STi Rear Bumper/Equivalents MY06 Hawkeye

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2017, 06:19 PM
grmc
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STi Rear Bumper/Equivalents MY06 Hawkeye

Hi all,

I have a MY06 Hawkeye WRX which I've owned from new. It has had a number of mods over the years, but very little externally, and one enhancement I was intending to do when the time (or price) was right was swap the standard bumper for the wider STi bumper, and add the trims to the rear wheel arches at the same time.

Well, after my wife subtly redesigned the rear bumper after reversing the car into "she doesn't remember", that time has arrived!

I've been looking for WR Blue rear STi bumpers for a couple of months now, and un-damaged ones are proving impossible to locate.

There are a number of after-market bumpers which, on the face of it, look quite neat. The trouble is, I don't want to go down the route of buying something like that if it turns out to be crap.

So, I have two questions for you all:

1. Which years of STi bumpers will fit my MY06 Hawkeye? I am conscious that there may be more than the 2005-2007 year variant that will be identical and I can therefore widen my search.

2. Has anyone fitted (just) the rear bumper of any of the aftermarket designs? If so, can you post photos, give a brief review and let me know how easy they were to bolt on?

Many thanks in advance!

Graham
Old 27 June 2017, 07:04 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Exclusive to MY05 widetrack Blobeye and MY06 & 07 Hawkeye

Have you spoken to any of the Breakers on here??
Old 27 June 2017, 11:01 PM
grmc
Scooby Newbie

Many thanks for that Don!

Yes, I've messaged two guys who regularly post breaking cars but neither have any in stock at the moment. A wider search online and even posting on a nationwide breakers site hasn't produced much by way of useable parts. Most tend to be damaged, or the wrong colour. If I've got to repair/repaint one I'd sooner buy the part brand new, but am loathe to spend that kind of money right now.

EDIT: Which is the correct part number to be searching for from that list of 5? Sorry if it's a stupid question but I've never seen that system before and a search on 57704A alone brings back bumpers from all years.

Last edited by grmc; 27 June 2017 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Question about part ref
Old 28 June 2017, 08:37 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Subaru Fast Parts Database

The PART CODE 57704A refers to rear bumper faces "in general".

The ACTUAL part numbers are listed in the "Part Number" column.
The last three all the same refer to MY05/06 and 07 (see MY and Production date columns)

A further "exclusivity" clue is the "Applicable Model" column where only S.STi shows (S for Sedan/saloon)

57704FE260
Old 04 July 2017, 04:23 PM
grmc
Scooby Newbie

Many thanks Don!
Old 06 July 2017, 07:08 PM
Mark10sti
Scooby Regular

I have a hawkeye rear bumper in wr blue available!!!!