Notices
Sport General sport discussion

The 2015-2016 Arsenal Thread

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2018, 02:50 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

All confirmed - took them long enough FFS when everyone else had already leaked it was a done deal with Emery himself even mistakenly announcing it Tuesday night on his website TBH my only thought was thank **** it's not Arteta so hardly excitement at the announcement.

What does everyone else think of the appointment? I'm not expecting much if £50m is all that is going to be available to spend this Summer, that's not even one decent player in today's market so what the **** does Gazidis expect for £50m?! Much of the same useless performances next season. I'll be only too happy to be proven wrong!

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 23 May 2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 23 May 2018, 10:44 PM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
All confirmed - took them long enough FFS when everyone else had already leaked it was a done deal with Emery himself even mistakenly announcing it Tuesday night on his website TBH my only thought was thank **** it's not Arteta so hardly excitement at the announcement.

What does everyone else think of the appointment? I'm not expecting much if £50m is all that is going to be available to spend this Summer, that's not even one decent player in today's market so what the **** does Gazidis expect for £50m?! Much of the same useless performances next season. I'll be only too happy to be proven wrong!
I'm very happy. Just hope we can shift some of the players who aren't good enough. Happy to hear he wants to build around Ramsey and Auba. We need a good keeper more than anything else.
Sven Minislat knows what he's doing so look forward to some signings ASAP
Old 24 May 2018, 12:56 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Do you agree with the structure then? I am very much old school and believe the manager should have the team he wants and choose the players. I am not happy we have Minislat selecting new signings or any of the other interfering positions Gazidis has installed. Do you see Utd or City telling Jose or Pep they have no say in who they sign?!
Old 24 May 2018, 01:01 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Gazidis:

Old 25 May 2018, 11:40 PM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

Do you agree with the structure then? I am very much old school and believe the manager should have the team he wants and choose the players. I am not happy we have Minislat selecting new signings or any of the other interfering positions Gazidis has installed. Do you see Utd or City telling Jose or Pep they have no say in who they sign?!
Structure looks good to me. All successful people in the same roles at different clubs. I think the manager still has a veto over signings he doesn't want. He needs time and support,
New GK
Bellerin Holding Mavraponas? Kolasinac
Maitland-Niles Xhaka
Mkhi Ramsey . Dembele from Barca
PEA/Laca

That's a strong team in my opinion and good enough to get into the top four/win EL if they are coached into a hard working team.
Old 26 May 2018, 12:11 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

I think you are wrong with the signings, they have made it clear it's a head coach role and not a managers role and the signings are purely done by the roles Gazidis has put in place such as Minislat. Arteta wanted involvement with signings and they told him no so he dropped out the running.

Well I definitely disagree with Holding, M-N and Xhaka being good enough. M-N will be given time but is too young and inexperienced currently. Holding is shockingly bad and Xhaka was way too expensive for how poor he has been. We still have no players to come close to filling the partnership of Vieira and Gilberto. No combination has worked so far, the closest he got was with Elneny and Coquelin and then they let Coquelin go

We certainly need a new GK and 2 x centre backs and a defensive midfielder. We have a stack of attacking midfielders so I don't want to see any more of those signed unless some existing ones are sold off.

The front 5 I have no problems with it's the back 6 that are the issue when we used to have the strongest defence in the league. Something Wenger neglected massively over the last 8+ years and we have seriously paid for it. Just think back to the defenders and defensive midfielders we have had and then what we have now. It's shocking.

Adams/Bould/Dixon/Winterburn/Lauren/Cole/Sagna/Clichy/Keown/Toure/Campbell/Vermaelen/Vieira/Petit/Gilberto - every one of those was World class at their peak. Not one of our current crop of defenders or defensive midfielders is anywhere near being World class, in fact I would say they would struggle to get into many of the top half of the Premiership teams. The only one that has been in the last few years is Koscielny but even he has now had his time and is nowhere near the player he was.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 26 May 2018 at 12:26 AM.
Old 31 May 2018, 01:08 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Wenger to Real Madrid?! Surely not
Old 11 July 2018, 12:12 PM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

Leno, Lichtsteiner, Papastathopoulos, Torreira & Guendouzi in, now we need some of the deadwood to be sold and happy days
Old 11 July 2018, 01:14 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Will be interesting to see if they make any difference as none are big name signings and all got on the cheap in today's market.

