Notices

Sigma Car Alarms - Questions/problems

Old 07 November 2006, 07:06 PM
greenpug
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigma Car Alarms - Questions/problems

Hi guys.

My name is Constantinos and i come from Cyprus. Here Scoobies are all over the place

I have a Peugeot 106 Gti 2001 year of registration that was imported last year from UK. The car came with a Sigma Car alarm.

I have the remote control which locks / unlocks the car and sets the alarm on automatically. Before you start the engine you also have to press it once - something like an immobilizer and the engine will start only if the led on the dashboard will light.

Lately i have had some problems with the starting of the car as the led will not lit easily. Sometimes it can take 2-3 tries and some other more.

I have searched for its type but with no luck.
Anyone can let me know where to look for the code of the alarm ie the model?
I was also given the code for the alarm on a piece of paper and have a sigma keypad on the windscreen but never used this.

Can someone help me with the problem above and maybe give me a link for a manual or something.

Furthermore i located some remote controls in ebay same as mine.
Will i be able to make them work on my car?

Thanks a lot for any answers
Old 07 November 2006, 11:02 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

From the desription of the immobiliser operation it sounds like the model you have is the Sigma M30 - you can confirm this by checking the keypad. It should have a * and # button in addition to the numbers if the alarm is an M-series.

With this sytem, it is only necessary to press the button on the remote to start the engine if a period of 30 seconds has elapsed since the vehicle was unlocked. Within 30 seconds of unlocking the vehicle the LED remains lit and the vehicle can be started with no further action.

The keypad can be used as an overide and a full programming tool.
You can use the 4-digit code you were given to disarm the stystem/immobiliser by entering this number into the keypad.
The keypad can also be used to program new remotes into the system - ensure that any remotes you intend to purchase have the round battery cover (AC38) other Sigma remote controls will not operate this system.

If you can send me a personal message with your e-mail address I shall send you a copy of the Operating Instructions.

With regard to the intermitent problem that you are having, first check that the keypad is operating - pressing a digit should illuminate the LED built into the keypad. If this is not illuminating the keypad may be disconnected and as this plug also contains the aerial, this could be the cause of the problem.
If all is well with the keypad, then new batteries are the next items to try although I would expect you to have noticed a reduction in operating range before experiencing problems. Finally, if the problem still occurs it could be due to "Radio Lock-out" caused by radio interference (see my other posts) especially as I expect your M30 could be pre 2001 If this is the case the keypad should get you out of problems, but if this is a regular occurence you may wish to consider a later (2001-) alarm control unit.

SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 07 November 2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08 November 2006, 05:37 AM
greenpug
Scooby Newbie

Thanks a lot for the info mate.

To tell you the truth i do not use the remote control to lock and unlock the car, i use the factory key. Therefore every time i get in the car i need to press the button otherwise it will not start. Also noticed that if you turn off the car you can start it again within a small period during which the led is lit.

However this way the alarm is not in full operation so i might change this. I have pmed you my email adress so looking forward to some operating instructions.

in the mean time i will check what you said about the keypad.
I believe i have a photo of it saved on the pc

Name:  Picture032.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  68.8 KB
Old 09 November 2006, 04:39 PM
greenpug
Scooby Newbie

Ian thanks for the info emailed they are very helpfull.

I tried the code and it does work. The keypad is handy alternative.

tried arming and disarming the car with the remote control and all are working fine so i will go with that way.

Cheers.
Old 15 December 2006, 03:38 PM
HotRod
Scooby Regular

I have a Sigma system (presumably M30) on my MY2000 Impreza and have been encountering radio interference on an increasing number of occasions when parked near phone aerials etc.

I am in the Southampton area of Hampshire, can Sigma Sam or anyone else recommend a reliable place to supply/fit a later model alarm control unit?

Cheers
Simon
Old 15 December 2006, 05:03 PM
"OE Alarm" Sam
BANNED

Hi Simon,

Do a searth for "Radio Lock-Out" for a full explanation of this in my previous posts under "Sigma Sam", unless you can still access "Sigma Sam"s previous posts directly.

The later ECU that you need is only now available from Subaru dealers (part number SACC 3465 and will be IRO £70) - local Sigma dealers will only be able to acquire the S-Series models which are not interchangeable and superceeded the M30 some years ago in the aftermarket.

