Notices
Sport General sport discussion

The 2015-2016 Arsenal Thread

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2018, 03:36 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Also I wonder where he is going to end up , wouldn't surprise me if PSG have got him lined up.
Old 21 April 2018, 08:43 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Rodgers is currently the favourite for the job ffs if they make him manager I give up altogether with Arsenal. Gazidis is a ******* ar$ehole he wants the cheap option and someone who won't want to spend money. Another yes man.

Luis Enrique is the only candidate for the job but he will want signings and as usual the board won't want that
Old 24 April 2018, 12:05 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
BTW

C5 Mon 10:00pm The Feud Ferguson vs Wenger

The Halcyon days of the Prem imho

Should be a good watch, Pizzagate, The Nevs kicking the crap out of Reyes at Old T to end that run, never the same player after that, didn't he cry off back to Spain
I enjoyed that tonight. What a miserable c*** Scholes is

Like you say Funkii it was the best days the Premiership has ever seen. It's what I dream of being repeated where Utd and Arsenal go toe to toe. Where Arsenal have a team I can be proud of and say what a team we are. It's why i've been critical of Wenger since 2008 because he ripped the spine out of the team and never replaced it and still hasn't 10 years down the line. It's all that mattered to me, if he had replaced the players that left and kept a spine I wouldn't have been as damning as I have for the last 10 years.

I just hope whoever comes in next makes it a priority to get a replacement for Vieira after all this time!
Old 24 April 2018, 12:43 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Unbelievable

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ent-at-arsenal

Gazidis hasn't got a ******* clue what he is doing and is the biggest liability at the club
Old 24 April 2018, 09:06 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bookies seem to be favouring Luis Enrique, and they're usually not that wrong.
Old 24 April 2018, 09:55 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
The bookies seem to be favouring Luis Enrique, and they're usually not that wrong.
A few days ago Brendan Rodgers was the bookies favourite so they seem to be in the dark on this one changing like the wind!

Gazidis is the worst problem at Arsenal i'd much rather he went before Wenger ever did.
Old 24 April 2018, 02:04 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

On the upside Brendan has ruled himself out, probably because he knows it would be a step too high for him.

With regards to Wenger at least he's contributed to making the Arsenal thread on SN a 7 pager this season, surpassing the united thread for the first time in many a season, Credit where credit is due
Old 25 April 2018, 10:04 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Yeah but that is over the course of 3 seasons so still no great achievement

And much of it has been me talking to myself

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 25 April 2018 at 10:06 AM.
Old 25 April 2018, 12:23 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

"And much of it has been me talking to myself"

I watched the "Feud" last night and it was OK but could have been so much better, typical lazy C5 imho
Old 25 April 2018, 01:21 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

They could have made it it a lot longer and covered stories more thoroughly. I still think Pizzagate is hilarious
Old 30 April 2018, 10:44 AM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clear foul in build up to the 1st goal and we should've had a penalty. That makes it 2-1 to Arsenal in my mind
Old 30 April 2018, 04:03 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Trust Fergie being on the touch line, inspired an Old School last minute winner just for Arsene
Old 30 April 2018, 04:18 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Old 30 April 2018, 04:27 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

I see Brendan Rodgers has again said he's staying at Celtic.

Sounds like a man trying to convince the AFC board to call him up for an interview.

"Yeah we heard you the first time mate, we're still not interested"
Old 01 May 2018, 12:15 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

I don't know what I would do if we ended up with him as manager. I think i'd find Wenger and personally drive him back to the Emirates and say get the **** back in there all is forgiven and I will never say a bad word against you again!
Old 03 May 2018, 08:58 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

22 years and never once succeeded at european level I think says it all. Can't even do it in the 2nd string competition let alone the elite.

It says it all when the board are looking for a young cheap manager to come in to replace Wenger and won't pay the going rate for a world class manager, they will never learn and will never get back to when David Dein ran the club
Old 03 May 2018, 09:09 PM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Dreadful defending from bellerin AGAIN!!! And welbeck....get him off NOW!!...still to this day don’t know what he’s good at
Old 03 May 2018, 09:20 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Watching Arsenal play in Europe is like watching England play in the World up, hugely frustrating and futile
Old 03 May 2018, 09:21 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matty81
Dreadful defending from bellerin AGAIN!!! And welbeck....get him off NOW!!...still to this day don’t know what he’s good at
When the choice is between Welbeck and Iwobi then it shows just how utterly **** our squad is
Old 15 May 2018, 08:07 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

If Arteta gets the managers job then I will stop supporting Arsenal it will have gone from bad to worse. Until that gimp Gazidis goes **** like this will just continue. Pay peanuts get monkeys. They won’t pay the salary for a world class manager so once again it shows the utter lack of ambition to win anything ever again Arteta was a **** player and will be an even worse manager with zero experience. I can’t stand the bloke. I’d rather have Vieira at least he has actually managed a football team FFS. If they want a young talented manager they should be going for Eddie Howe

I can’t be the only Gooner fuming at the thought of Arteta taking charge?!

