View Single Post
Old 21 August 2014, 09:20 AM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jonc
Westminster have only denied what Alex Salmond assumed he would be able to get as part of Scotland's independence. Scotland was never on the radar for many south of the border until the campaign for independence, nothing like to what it is now and Alex Salmond has driven a great wedge between Scotland and rUK relations.
I suspect Dunk means since way before the referendum was even on the radar.

But not living in Scotland you wouldn't understand that, instead you hypothisise based on what you *think* is the case.

The fact that, in your own words, "Scotland was never on the radar for many south of the border" pretty much sums up all that is wrong with the English.

I see it professionally al the time. As an example, educated, highly qualified individuals working in banking, accountancy and law, who are not even aware that Scotland has its own completely separate legal system.

At least now Scotland very much is on the Radar for the English and that should only be a good thing in the long term, whatever the outcome.

I was thinking about the opinions of those in England in the event of a no vote. If there is a big push from Boris and the rest to try and take away devolved powers, or make changes in some petty retaliation for a referendum on indepndence (seriously, are English people so insecure??) then all that will happen is that Scottish people's resolve to be indepent will be stronger.

Last edited by Devildog; 21 August 2014 at 09:29 AM.