Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2.1 Enginetuner built 05 Sti

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2018, 08:43 PM
Scooby5tu
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.1 Enginetuner built 05 Sti

Regrettably for sale is my 2.1 Engintuner built Sti. £13000 ovno.

I've owned it just over a year but shortly after purchasing, we found out we were expecting our first baby. As a result I barely use it and that won't be changing in the near future so decisions have had to be made. Anyway, enough about my life story, let's get to the bit you're hopefully interested in, the car!

I'll start with the good bits.

It's running an Enginetuner built 2.1 CDB stroker that produced 462bhp @ 1.8 bar on a Turbotechnics S206 turbo, 410bhp @ 1.4 bar on low boost on its last printout so plenty of room for more power if you so wish. For the spec of the engine, the power it is running is nothing and little more than what you can run on a standard new age block. The engine has covered approximately 12k since it was refreshed, the chassis of the car has covered nearly 77k. Mot was in April and passed without advisory.

The car is managed by syvecs and monitored by toucan, which i had installed under a year ago along with the proper loom and sensors. It also had the cam belt done, custom catch can fitted, full service and front pads last year. Mishimoto Oil cooler was moved from the top mount position and is now in the passenger side wing fed cool air via a duct. It has a custom down pipe with resonated Cobra centre section and back box. It's lowered on BC coilovers and has genuine BBS Sti alloys refurbished in gloss black. It has Hatch sti front seats and the door cards have been redone in black alacantara whilst the rear seats recovered in black. Has a genuine Spec C roof vent also. Brand new Pioneer Apple car play head unit fitted less than a month ago. The brakes have been overhauled by Godspeed and i replaced the front carbone lorraine RC5 pads with ferrodo d2500's last year. It also had whiteline ARB's fitted new last year. Full, more detailed spec available upon request. A lot has been done to the car in the last 18 months and on the whole.

Not so good bits...

The gearbox needs 5th gear synchro replacing. It drives absolutely fine in all gears until you really push on in 4th where it will crunch as you change to 5th. I didn't notice this when I bought it as It'll only do this when you're on a private road, or track if you're into that, as you need to be doing 80-90mph + for it to happen. Its a non DCCD box so not as expensive to fix/replace. Every cloud and that.

Neither good nor bad bits....

The brakes squel when they get warm.

Whilst not bad, it's worth saying about as i have nothing to hide. The car is a 2005 Euro UK Sti. All that means is when it was first purchased, it came from an EU country via UK dealer where they had the option of the alarm and DCCD gearbox found on all UK widetracks, as standard. For whatever reason, these options were not taken so it has an Autowatch alarm on it instead. It also used to be black but was resprayed properly in frozen RS white. I have pictures of the car before, during and afterwards to show it wasn't to cover accident damage or anything untoward.

The car has been well looked after and the owner previous to whom I bought it from, had it looked after by RCM whom I'm sure will be happy to tell you about the car. I have a folder full of history of the car with receipts in excess of £30k!
Good Imprezas are becoming rare and this is one of those. I'd love to keep it but it's not a feasible option unfortunately.

Thanks for looking. Price reflects the gearbox issue otherwise, it's a sound car and very good value at £13k. Very close offers but no PX please as I have a daily already. I won't break it either. I don't have time to drive/use it, let alone take it apart!

Old 07 May 2018, 11:14 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Stunning car

GLWTS mate
Old 08 May 2018, 08:50 AM
scoobiepaul
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lovely looking car, with a very good engine spec. GLWS.

Last edited by scoobiepaul; 10 May 2018 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08 May 2018, 07:04 PM
Scooby5tu
Scooby Newbie

Thank you both, I appreciate it :-)
Old 09 May 2018, 11:51 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Hi mate...lovely car....the engine bay Is still black isn't it? I remember the car being for sale by the Welsh lad...looked a lovely motor
Old 09 May 2018, 05:34 PM
Scooby5tu
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by johno01
Hi mate...lovely car....the engine bay Is still black isn't it? I remember the car being for sale by the Welsh lad...looked a lovely motor
Hello mate. Thank you, it is. Yes, the engine bay was left black which is a nice contrast with the white of the car I think. The inlet manifold is also black along with the FMIC pipe work. I’m sure had the gearbox not got an issue, it would have had a lot more interest now. Shame I’ve got to let it go. Yeah that’s who I bought it from last April.
Old 09 May 2018, 06:34 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooby5tu
Hello mate. Thank you, it is. Yes, the engine bay was left black which is a nice contrast with the white of the car I think. The inlet manifold is also black along with the FMIC pipe work. I’m sure had the gearbox not got an issue, it would have had a lot more interest now. Shame I’ve got to let it go. Yeah that’s who I bought it from last April.
Good luck,the car looks a beauty there's another lovely blob for sale the Lichfield one,I thought that would've sold right away but it didn't so maybe the market is just abit quiet.
Old 09 May 2018, 09:51 PM
Scooby5tu
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by johno01
Good luck,the car looks a beauty there's another lovely blob for sale the Lichfield one,I thought that would've sold right away but it didn't so maybe the market is just abit quiet.
Thank you, I appreciate it. It’s a lovely car, don’t want to sell it but it’s the right thing to do...annoyingly!

Yes, I’ve seen that, very nice. Cars like these only appeal to a small amount in the grand scheme of things so may take time. Good cars always sell though so I’ll just be patient
Old 10 May 2018, 10:11 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Makes me feel like selling the Spec C to buy this

Reminds me of my old white blob and I wish i’d Never sold that
Old 10 May 2018, 10:40 PM
FarfocelI
BANNED

Originally Posted by Anger
Makes me feel like selling the Spec C to buy this

Reminds me of my old white blob and I wish i’d Never sold that
Price in mind?
Old 11 May 2018, 06:38 AM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FarfocelI
Price in mind?
About 14-15k
Old 11 May 2018, 10:28 AM
FarfocelI
BANNED

Originally Posted by Anger
About 14-15k
I just bought white jdm hawk , im happy with it but spec c with 2.1 will be nice to
Seen Your car but I thought it will be closer to 17k
Old 15 May 2018, 12:16 PM
Scooby5tu
Scooby Newbie

Car has now sold. Thank you to those who showed interest