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 15 May 2018 at 08:13 AM.
Old 15 May 2018, 10:44 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like Arteta is the chosen one
Old 15 May 2018, 03:23 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by urban
Sounds like Arteta is the chosen one
Pep has nothing but praise for him.

I'd be bloody frustrated as well tbh Anon, we've got a so called World Class manager and look at the dross he's churning out
Old 15 May 2018, 05:17 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

It's a joke when there are currently top top managers available that don't come along very often and instead they want to go with a nobody when the fans have already had enough of failure

There is one very obvious reason they want Arteta - it's because he is a yes man who they can bat down and stop him spending money. Any top manager comes in will rightly so want to wield the axe and make big changes. Instead we are just going to get more of what Wenger was doing So what was the point of getting rid of him?! Arteta will just me more of the same

The board are ******* idiots and hopefully the fans who wanted Wenger out as much as me will see it wasn't just him that needed to go and the next lot of banners need to be about Gazidis and the board going and a change of owner as Kroenke has never had any intention of making Arsenal a winning club.

How different it would be if Red and White Holdings were running the club All the time Dein was there we did well, ever since he was thrown out we have been utter **** and that is because Gazidis doesn't have a ******* clue how to run a football club and wants to spend as little as possible

p.s. if you haven't guessed I really despise that little ****** Gazidis

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 15 May 2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 16 May 2018, 12:06 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
If Arteta gets the managers job then I will stop supporting Arsenal
Any replacements in mind yet Or are you going to go down the non league route, having been watching my local non league team on and off for the past 6 years it's actually quite satisfying as well as being a hell of a lot cheaper !!
Old 16 May 2018, 12:23 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

I was also going to mention that according to some newspapers Arsenal are about to sign Papastathopoulos from Dortmund, I

Always find this kind of thing odd, you need to get a manager first of all surely
Old 16 May 2018, 12:56 PM
SouthWalesSam
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Carlo Ancelotti.
Old 16 May 2018, 03:04 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
Any replacements in mind yet Or are you going to go down the non league route, having been watching my local non league team on and off for the past 6 years it's actually quite satisfying as well as being a hell of a lot cheaper !!
Southampton is my local team Funkii but they have gone down the pan so badly since Poch left. However my youngest supports them and so going to a few games might be enjoyable. I will be interested to see what happens over the Summer with them.

I'm of the opinion now that Arsenal won't ever improve until Gazidis/Kroenke are no longer in charge of the club and so I may have to bide my time for quite a few years. If they put Arteta in charge I hope they get relegated as it will be just desserts for Gazidis and Kroenke.

It also looks like they've treated Vieira appallingly and he is a far better option than Arteta.

This all boils down to the structure at Arsenal that Gazidis has put in place and why top managers like Allegri have been put off - they have staff in place to do the player recruitment and it's not the managers choice which I find disgusting. They have :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ne-Wenger.html

It is this stupid hierarchy that has ruined the club and it's future in getting in top managers and players. Allegri doesn't want to work under such a structure and nor does any other top manager which is why they are going for the 'yes man' Arteta who will suck up everything Gazidis tells him to do. Arsenal have done this to stop wholesale changes being made by a manager and so the money can be controlled. As always with the current ownership it's all penny pinching and no desire to win anything. It's being run as a business and not a football club and profits are all that count, not trophies.

Arteta won't have any say in getting new players in it's all done by that lot in the link.

The club couldn't have been any more ruined since Dein went and Kroenke took ownership. I really have had enough that a life time's support has to end until I see these people no longer at the club I am so attached to.
Old 16 May 2018, 05:58 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

And there was me thinking you were in Kent for some reason, goes back to the B2Zero days.

Soton are about 40 mins from me but i like to watch Basingstoke Town, plus my neighbour 2 doors down is the manager again and his youngest plays in the same team as my youngest on a Sunday morning in the U7's.

I think you're spot on about K&G, BUT, it could be worse it could have been the ***** bros
Old 16 May 2018, 11:14 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

I don't know who you mean I'm in the forest down here so only 20 minutes into Southampton. Eastleigh for lower league stuff isn't far either so plenty to go and see with my boys as I never get upto the Emirates from down here.

We'll have to get over to the Rose Bowl for some cricket and a beer at some point then.

at least they spend money and bring in a top manager (even though you don't like him lol) we are going to be stuck with an ex player who was **** and with no managerial experience and a club that won't pay the money for top top players despite being one of the richest clubs in the World.
Old 22 May 2018, 12:17 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Well looks like I owe Arteta an apology for saying he was a ‘yes man’. He stood up to the board and said he wanted control over transfers. So they dropped him like a stone.

Emery is a ‘yes man’ so gone with him instead as he has worked under similar structures and won’t want to overhaul the team. I’m still happy to have him over Arteta as he has experience although I have little hope he will improve the team and I will maintain the best Manager free at the moment is Enrique and he should have got the job but once again the board show no ambition and just think about not spending any money

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 22 May 2018 at 12:19 AM.

Quick Reply: The 2015-2016 Arsenal Thread