Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2002 Bugeye STI Type-UK project. Partially stripped down

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2018, 04:47 PM
mph123
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Bugeye STI Type-UK project. Partially stripped down

It's with some sadness and, no doubt, a lot of regret that I'm having to put my car up for sale due to a complete lack of time to put it back together, and I'm soon to be losing the unit it is stored in.

I took the car off the road in August last year, with the intention of doing a few little modifications and a few bits of tidying up here and there over the winter, with a view to getting it back on the road in spring this year. Unfortunately I haven't come close to finishing (or even starting) the jobs I intended on doing, thanks to work commitments I can't see me doing them any time soon, and now I'm due to lose the unit, so I'm gutted to have to sell it as it is.

​​​​​2002 Impreza STI Type-UK
08V black
Approximately 87k miles
Ton's of history and receipts. V5 present in my name, Key and immobiliser fob, and original immobiliser keypad code stickers are all present.
Engine runs superb. Original engine was knackered when I bought the car, so it was replaced with a mint used unit from Matt at MB Developments (approx 66k miles on the engine). Work was carried out by Autotecnica Subaru in Buxton, Derbyshire. Engine was fully serviced and had timing belt and water pump replaced, as well as a new Exedy pink clutch at the same time (receipt to prove).
Turbo is excellent, pulls very strongly, no play in shaft at all, bearings a perfectly smooth.
Car was live mapped on the road by Andy Carr, via Autotecnica Subaru. Conservatively estimated to be around 330bhp. He commented on how well it responded for a largely standard car. Launch control and controllable "pops and bangs" also mapped in. I had NGK PFR7B plugs fitted and the neutral position switch on the gearbox replaced at this time.
Running gear, gearbox, diffs are all A1, no whines or rattles. Clutch is perfect.
Bodywork is in generally good condition. Bits worthy of mention are a rust bubble about the size of a 10p where the rear bumper corner meets the o/s arch, and a small scuff on rear bumper n/s corner. Also, the paintwork on the spoiler isn't great. As per the pictures, the car is quite dusty, the paintwork beneath though is generally very good, with just the usual age-related marks.
Has additional upper roof spoiler (above rear screen).
Undersides of car are very good (this was my main reason for buying this particular car in the first place). Only surfaced rust on some parts, but absolutely no rot, including the all-import front U-brace.
19" OZ SuperLegerra's in gloss black, with Vredistein Ultrac Vorti's all round, tyres have covered less than 2k miles and have plenty tread left
Lowered on Tein Springs
Whiteline anti-lift kit
Whiteline adjustable rear ARB and drop links
Standard Brembo's with drilled and grooved discs, and Yellow Stuff pads all round.
Blitz Nur-spec cat-back exhaust in mint condition, decat, standard headers.
Black front mounted intercooler with polished pipework and JS Performance silicone joiners
ABW Silicone hose kit and silicone intake hose in black.
Interior will come totally standard with the standard STI seats, the bucket seats and harnesses in the pictures are NOT included.

As you can see from the pictures the car is in a state of partial strip-down. As it is at the moment it will not run as the inlet manifold, associated vac lines, some of the cooling system, and the intercooler pipework are removed from the car. I DO NOT have time to start putting it back together, hence why I am selling it as it is at well below its market value as a complete car.

Every part I have removed from the car is still present and is included in the sale. I had intended on giving the engine bay a full detail and refresh, so felt the need to remove some of the harder-to-access stuff. The red STI TGV-delete inlet manifold was removed with the intention of refreshing the paint and doing a parallel fuel rail conversion, I never did get round to doing it but it is included in the sale. The coolant system was drained down, most of the hoses were removed to be replaced with the ABW silicone hose kit (again, included), the header tank was removed to allow removal of the inlet manifold, I intended on painting it but, again, never have got round to doing it. The FMIC has been dummy fitted, then mostly removed again, all parts are included. If you'd prefer the original STI top-mount intercooler and original bumper crossmember, I have both of these and would be willing to swap them for the FMIC, it's entirely up to the buyer. Original front bumper and fogs are present and included as is the grill. Original STI strut brace included. STI Bonnet scoop and undertray are both included. UK300 headlights are NOT included, I sold them and bought a set of standard STI black projector headlights which are included instead. Any parts I may have missed from the description will still be included, every part I have removed are safely stored on racks.

The ONLY part that will need to be bought is an induction/air filter kit. It had a K&N Typhoon kit fitted before, unfortunately the intercooler pipework would not fit with the K&N's heatshield, so I sold it with the intention of replacing it with a different induction kit. The MAF sensor, however, is included.

I understand selling a car that doesn't run or drive isn't the best sales technique, but this is a genuinely brilliant car when complete, it has been my pride-and-joy for the 3 years I've owned it (the longest time I've ever owned any car), and I've meticulously looked after it, with no expense spared. Unfortunately my intentions have been poorly timed and a little overambitious considering my work commitments.

It honestly does not need a penny spending on it, just a day or two in time to put it back together. I'm well aware of it's value as a running, driving car. I am also aware it is worth considerably more in parts.

All things considered, I think £5000 is a reasonable and fair asking price.

I am very reluctant to take less than that, but I will listen to any offers. If I am not able to get what I am asking the car will be going to a friend of mine's garage to be broken for parts, this is not an option I really want to take as 1. He'll be charging me to strip it, and 2. I couldn't bare to see it being broken up for parts, but I may soon not have any choice.

Obviously you will need a transporter or trailer to take the car away. Any inspections are more than welcome. Car is located in Glossop, Derbyshire.

Please comment or PM me if you require more details.

Thanks, Marc

Last edited by mph123; 25 January 2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 30 January 2018, 12:41 PM
mph123
Scooby Regular

Reduced £4800. Needs to go asap
Old 23 February 2018, 03:12 PM
mph123
Scooby Regular

sold