Torreira is probably the one i'm most happy about as at last we have a defensive midfielder who is strong and with international experience in a decent team.

Who would you like to see sold?
Old 11 July 2018, 05:10 PM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

Will be interesting to see if they make any difference as none are big name signings and all got on the cheap in today's market.

Torreira is probably the one i'm most happy about as at last we have a defensive midfielder who is strong and with international experience in a decent team.

Who would you like to see sold?
Iwobi & Welbeck mainly. Ospina is nearly gone already. When fit again Koscielny needs to go. Mustafi if we get a decent offer but I think he loves it arsenal.
Ozil also but nobody would pay him what we are so I think we're stuck with him. It'd be great if he proves me wrong but I'm sick of his softness and acting so emotional all the time.
Old 11 July 2018, 05:38 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AbbasSTI
Iwobi & Welbeck mainly. Ospina is nearly gone already. When fit again Koscielny needs to go. Mustafi if we get a decent offer but I think he loves it arsenal.
Ozil also but nobody would pay him what we are so I think we're stuck with him. It'd be great if he proves me wrong but I'm sick of his softness and acting so emotional all the time.
I agree but also think Holding/Chambers and Jenkinson are not good enough and should not be at the club.

Perez's future also needs sorting. Wenger never gave him a chance so why he was signed I will never know. It's like Podolski, I rated him highly but Wenger would never play him and if he did he played him out of position Podolski should have had a much better career at Arsenal and should have been played at centre forward not out on the left
Old 24 July 2018, 11:30 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

https://news.sky.com/story/russian-b...-says-11446839

if he sells that's it we are truly fcuked with Kroenke owning the club outright.
Old 12 August 2018, 11:39 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Well that was a vast improvement today
Old 13 August 2018, 07:17 AM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

It was the 1st competitive game of the season so you can’t really look much into it as of yet!
Old 13 August 2018, 10:34 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

The fact is that their business in the transfer window was woeful and it will be another season of ****.
Old 23 August 2018, 08:01 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

The fact is that their business in the transfer window was woeful and it will be another season of ****.
Hard to argue with that.

The new boy clearly has a lot to do - give him a year and see what happens - Can't be any worse than the last 5 years of Wenger !
Old 23 August 2018, 08:55 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

I agree it can’t but they really needed 2 world class centre backs to replace the utter **** they have now. Lichsteiner was just a freebie and is well past his prime so was a pointless signing. The only decent signing was the Uruguayan but he is young and needs to be playing with decent players around him so he will suffer playing in front of our back four.

With such a joke of a Summer transfer window it shows exactly why those 3 in charge of transfers and contracts were brought in, to spend as little money as possible and be Gazidis’ yes men. I’d like to see a table of club expenditure over the Summer as there can’t be many who spent less than us.

With Usmanov throwing the towel in and Kroenke owning 100% of the club it is going to continue to be utter **** for years to come.
Old 23 August 2018, 09:43 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

I agree it can’t but they really needed 2 world class centre backs to replace the utter **** they have now. Lichsteiner was just a freebie and is well past his prime so was a pointless signing. The only decent signing was the Uruguayan but he is young and needs to be playing with decent players around him so he will suffer playing in front of our back four.

With such a joke of a Summer transfer window it shows exactly why those 3 in charge of transfers and contracts were brought in, to spend as little money as possible and be Gazidis’ yes men. I’d like to see a table of club expenditure over the Summer as there can’t be many who spent less than us.

With Usmanov throwing the towel in and Kroenke owning 100% of the club it is going to continue to be utter **** for years to come.
Mid table mediocrity - co-incidence !!!

Old 23 August 2018, 11:53 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Quite! Lol we had the same net spend as Brighton Even Wolves spent more than us.
Old 18 September 2018, 03:59 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Cool

Gazidis has gone https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-na...an-heads-italy
Old 29 November 2019, 12:47 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Thank **** for this mornings news. Needs to be either Poch, Allegri or Ancelotti and we all know the board will never pay their wages and it will be the cheap option of someone **** and a 'yes man' who the board can control