If the problem only occurs occasionally then getting to grips with the PIN overide is your most cost effective option, but if it is a regular occurance then the the convenience may be worth the £70.

SS

Last edited by "OE Alarm" Sam; 18 December 2006 at 09:29 AM.
Old 18 December 2006, 03:07 PM
HotRod
Scooby Regular

Sigma Sam - thanks a lot, I found the old thread and reprogrammed my PIN code.

Unless I'm doing it wrong the only problem I have found is that I have to be in the car to arm the system with the PIN, so the movement sensors set the alarm off and you have to be quick to disarm with the PIN before you get nabbed for nicking the car / annoy neighbours etc!

My Scoob was a Dutch import which I got retro-fitted with the Sigma M30 once back home - will a Subaru dealer still be able to switch the ECU?

Cheers
Simon
Old 20 December 2006, 12:04 PM
"OE Alarm" Sam
BANNED

I suspect that a Subaru dealer is your only source for a later M30 ECU (under the SACC3465 part number)
The unit is exactly the same, so the dealer should have no problems programming etc, but may be a little reluctant as its not a Subaru UK install. They may need reminding that you are buying the replacement part from them!

SS
Old 14 January 2017, 06:10 PM
Justas Klemas
Scooby Newbie

Hi i have same problem as you with my sigma alarm system.maybe u can advise my what i suposed to do? I cant start my car
Old 14 January 2017, 06:12 PM
Justas Klemas
Scooby Newbie

Please can u help me with sigma alarm system i have same problem like guy before write i cant start my car
Old 04 March 2017, 01:35 PM
Dsc1983
Scooby Regular

Default subaru antenna fault p1570

subaru antenna fault p1570 hi can any one help with this it's I put a uk spec antenna on a jdm car
Old 04 March 2017, 03:03 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

You do know that the OEM Immobiliser has nothing to do with the Sigma alarm ??

It is accessed via the ECU using SSM.

Unfortunately as with a lot of your previous posts they lack information (model info and model year for starters)

for example.....
MY04 UK blobeye WRX/STi immobiliser antenna part number 88215AE010
MY04 JDM blobeye WRX/STi immobiliser antenna part number 88215SA000

FYi AFAIK part number 88215SA000 IS fitted to MY06/07 UK Hawks and 06/07 Foresters

Last edited by Don Clark; 21 January 2020 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04 March 2017, 04:01 PM
Dsc1983
Scooby Regular

Default My 04 jdm sti

Originally Posted by Don Clark
You do know that the OEM Immobiliser has nothing to do with the Sigma alarm ??

It is accessed via the ECU using SSM.

Unfortunately as with a lot of your previous posts they lack information (model info and model year for starters)

for example.....
MY04 UK blobeye WRX/STi immobiliser antenna part number 88215AE010
MY04 JDM blobeye WRX/STi immobiliser antenna part number 88215SA000

FYi AFAIK part number 88215SA000 IS fitted to MY06/07 UK Hawks and 06/07 Foresters
hi thanks for reply I'm not sure how to use the site as there is no demo when I signed up now here's the problem I'm getting the code p1570 "faulty antenna"comes up I'm not getting a pulse on injectors and no spark on cool packs
Old 04 March 2017, 04:38 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dsc1983
hi thanks for reply I'm not sure how to use the site as there is no demo when I signed up now here's the problem I'm getting the code p1570 "faulty antenna"comes up I'm not getting a pulse on injectors and no spark on cool packs

Probably because your ECU is still imobilised due to no signal.

Still no car info
Old 04 March 2017, 05:15 PM
Dsc1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Don Clark
Probably because your ECU is still imobilised due to no signal.

Still no car info
hi sorry it's a my 04 jdm sti impreza 2.2 block and it's not running avcs heads but the ecu is telling the computer it's got an antenna problem but Ive been told they only did immobilised on the later 05 blob checked pick up points on the back of pulies and it's fine unles there is a difference between new age jdm and uk pulies which might explained the no spark bet I thought it would spark but run or not run so I'm led to believe it's immobilised
Old 28 March 2017, 01:51 PM
fitandfrantic
Scooby Newbie

Default I need help

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
From the desription of the immobiliser operation it sounds like the model you have is the Sigma M30 - you can confirm this by checking the keypad. It should have a * and # button in addition to the numbers if the alarm is an M-series.

