Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

B&Bs in Chelmsford?

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2000, 09:26 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

There's an SIDC Driving Course in Chelmsford this weekend, which I'll be attending. But it starts at 9am and I don't fancy getting up at 6am to come up from Brighton. If my bivouac at a friend's in Southend falls through, can anyone suggest a cheap and cheerful place to stay nearby? What have other people done in the past? Or can I just drive through the streets of picterskew villages in Essex looking for Vacancy signs?

BJH
Old 15 May 2000, 09:36 PM
Jo Peters
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Brendan

Don't know if this helps but I was on the course at the end of March/beg. of April - we left home at 6.30am the first week and got there about 1 hr early!! The second week we left at 7.30. We came up from nr. Petersfield (Hants) and travelled on the A3 then M25. It doesn't actually take as long as you'd think - I would think you may even be closer than we were. The M25 was actually quite empty on both Saturdays.

One of the guys on our course came from St. Helens nr. Liverpool and he drove down on the day both weeks !!!!

Good luck with the course. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. It was very informative and Dick Grimes is a really "great bloke". The second week is even better when you get to go on the skid pan - a real blast.... er I mean, I really learned a lot

Jo

Silver MY95 WRX