That was utterly disgraceful
dont get me started mate
Old 27 February 2018, 09:23 AM
NotFromSomerset
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matty81

dont get me started mate
As a spurs fan I watched the final with a big smile on my face but was genuinely annoyed at how **** the players attitude was. Shambolic display
Old 27 February 2018, 11:26 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Agent Rodgers being lined up to succeed AW

Interesting choice....
Old 27 February 2018, 02:11 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I hope that's all nonsense rumours. We need someone experienced and an a World class manager not some cheap option I've read it could be anyone from Rodgers to Arteta ffs.
Old 04 March 2018, 08:06 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

After watching what was probably the worst performance i've seen Wenger still comes out with the same old ****. There is no end to this disaster. No other club in World football would put up with it yet Arsenal still stick with a manager who lost the plot 10 years ago and has taken the club to a point where any new manager is going to struggle to turn it around without major new signings and the majority of the current squad thrown away.

I just laughed today and wanted Brighton to win, there is no other way to get rid of Wenger than for every game to go against him until eventually there is just no other option than for him to go.

He thinks he can turn it around He is utterly delusional

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 04 March 2018 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05 March 2018, 12:33 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The owner(s) mustn't care though.
Old 05 March 2018, 12:47 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

No of course he doesn't it's Stan Kroenke, he is only in it to make money out the club, couldn't give a toss about actually winning anything. That's why we need Usmanov to buy him out as he is actually an Arsenal fan as well as being more rich than Abromovich.
Old 05 March 2018, 01:57 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
He thinks he can turn it around He is utterly delusional
There's a Paddy Power advert waiting to happen with this

That's the Spirit Clueless guy who's lost the plot and the team but thinks he can turn it around

Last edited by Funkii Munkii; 05 March 2018 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05 March 2018, 03:35 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Old 05 March 2018, 03:54 PM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...enger-12128901

All we need is a spanking from AC and he'll surely resign?
I want Terry Henry as his replacement 100%.

If they get this guy I will be very disappointed:
Old 05 March 2018, 04:17 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

He won't resign, nothing on Earth is going to make him resign he is incapable of realising what he is doing to the club and the fans.
Old 06 March 2018, 09:06 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AbbasSTI
I want Terry Henry as his replacement 100%.
He's got no experience though, and would he even want the role given the current state of things
Old 06 March 2018, 10:00 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

He's currently assistant manager of the Belgium team working with Martinez so obviously it's a direction he wants to go in. He has said he would take over from Wenger given the chance but although i'm a huge fan of his I want to see a World class manager come in who is experienced in the Premiership and above all knows how to sort out the defence. **** me right now i'd have George Graham back because if anyone had an Arsenal defence sorted it was that bloke!

The problem is the Arsenal board, it's them who are going to screw this up as they don't want a big name manager who isn't going to take their **** they want a yes man like Wenger who will not make demands for money and transfers and all that will mean is staying in the same **** position we are in now.

It's not just Wenger that needs to go it's the absolute w4nkers on the Arsenal board who aren't interested in winning anything but just want to make money out the club with as little investment in the squad as possible. What those morons won't ever realise is they are just wasting money on cheap options - £50m on Lacazette and £60m on Auba and so £110m on 2 strikers that aren't good enough. You don't get a World class striker for £60m now, if you want World class it's going to cost you £100m+ if they are that good. Neymar changed everything £60m now is cheap and if they are cheap it's because no one else is bidding for them and they aren't all that! They should have spent that £110m on one World class striker but they just won't do it Look at the joke offer they made for Suarez, they should have offered £80m at the time and gone and got him not the insulting offer they made and lost out on him. The idiots on the board are worse for the club than Wenger is.

I need to join the AST and get to that meeting on Sunday and have my say

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 06 March 2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06 March 2018, 10:39 AM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
He's got no experience though, and would he even want the role given the current state of things
He'd take the job, but I don't think he's fully qualified yet in terms of badges. But in the summer maybe.

He's currently assistant manager of the Belgium team working with Martinez so obviously it's a direction he wants to go in. He has said he would take over from Wenger given the chance but although i'm a huge fan of his I want to see a World class manager come in who is experienced in the Premiership and above all knows how to sort out the defence. **** me right now i'd have George Graham back because if anyone had an Arsenal defence sorted it was that bloke!

The problem is the Arsenal board, it's them who are going to screw this up as they don't want a big name manager who isn't going to take their **** they want a yes man like Wenger who will not make demands for money and transfers and all that will mean is staying in the same **** position we are in now.

It's not just Wenger that needs to go it's the absolute w4nkers on the Arsenal board who aren't interested in winning anything but just want to make money out the club with as little investment in the squad as possible. What those morons won't ever realise is they are just wasting money on cheap options - £50m on Lacazette and £60m on Auba and so £110m on 2 strikers that aren't good enough. You don't get a World class striker for £60m now, if you want World class it's going to cost you £100m+ if they are that good. Neymar changed everything £60m now is cheap and if they are cheap it's because no one else is bidding for them and they aren't all that! They should have spent that £110m on one World class striker but they just won't do it Look at the joke offer they made for Suarez, they should have offered £80m at the time and gone and got him not the insulting offer they made and lost out on him. The idiots on the board are worse for the club than Wenger is.

