Notices

New aftermarket keys supplied cut and coded.

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2022, 08:49 PM
immotec
Scooby Newbie

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New aftermarket keys supplied cut and coded.

Hi, I thought I'd post as so many messages lately regarding replacement keys. Admin please message if this is not allowed and we can discuss advertising terms.

I am an auto locksmith with all the correct tools and insurance to carry out the services I am offering.

I currently offer two main brands of aftermarket remote keys. My keys have more buttons, but the remote will lock and unlock as per the old remote, and some buttons may remain unused. I can cut and copy the immobiliser chip in your key by post. Usually the remote learning proceedure is mechanical and relies on having a keypad or working remote, or two white plugs under the kick panels.

I am currently charging £114inc vat for this service including return postage for forum members.

The main things to note before using my service, it relies on you having a working remote key or known pin code. You are advised to send any keys special delivery. You are advised to supply a return address other than where the car is kept if possible ( to prevent accusations and wrong doings). There is also a possibility of the key I make not working as I have no car to test it on, but rest assured my failure rate is low and I'd always put it right at my cost.

I'll try to add a generic photo of some keys available, not all are suitable so please check before hand. Any of you using my services please feel free to add your own photos.

Currently I am unable to source oem remotes or cases.

Should you be in a situation where you have no keys/snapped or broken keys, I still may be able to help or recomend a local locksmith who can visit you, just drop me a message.

Thanks Tom

The following 3 users liked this post by immotec:
Old 29 January 2022, 09:47 PM
Runnerman
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure how I'd go about getting a new key/fob as I need to drive the car.....

I've a 2006 WRX with no keypad and two original Subaru single button key fobs.

One key fob will operate the door locks/immobiliser but has a dodgy blade (which still starts the car)
One key fob is in good nick, has a new CR1620 battery but won't unlock the car. It will start the engine if I use the first key fob to unlock.

How do I sync the good fob to the car so I can drive the car and then send the dodgy one to you for replacement please Tom?
Old 29 January 2022, 09:56 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Runnerman

One key fob will operate the door locks/immobiliser but has a dodgy blade (which still starts the car)
One key fob is in good nick, has a new CR1620 battery but won't unlock the car. It will start the engine if I use the first key fob to unlock.

How do I sync the good fob to the car so I can drive the car and then send the dodgy one to you for replacement please Tom?
i think you gotta send both keys first class signed for recorded delivery...he will then work his magic so both keys work fine 👍
Old 29 January 2022, 10:01 PM
immotec
Scooby Newbie

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Runnerman

I can cut and copy immo from the fob that isn't unlocking, and test it while I have it here. If you have no keypad you should have 2 single wired white plugs under the kick panel.

copied this proceedure previously posted on here by @rob84 and used it myself .

Drivers door fully open,

No keys in the ignition.

Connect the white connector first in the kick panel.

Then with the door open press and hold the rear part of the button on the door panel. Keep hold of it DO NOT LET GO.

Then double press the unlock button on your key then the lock button on your key, then switch to a 2nd key and do the same.

YOU MAY RELEASE THE BUTTON ON THE DOOR And unplug the white connector
Old 09 February 2022, 05:26 PM
EddyLau
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tom I have a working JDM two buttons key fob( for a 2006 Impreza WRX sti ) would like to have an extra key fob made. Can you help?
cheers Eddy
Old 09 February 2022, 06:08 PM
ted bass
Scooby Regular

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

Tom is certainly a lot cheaper option then getting one from a main dealer, i made that mistake yrs ago when i needed another key (had no spare with the car) cost of a new key plus them wanting the car for an hour to program key cost over 300 quid