Notices

Review of MeisterR ZetaCRD+

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2016, 11:22 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

It did sit a little lower yes, but still didn't scrape at all or cause any running issues. I was amazed.

I borrowed the company mondeo estate for the 2nd run and collected nearly 400 blocks in that. That scraped. A lot.
Old 28 March 2017, 03:39 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Great write up,thanks for sharing.
This might just make my choice a little easier
Old 28 March 2017, 03:42 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

No problems mate!
Old 28 March 2017, 09:33 PM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

need another group buy...
Old 28 March 2017, 09:35 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by nikon-man
need another group buy...
+1
Old 21 April 2017, 05:10 PM
TIZERBOY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
+1
+1
Old 08 May 2017, 12:23 AM
Dreep
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts

+1
Old 21 May 2017, 06:24 AM
Michael Hudson
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by MeisterR
Jerrick
+1 on a group buy too

Would love a set on my newage to get my old oem set off that are knocking on the rear struts.
Old 18 March 2018, 11:02 AM
sivo
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Hi BPR

Will be nearly 2 years since you fitted these, any chance you can give us an update on how they are holding up?

My jdm sti shocks are starting to creak and getting stiction issues on the rears.

Thanks,

Siv

Last edited by sivo; 18 March 2018 at 11:04 AM.
Old 19 March 2018, 06:36 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

Do you know what, these are still perfect. Every bit as good as the day I fitted them 2 years ago. I have done nothing to them since fitting apart from drive it daily in every condition. They are great. Still tight, still knock free and still providing an excellent ride quality for my modified every day car.

Couldn't be happier with these.
Old 19 March 2018, 08:15 PM
sivo
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
Hi mate,

Do you know what, these are still perfect. Every bit as good as the day I fitted them 2 years ago. I have done nothing to them since fitting apart from drive it daily in every condition. They are great. Still tight, still knock free and still providing an excellent ride quality for my modified every day car.

Couldn't be happier with these.
Excellent, i'm pretty sold on them.

With a bit of luck a group buy is not too far away

Cheers BPR.

siv
Old 20 March 2018, 12:12 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Any time.
Old 23 November 2020, 12:49 PM
charlesr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
Thought I would post a thread sharing my positive experience with this product. Link: https://www.meisterr.co.uk/products/zetacrd-plus/

SNIP

I finally got a chance to fit these to the car at the very beginning of June this year (2 months ago now) and I have attached a few pictures below taken during the fitting process. I checked the spring pre-tension on all struts and they were all supplied correct straight from the factory thankfully. I started by setting the coilovers on their maximum height setting, which is 80mm of strut thread inserted into the strut carrier housing. Both fronts & rears were set like this and installed on the car like this to test. I'm pleased to say that the height was WAY above standard when installed and test driven. The pics below are after a drive to settle everything down. I can report no knocks or bangs at all at this (ridiculous) height.

I then lowered the car all round to where it is now. I calculated that this is approximately 3.3" of drop from the standard FSTI ride height. Quite a lot to be honest, but once again at this position there are still absolutely no knocks or bangs from the suspension in any areas and the ride is no more harsh than it was at full height. Final ride heights shown in pics below are: 320mm rear from hub centre to wheel arch & 330mm front from hub centre to wheel arch. Measurements taken in this way to remove tyre profile variables between 45 and 40 profiles. True heights are 630mm arch to ground at rear and 630mm arch to ground at front.

I have the front set on 10 clicks from soft and the rears set on 8 clicks from soft and the ride is great. I would say that the car is every so slightly softer than if it were on STI suspension, but if pushed it REALLY holds the road. Turn in is fantastic and grip levels are massively improved over the last setup. The car has had full geometry setup too after I did this and camber is -1.6deg both sides at the rear (using Whiteline camber bolts) and -1.3deg negative camber at the front (using camber bolts and adjustable top mounts). It feels really planted on the road and really poised. Steering is fantastic now and it inspires so much confidence to push the car further than I felt possible before.

SNIP

Thanks. BPR.
Hi BPR
I'm just about to get these fitted to my Facelift.
Do you have a way of measuring how to set these before installing them, so I can end up at the same as you? So for example, before lowering they were "80mm of strut thread inserted into the strut carrier housing". Is there a similar measurement that can be taken for front and rear for final setup?
Cheers.
Any advice much appreciated.

I've also got some Eibach camber bolts for the rear.
Old 23 November 2020, 03:17 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by charlesr
Hi BPR
I'm just about to get these fitted to my Facelift.
Do you have a way of measuring how to set these before installing them, so I can end up at the same as you? So for example, before lowering they were "80mm of strut thread inserted into the strut carrier housing". Is there a similar measurement that can be taken for front and rear for final setup?
Cheers.
Any advice much appreciated.

I've also got some Eibach camber bolts for the rear.
Hi mate,

Unfortunately all the information I have is in the thread above. When I lowered the car from the initial 80mm insertion length I didn't measure the additional insertion into the strut, so can't tell you the final insertion lengths to achieve 320mm ride height. Sorry. Every car is slightly different on how it sits. So my advice would be to put them on, lower the car back down, drive it to allow it to settle, measure the arch to centre gaps, work out how much you need to come down by front and back and do front level so they are the same each side then back level. Should only need 1 re-adjustment if you measure and calculate correctly. Each mm of adjustment generally means a mm of ride height change. Simples.

Last edited by BrownPantsRacing; 23 November 2020 at 03:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Old 23 November 2020, 03:22 PM
BoxerFlat4
Scooby Regular

I never actually got to fit mine - ended up selling the Forester before sorting it out, and now they're sitting in my garage looking lonely. Keep thinking I might end up back in the Subaru fraternity (again), but hasn't happened yet.
Old 23 November 2020, 03:24 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BoxerFlat4
I never actually got to fit mine - ended up selling the Forester before sorting it out, and now they're sitting in my garage looking lonely. Keep thinking I might end up back in the Subaru fraternity (again), but hasn't happened yet.
You will one day. I keep buying the bloody things. Can't seem to leave the fold no matter how I try!
The following users liked this post:
Old 23 November 2020, 04:33 PM
charlesr
Scooby Regular

Cheers @BrownPantsRacing
Old 13 October 2021, 08:46 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Little update on this thread. Although the FSTI sold a few years back to a mate, he is still running the MetsierR Zeta+CRD coilover suspension I installed over 5 years ago now.

Although he's installed a new 2.35 EJ22 engine and running more power the original suspension setup I installed is still on the car and setup how I had it 5 years ago.

Ricky from LLF has just done a Youtube video of the car and he was very complimentary about the suspension and handling of the car. See the video here:
The following 2 users liked this post by BrownPantsRacing: