Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

United should be crucifying teams like Feyenoord, even without our full team
terrible result
Old 16 September 2016, 12:30 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Hence why i'd be tempted to just loose, they need to concentrate on premier ship, instead of wasting time on Europa league. Are you bothered if there in it or not.
Old 16 September 2016, 09:09 PM
elgassi
Scooby Regular

I don't think so, we should be playing to win the Europa League, winning breeds confidence, winning anything makes you stronger and hungrier for greater success
We have spent sooooo much money recently, if we can't compete in Europe, challenge for the EPL then in my eyes somethings wrong with the way we're being run or the style of football we're playing, we have the squad to win the EPL, the players need to get their acts together and BELIEVE they can
In the game against citeeh we were poor in the first half, as everyone noticed 2 players were overcome by the occasion, Jesse and Henrikh - you can't carry players in games like that, you need all 11 up for it - In the 2nd half we were competing
Old 16 September 2016, 11:56 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

I'm not fussed about it, prefer to win the Premier ship. Players can get tired and injured aswell, if it works as you say its great, always think of man u treble, but if players get tired and injured could end up loosing everything.

Whatford Sunday, i.m sure they will get back into it. I hope.
Old 17 September 2016, 12:06 AM
elgassi
Scooby Regular

Pogba needs to go out and have a great game to shut up the media and knockers

3 nil to United
Old 17 September 2016, 10:32 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elgassi
3 nil to United
LoL... I like your optimism but not a chance, for as long as United have got Rooney and Fellaini in midfield then it's going to remain pretty much the same with Zlatan being isolated and getting no quality service.

All he's been feeding off so far is hopeful high ***** into the box, it's his quality alone that has got him a few goals so far where he has turned average floated in high ***** into goals.
Old 17 September 2016, 10:50 PM
elgassi
Scooby Regular

against Watford we've got to be playing attacking football from the start
up front I'd have Martial, Zlatan and Rashford
pogba, herrera & Rooney midfield
Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Shaw defence
ddg

rashford brace and Rooney to score, becoming the EPL top away goalscorer of all time
simples (if only)
Old 18 September 2016, 02:01 PM
elgassi
Scooby Regular

Mmm got that spot on then lol
It's going to be a long hard season me thinks
Old 18 September 2016, 06:00 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by elgassi
It's going to be a long hard season me thinks
That's the under statement of the year lol, unless United bring in some top drawer sigings in January, mainly in midfield then they won't be making the top 4. It maybe too late by then anyway, i'd be surprised if Mourhino is still their at the start of next season, at some point i'm expecting the pressure to get to him just like it did at Chelsea last season where his interviews became more and more bizarre, he'll be blaming everything and anything for the poor results but himself.

City will probably finish top, after that you have got Arsenal who virtually always make the top 4, then you've got Liverpool on the rise playing good football, Chelsea are better than last season and Spurs will get going at some point.

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 18 September 2016 at 06:02 PM.
Old 18 September 2016, 06:07 PM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

The squad is decent, but they need to play as a team. Rooney is a key player and he needs to be used correctly. But the pace players need to have someone who can get them in behind - there is no genuine world class creative player in the middle. Mata is our closest to one, but he needs to play more. Poor, poor game today and on this showing the players seem a bit lost in the formation. Time will tell. It's a long season. Maureen is odd, but if he gets wins all will be forgiven.
Old 19 September 2016, 10:10 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

I agree with Fellaini he needs to go, but Rooney is a key player when he's playing at his best, to be honest the whole squad was poor apart from Rashford and ibrahimovic.

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99
LoL... I like your optimism but not a chance, for as long as United have got Rooney and Fellaini in midfield then it's going to remain pretty much the same with Zlatan being isolated and getting no quality service.

All he's been feeding off so far is hopeful high ***** into the box, it's his quality alone that has got him a few goals so far where he has turned average floated in high ***** into goals.
Old 19 September 2016, 10:21 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sprigeteer
The squad is decent, but they need to play as a team. Rooney is a key player and he needs to be used correctly. But the pace players need to have someone who can get them in behind - there is no genuine world class creative player in the middle. Mata is our closest to one, but he needs to play more. Poor, poor game today and on this showing the players seem a bit lost in the formation. Time will tell. It's a long season. Maureen is odd, but if he gets wins all will be forgiven.
Lets not forget we have Michataryan, would be nice to see him get a game

Maureen needs to sort out who his No 10 is and stick with him.
Old 19 September 2016, 11:02 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99
That's the under statement of the year lol, unless United bring in some top drawer sigings in January, mainly in midfield then they won't be making the top 4. It maybe too late by then anyway, i'd be surprised if Mourhino is still their at the start of next season, at some point i'm expecting the pressure to get to him just like it did at Chelsea last season where his interviews became more and more bizarre, he'll be blaming everything and anything for the poor results but himself.

