Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

JDM LEGACY GTB BH5 MANUAL (RARE!) 280BHP WHITE Possible SWAP/PX!

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2014, 10:42 AM
sukhrajchhokar
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default JDM LEGACY GTB BH5 MANUAL (RARE!) 280BHP WHITE Possible SWAP/PX!

Hi all...

Looking to go back to an Impreza or something else Subaru as don't need the room in the Legacy anymore!

I have always wanted one and finally got to own one and loved every moment of it!

Many are unaware of the specs on these so here we go..

They come from the factory with a Twin Turbo 2 Stage Boxer engine. Its the EJ208 in the GTB Manuals (confirmed via vin plate and engine code) which produce a very hefty 280BHP! It has a smaller turbo kick in low down so you have plenty of umph when around town and then at higher revs has a massive kick when both turbos kick in.

Also I have read somewhere that they had forged internals from the factory hence why alot of them had piston slap on cold starts (This one is one of the lucky ones that doesnt!)

The GTB models also came with Blistein suspension which can only be described as immense! When you are driving you dont realise its an estate! It holds and sticks to road like a hatch...

Comes with half leather seats, Climate control, Folding mirrors, Bluetooth,USB, iPhone etc etc Sony Headunit..

Only mods are a Baileys DV (standard also available!) Straight pipe backbox that likes to go pop pop bang and a Blitz Induction cone(standard airbox also available).

Car runs perfect and any test is welcome. It has 12 Months MOT on it which went through with no advisories! Also comes with 6 Months road tax..

Bad points slight scuff on rear bumper...Paintwork other than that is amazing! Every time car is taken for a wash people cannot believe its a 98 model! I love my older JDM cars to look immaculate...It just makes them better!

Has the usual sloppy gearstick which is a easy enough fix but not got around to doing it yet..This is common place of legacys but if you head over to UKLEGACY they show whats required. Sure a member was selling the parts at around £30 to get it solid again. This is me being very picky!

Keyfob seems to need a new battery or replacing...You can unlock/lock car with the usual key into door method. Please note the keyless entry system IS active (research keyless entry on uklegacy) you get the beeps if you try to open door without unlocking it..

Car is still in KM's but in miles it has covered roughly 88K Miles which will go up as its my daily car..I personally prefer cars not converted as there's no working out how many miles its done etc etc

I am looking for a Classic Impreza STI that I can Swap/PX with or maybe a newage WRX with some tasty mods! Let me know what you guys have!

Selling wise looking at £3200 o.n.o

Pics below..

Old 07 August 2014, 10:46 AM
sukhrajchhokar
Scooby Regular

Bump...Open to offers...grab a bargain over the weekend!! Dont be afraid and try me..as said any tests welcome car runs perfect! Pulls very hard!
Old 12 August 2014, 02:47 PM
sukhrajchhokar
Scooby Regular

£3000 o.n.o
Old 14 August 2014, 05:19 PM
sukhrajchhokar
Scooby Regular

£2750 LAST PRICE DROP...FOUND A CAR I WANT!
Old 21 August 2014, 09:34 AM
sukhrajchhokar
Scooby Regular

£2600...Crazy price! As said PERFECT!
Old 22 August 2014, 11:42 AM
sukhrajchhokar
Scooby Regular

Some interior pics..