Notices

Cobra 3198 Car Alarm installation instructions

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2011, 05:40 PM
Green Scooby Steve
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobra 3198 Car Alarm installation instructions

I have a Cobra 3198 alarm that was fitted to my '97 Impreza when I bought it second hand a few year's ago.
The central locking used to work from the alarm remote but after the car has been stood for a year or so without the battery fitted it no longer operates the central locking.

The solonoid fitted in the drivers door was sticking which I have now resolved. I have powered it through a 21w bulb directly at the door and it operates ok. I have powered it at the plug into the alarm module (orange wire and purple wire) with it unplugged and the solonoid still operates fine. With the alarm plugged in there is no feed to the solonoid, I have tested this with a 5w bulb and with a multi meter straight at the plug on the alarm and I get nothing on either.
The rest of the alarm seems to work fine so I'm hoping that something need's to be reset in the system to tell it to operate the central locking. I have the user manual but it doesn't mention it in there so I was hoping it may be covered in the initial installation in the installation manual which sadly I haven't got.
If anyone has the installation instructions or any other help I'd really appreciate it.
Old 22 February 2011, 08:47 PM
steve nic
Scooby Regular

there will be a fuse or 2 for the cdl either 2x 7.5 amp or 1 15 amp,well there should be!
Old 22 February 2011, 09:09 PM
Green Scooby Steve
Scooby Newbie

The rest of the central locking works fine if you manually lock/unlock the driver's door with the key or the button inside the interior handle.
The alarm should power the extra solenoid fitted to the drivers door but there's no feed to it.