Notices

01 wrx alarm

Old 21 July 2021, 12:25 PM
Hd1966
Scooby Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 01 wrx alarm

Hi , anybody South Wales area that’s good with programming fobs , only the sigma fob works on my alarm had the key checked and it sends a signal but isn’t connected to the car , I seen the post about re- programming , but I’m not technically minded, would also like the code for the key pad , just incase thanks
Old 21 July 2021, 03:58 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

How many buttons on the key??

The code for the key pad, unless you have a note of it, will need to be reset as per in your other thread
https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-a...ye-keypad.html
Old 21 July 2021, 04:21 PM
Hd1966
Scooby Newbie

Default 01 wrx alarm

Two buttons marked open and lock, I’ve seen the thread for the keypad my worry is I’ll **** it up and can’t start the car
Old 21 July 2021, 04:32 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

The key having two buttons means it's not used any more for locking/unlocking the doors and the battery can be removed.
I believe the single button key with the in built sigma pcb was introduced with MY03 vehicles. Before that two sigma fobs were used.
If the key pad is in good condition and working, changing the PIN is fairly straight forward.

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.
- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.
Old 21 July 2021, 05:21 PM
Hd1966
Scooby Newbie

Default 01 wrx alarm

Yea I’ve got a black oblong fob with a blue insert with Subaru on it, mpt 1340 on the back