Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

Subaru impreza classic wagon ej207 swap Garrett turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2018, 03:53 PM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru impreza classic wagon ej207 swap Garrett turbo

Hi My beloved subaru impreza classic wagon is for sale. Reason for sale is I need to start being a grown up and start saving.

The car is a 1997 uk2000 which last year had a ej207 swap. The engine came from another classic that it had been put into but was fill of rust. But because I removed the engine and scrapped the car I also have all the paper work for the old car too. The engine had the heads done may 2016 where they used 0.78mm rcm gaskets also had the cam belt changed at 115890k. Garrett t28r turbo, 3port boost solenoid, Roger Clark headers wrapped in heat protection, high velocity up pipe, oil catch can, viper intake pipe, stainless front mount intercooler. Perrins cone filter. Short shift and lightened flywheel, Parallel fuel set up with pressure gauge. Car was mapped by Bob Rawle. Car is rapid and should be around a safe 330 to 340bhp.

Car is sat on XYZ coilovers with the standard 17inch alloys wrapped in falken tyres. The front lower arms were changed to the sti alloy ones. Which both ball joints and ball joint cones were changed. 4pot front brakes 2 pot rears with braided pipes. Rear brake line were changed to copper.

I also had to swap the interior so it has the facelift dash with door cards. boost gauge, voltage meter and air fuel ratio gauge. Sti front seats 2 fire extinguishers. Viper cat 1 alarm.

Bigger sti front scoop and little side scoop sti rear spoilers.

There are a few bad bits the rear windows don't work. When the switches are plugged in they kept blowing the fuse. So I just unplugged them. Since this the boot doesn't unlock either fob or key. To open it I just flick the lock over from the inside. Never really bothered me but if I get a chance will take a look sometime. One arch kept hitting the wheel looks like it's been repaired and the filler has come out (see photos). the gutter strips are flew off when driving down a motorway. I've got 1 to replace one of them but would still need a drivers.

The car since doing all the swap has never let me down. Always so much fun to drive and still scares the crap outta me.

The shell has done around 180000 where as the engine has only done around 123000 the clocks read the engines mileage.

Mot until April 2019 car has got full service history until the swap which was done last year.
There is a thread in the projects of all of the bits I've done.

£3500 ono

car is in Christchurch Dorset.
Old 05 October 2018, 07:47 AM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

£3200.
Old 05 October 2018, 07:52 AM
Harris classic
Scooby Regular

I've moved to Banbury. So car is located with me here. £3200
Old 13 October 2018, 09:28 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Looks stunning bud, shame your selling it.