With this sytem, it is only necessary to press the button on the remote to start the engine if a period of 30 seconds has elapsed since the vehicle was unlocked. Within 30 seconds of unlocking the vehicle the LED remains lit and the vehicle can be started with no further action.

The keypad can be used as an overide and a full programming tool.
You can use the 4-digit code you were given to disarm the stystem/immobiliser by entering this number into the keypad.
The keypad can also be used to program new remotes into the system - ensure that any remotes you intend to purchase have the round battery cover (AC38) other Sigma remote controls will not operate this system.

If you can send me a personal message with your e-mail address I shall send you a copy of the Operating Instructions.

With regard to the intermitent problem that you are having, first check that the keypad is operating - pressing a digit should illuminate the LED built into the keypad. If this is not illuminating the keypad may be disconnected and as this plug also contains the aerial, this could be the cause of the problem.
If all is well with the keypad, then new batteries are the next items to try although I would expect you to have noticed a reduction in operating range before experiencing problems. Finally, if the problem still occurs it could be due to "Radio Lock-out" caused by radio interference (see my other posts) especially as I expect your M30 could be pre 2001 If this is the case the keypad should get you out of problems, but if this is a regular occurence you may wish to consider a later (2001-) alarm control unit.

SS
Hello There.

I do apologise if I am disturbing you.
I have a BMW E36 320i.
I have the AC38 control keypad and the numeric and * and #.
May I trouble you for the process of reprogramming the internal keypad please.
i think you stated it was the M30.
I did have it the programming on a slip of paper but seem to have mislaid it.

The reason I have to do this is because the windscreen was changed and the guy
who did the job cut through my sonic sensors as well as my mic on my Handsfree HCB 700.

Now my siren does not work also.

He was hopeless.

I hope you are in good health and thank you in advance.

Regards

Trevor Cornell

trevorcornell@hotmail.com

Last edited by fitandfrantic; 28 March 2017 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Email address
Old 30 March 2017, 10:33 AM
BB70
Scooby Newbie

Default M30

Hi guys..
Please help me..please wiring diagram for Sigma M30 main plug..
Thanks from Hungary
beksib@gmail.com
Old 02 January 2018, 03:39 PM
Mizzi
Scooby Newbie

Hi, I'm Massimiliano from Rome (Italy).

I bought a 1995 Astro Van Chevrolet with alarm sigma one button and keypad. Everything works very well but you do not know the pin. Can you help me find a solution for reset the PIN and program a new remote control?
Thank you. In Italy this product is not known unfortunately.

Regards
Max
Old 06 January 2018, 03:05 PM
TimCooksCock
Scooby Newbie

I have a 08 Legacy SpecB saloon, having a mare with this sigma alarm.

I ended up getting recovered from Holyhead to Southampton as it would not open the door on the ferry or disarm the alarm. Now the car looks to be stuck in immobilise state and i cannot disarm it - no keys work (fresh batteries inserted) also the keypad does not seem to work correctly (if flashes multiple times per button press but only in when key is in ACC, when no key inserted or in first turn nothing happens), I am not sure if i have the right pin code but the pad doesnt seem to be doing anything.

is there a factory reset code for the keypad or anything? was working fine until this.
Old 21 January 2020, 03:28 PM
jamkath11
Scooby Newbie

Default Sigma issues: Key won’t start the car on my 07 Hawkeye wagon

hello, my Subaru has been off the road for two years and I have recently got it back running, I have programmed the keys back into the car so they unlock the central locking but when locking the car it continues to beep until I unlock it again. Furthermore, the key won’t start the car either. I currently have to turn the key then bypass it to start, any ideas on a fix ?

james
Old 22 January 2020, 06:29 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

continues to beep - sounds as if one of the door/bonnet/boot switches isn't "breaking" properly
I currently have to turn the key then bypass it to start, any ideas on a fix ? - sounds as if you are leaving more than 30secs between unlocking and starting.(auto re-alarm)
If it won't start try repressing the key button whilst ignition is on and thenrotate key to start position.

Not certain when Subaru moved from the M30 to the S series alarms but always worth having a copy
M30 alarm manual pdf attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Sigma_M30_Manual.pdf (117.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Don Clark; 18 November 2022 at 05:49 PM.