Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

Lateral performance MDX321H (400bhp) Billet Turbo for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2017, 09:04 PM
ComputerSystems
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lateral performance MDX321H (400bhp) Billet Turbo for Sale

Lateral performance MDX321H (400bhp) Billet Turbo for Sale

Specification as follows:-

Billet version with forged billet compressor wheel
Garrett “Ballistic Concepts” dual ball bearing core CHRA
Motorsport Bronze Bearing Carriers
Zircotec ceramic coated exhaust housing
1.2 bar actuator
58mm inlet

The Turbo is in excellent condition and is coming up to 16 months old. The Turbo has seen very little use since purchased new and has covered approximately 2000 miles. The Turbo has been run with Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 10W-50 Ester Fully Synthetic Engine Oil

Looking for £950 as the turbo is still like new really.

Free UK Mainland delivery offered.

Last edited by ComputerSystems; 18 June 2017 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01 June 2017, 02:04 AM
DHGFK
Scooby Newbie

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1036732-brand-new-turbo-issues.html

Is it this one? Bit disconcerting if so
Old 01 June 2017, 08:07 AM
bobbyd182
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DHGFK
https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1036732-brand-new-turbo-issues.html

Well spotted

I was considering this too.
Old 01 June 2017, 08:45 AM
ComputerSystems
Scooby Regular

Can you explain to me why you have chosen to directly reference a previous thread of mine and intentionally damage the saleability of my Turbo?

I would NOT try and sell a faulty Turbo to some unsuspecting individual and burden them with the nightmare I experienced!

In short the answer is NO! It is not the same unit referred to in the above mentioned thread. The issues experienced in the above mentioned thread turned out to be indeed directly related to the Turbo as suspected. As a result, the unit was returned under warranty and deemed unfit for purpose (Faulty), the unit was replaced with a brand new unit and the issues disappeared instantly.

The only reason I have now chosen to sell the Turbo is the fact that, I have taken the car off the road and decided to use it competitively for hill climes/Sprints. This particular Turbo is a little too laggy on my particular setup unfortunately for this purpose; I need something to spool instantly such as one of the smaller IHI VF series, maybe a VF24, I’m really not sure what Turbo to use yet.

Last edited by ComputerSystems; 01 June 2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01 June 2017, 08:54 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I would suggest maybe going twinscroll setup and use a vf36/vf37 should make around 350-360bhp with similar torque
Old 01 June 2017, 10:49 AM
DHGFK
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ComputerSystems
Can you explain to me why you have chosen to directly reference a previous thread of mine and intentionally damage the saleability of my Turbo?

I would NOT try and sell a faulty Turbo to some unsuspecting individual and burden them with the nightmare I experienced!

In short the answer is NO! It is not the same unit referred to in the above mentioned thread. The issues experienced in the above mentioned thread turned out to be indeed directly related to the Turbo as suspected. As a result, the unit was returned under warranty and deemed unfit for purpose (Faulty), the unit was replaced with a brand new unit and the issues disappeared instantly.

The only reason I have now chosen to sell the Turbo is the fact that, I have taken the car off the road and decided to use it competitively for hill climes/Sprints. This particular Turbo is a little too laggy on my particular setup unfortunately for this purpose; I need something to spool instantly such as one of the smaller IHI VF series, maybe a VF24, I’m really not sure what Turbo to use yet.
Apologies if that's how it came across, but I've actually been planning to buy a MD321H from LP and was interested in this sale. I think it's fair to make sure the turbo hasn't had any issues when potentially sending £1100 to a stranger! Cheers for the reply either way
Old 01 June 2017, 10:58 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Apologies if that's how it came across, but I've actually been planning to buy a MD321H from LP and was interested in this sale. I think it's fair to make sure the turbo hasn't had any issues when potentially sending £1100 to a stranger! Cheers for the reply either way
Keep your eyes open when buying an MD turbo from LP, would be the take away from this post
Old 01 June 2017, 11:41 AM
DHGFK
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by banny sti
Keep your eyes open when buying an MD turbo from LP, would be the take away from this post
You don't usually hear bad things about the MD series either at least they replaced it though
Old 01 June 2017, 11:48 AM
ComputerSystems
Scooby Regular

No worries and yes i completely understand.
Old 18 June 2017, 06:45 PM
ComputerSystems
Scooby Regular

Price reduction.

Last edited by ComputerSystems; 18 June 2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old 20 June 2017, 07:06 AM
Piggysniffer
Scooby Regular

Hi ya, what engine size were/are you running this turbo on, and what's the price reduced to
👍
Old 20 June 2017, 04:02 PM
ComputerSystems
Scooby Regular

Hi there,

I am running this Turbo on a Forged 2 Litre V3/4 STI Engine with obviously no AVCS and standard Head/Cams. The engine is running a 8.4:1 compression ratio on a closed deck block.

The engine produces 430Bhp and 370 ft-lb of torque @ 1.8Bar using this Turbo on 99 RON V-Power.

Looking for £950 as the turbo is still like new really.
Old 11 July 2017, 10:15 PM
ComputerSystems
Scooby Regular

SOLD