I need to join the AST and get to that meeting on Sunday and have my say
Auba and Lacazette are good enough, Atletico wanted Laca and they don't usually go after bad strikers. Auba has one of the best goals/game ratios of any striker around. The problems are all management IMO. I'm sure any other manager would do much better than Arsene, maybe not win everything but still much better.
Old 06 March 2018, 11:05 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

I might be being unfair to Auba in particular but i'm not so keen on Lacazette. A key for me is if anyone else is in the market for who we go after and in each case we got them without bidding wars and that tends to say if no one else is interested at the price they aren't good value.

Real Madrid were at one time all over wanting to sign Auba but had no interest in him for a while and so they had good reason to drop their interest.

I would love to be proven wrong and for a new manager to come in and get the best out of Auba and the rest of the squad but before that can happen the defence needs a complete overhaul and as has been said for years a world class holding midfielder needs to be signed. That is the key position in any team in my view and we have struggled ever since Vieira left as we have not had anyone to fill his position. We sort that out we will improve dramatically. Wenger could have saved his own skin with that one signing but all he ever goes after is attacking midfielders and he just doesn't learn. If he bought a replacement for Vieira his job wouldn't be on the line.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 06 March 2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06 March 2018, 01:11 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

If he bought a replacement for Vieira his job wouldn't be on the line.
Pretty much spot on, they've never been the same since Vieira and Silva left, 2 seasons prior Bergkamp left so in the space of three seasons the majority of your spine had been removed and never replaced imho
Old 06 March 2018, 06:49 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

And that Funkii is what I was harping on about back as far as 2008 when I said this was the way things were going to go as Wenger never replaced the World class players we had as they left.

Just look at the team of 2004 (please exclude Pascal Cygan though ) and compare it with our line up now, it's laughable what he has let the team become.
Old 07 March 2018, 12:10 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

And that Funkii is what I was harping on about back as far as 2008 when I said this was the way things were going to go as Wenger never replaced the World class players we had as they left.

Just look at the team of 2004 (please exclude Pascal Cygan though ) and compare it with our line up now, it's laughable what he has let the team become.
Cygan would walk into this team

Maybe there is an exit for Wenger now after PSG blew up again in the CL
Old 07 March 2018, 01:13 PM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii

i actually think that we have good players but they are completely mismanaged.

If the rumours are true that Wenger doesn’t do any kind of defending in training then their lies the problem.

wenger is out of touch with the modern game, the longer he stays the more problems we will have.
Old 07 March 2018, 04:46 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Let's face it he couldn't do any worse than Mustafi right now!

I hope PSG make him an offer he can't refuse!
Old 08 March 2018, 10:22 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

That result tonight was the worst thing that could have happened as Wenger will now use that to say how he is turning it around

No Milan played badly, one of the worst defensive performances from an Italian team i've seen and was more like our defensive level. We should have been 4-0 at half time but the finishing as usual was woeful. I will give Ramsey credit though, the first time from me his goal was very well taken.
Old 20 April 2018, 10:00 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Happy now chaps ?

Old 20 April 2018, 10:02 AM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

OMFG!!! I couldn’t be happier!!!

will be be a difficult transition but it was time for a change
Old 20 April 2018, 10:50 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

It depends who they are bringing in! If it's an ex Arsenal player i'll be ******* fuming as we need someone with World class managerial experience to change this team and bring it back from the brink.

I am really hoping it's Enrique and then I will be full of hope! If it's Vieira we are fcuked.

If it's Arteta there will be a large explosion on the south coast where I internally combust with rage

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 20 April 2018 at 10:53 AM.
Old 20 April 2018, 10:59 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Rafa or Rodgers ?
Old 20 April 2018, 11:05 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Shut up!

Old 20 April 2018, 11:07 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Apparently Enrique's wage demands will price him out of the job so we really are doomed as they go for a cut price nobody

It's the board who need to ******* go as much as Wenger if not more
Old 20 April 2018, 11:15 AM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

No manager except guardiola should price us out as Wenger was on £10 mill a season. I’d like allegri and some young with lots of ideas to bring the team forward.
Old 20 April 2018, 01:50 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Thomas Tuchel

About the same height, a bit weird like Wenger and plays attractive football.

For your sakes I hope you don't end up in the same spiral as us with a pr1ck for a manager.

BTW

C5 Mon 10:00pm The Feud Ferguson vs Wenger

The Halcyon days of the Prem imho

Should be a good watch, Pizzagate, The Nevs kicking the crap out of Reyes at Old T to end that run, never the same player after that, didn't he cry off back to Spain
Old 20 April 2018, 03:30 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Thomas Tuchel

About the same height, a bit weird like Wenger and plays attractive football.

For your sakes I hope you don't end up in the same spiral as us with a pr1ck for a manager.

BTW

C5 Mon 10:00pm The Feud Ferguson vs Wenger

The Halcyon days of the Prem imho

Should be a good watch, Pizzagate, The Nevs kicking the crap out of Reyes at Old T to end that run, never the same player after that, didn't he cry off back to Spain
It's the days I aspire Arsenal to get back to its when I was most excited about football.

The Wenger Ferguson thing has been rumoured to be all a bit of a charade as they are supposed to be reasonably good friends and shared plenty of bottles of wine together with a lot of mutual respect for each other.

Thanks for the info will watch it

Quick Reply: The 2015-2016 Arsenal Thread