City will probably finish top, after that you have got Arsenal who virtually always make the top 4, then you've got Liverpool on the rise playing good football, Chelsea are better than last season and Spurs will get going at some point.
Top drawer signings - haven't we just done so?
Personally I think its a bit premature dismissing Mourhino already
Old 19 September 2016, 04:56 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Pointless throwing money at the problem. It's nothing to do with quality of players, it's getting them working as a team and knowing your best 11.

When your defender backs up into your goal keeper you know something's up. United won the first few games of the season fairly easily, but now it's fallen apart.
Old 19 September 2016, 06:19 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sprigeteer
there is no genuine world class creative player in the middle.
This...
Old 20 September 2016, 10:29 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
Top drawer signings - haven't we just done so?
Personally I think its a bit premature dismissing Mourhino already
United seriously lack a quality, creative midfielder. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is isolated up front, their is no link with Zlatan and the midfield. Rooney is supposed to be the link, he's not good enough on several counts. He doesn't have the pace anymore that he had when he was younger, his first touch can leave a lot to be desired, his passes quite a lot of the time are over hit or he gives the ball away cheaply. Against lesser opposition Rooney and United can get away with it most of the time, they didn't on sunday. Against better opposition Rooney gets shown up for what he is which is a player that's in regression and isn't a midfielder, he's lost is pace and isn't creative enough to the standard that United need.

Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea all have better midfields than United, at least 2 of them will finish above United, possibly all 3. Teams go through United far too easily especially better sides, City exposed United's midfield for what it is.
Old 22 September 2016, 10:57 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Maureen is p1ssing me off already, found myself shouting at the TV last night during his post match interview.

Contradicting himself saying he wont comment on single players. He's doing exactly what I thought he'd do, he has learned nothing from his major fall from grace at Chelsea.

Carrick was absolutely superb last night, he needs to start on Saturday alongside Pogba we need his quality in midfield orchestrating things.
Old 24 September 2016, 03:00 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

That was more like it. Good result and well played
More of the same please Jose
Old 24 September 2016, 04:29 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
That was more like it. Good result and well played
More of the same please Jose
Their is no coincidence that United arguably played their best football of the season with both Fellaini and Rooney left out of the starting 11, it could have been quite a few more if Zlatan had his shooting boots on today.

Their were glimpses today of what United are capable of, in spells they looked very good, they just need to polish up a few things as they still look like they could concede goals. Bailly looks better and better the more you see of him, i thought Blind was very solid as well today and Pogba was excellent.
Old 25 September 2016, 08:20 AM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

Decent result against and slightly abject Leicester. Can't avoid the fact that Rooney needs to up his game as there are better options in almost every position based on form. Mata is the best option we have behind the striker(s). What I wouldn't give for a Coutinho/Sanchez/Ozil type in midfield. Or we could stick Mata on a rolling road and pop a bigger turbo on - christ he's slow.
Old 29 September 2016, 12:52 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Looking forward to playing a team I've never heard of before !!
Old 29 September 2016, 04:16 PM
Ash Webster
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rooney ''injured'' for tonights game, forcing zlatan to start so he hopes he can start saturday.. **** off!!!
Old 16 October 2016, 08:17 PM
elgassi
Scooby Regular

well are we going to steam roller Liverpool tomorrow
or listen to the hype and roll over before we even get on the pitch
this has to be JM's big test, get the team out there and at it
Old 16 October 2016, 09:33 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Lets hope they win, can't wait. Just hoping united don't get steam rollered.
Old 16 October 2016, 09:57 PM
elgassi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Lets hope they win, can't wait. Just hoping united don't get steam rollered.
lol we have to believe UTD will win or worse case a draw, a loss is no good at all
Old 17 October 2016, 09:14 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

3 -2 to United. I reckon first half 2 - 1 to Liverpool
Old 17 October 2016, 11:00 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Win this in style and our season has turned a corner, lose and we'll plod on as we have done for the past 3 seasons.

Hate to say it but LFC to win 4-2
Old 17 October 2016, 02:57 PM
elgassi
Scooby Regular

we never do things the easy way, we'll probably win this and then loose to Burnley and Swansea over the next couple of weeks lol
Old 17 October 2016, 05:46 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Received 154 Likes on 105 Posts

On all known form this season i don't see how you can give a realistic chance to United winning this game, i'm going for 2-1 to Liverpool with Zlatan getting our goal, they have a poor defence so i'd be really surprised if they can keep Zlatan quiet for for the full 90 mins.
Old 17 October 2016, 10:05 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Received 154 Likes on 105 Posts

Well that was a 90 min bore fest, i've never known a United team go to Anfield and be so negative. They had no intention of trying to win the game, it was all about keeping 11 men behind the ball and not conceding, instead of a back 4 they were playing a back 6 when Liverpool had the ball and another bank of 3 in front of them.

Welcome to the world of Mourinho, expect to see more of the same dull tactics in the bigger games especially away from home, it's what he did at Chelsea, it's what he'll do here. It's not a Manchester United way of playing, it never has been.

Last edited by The Joshua Tree; 17 October 2016 at 11:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Man United Thread 2016-2017