Notices

Sigma S30 help

Old 11 January 2018, 12:49 AM
TimCooksCock
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigma S30 help

Guys,

So my M30 is damaged and I have a S30 in my 08 Saloon - can anyone point me towards a wiring diagram, specifically the ACC pin out? (wire o/p 6 is used for the headlight programming which i would like along with whatever pin is used for the boot release on saloon models)

anyone?
Old 11 January 2018, 10:03 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

We seem to be talking 08 Spec B Legacy saloon here

What wiring diagram are you after??? one for the alarm unit outputs or a vehicle wiring diagram ??

Vehicle wiring diagram - push button start or not??
Old 11 January 2018, 01:40 PM
TimCooksCock
Scooby Newbie

Hello,

I would like the Accessory pin out on the S30 I would like to do 3 things since this alarm seems more feature rich than the previous M30

1 get boot release working on a hold down on disarming (single button key fob)
2 get headlight program working so they light up on arm and disarm (is this depending on sensing it's actually dark?) I already seen the programme code to get this from sigma Sam but need to know how to wire a relay to a headlight switch/fuse
3 find a -ve trigger to wire another relay to the mirrors so they fold in/out on arming and unlocking.

Is all that even possible?

Thanks.
Old 11 January 2018, 01:40 PM
TimCooksCock
Scooby Newbie

Yes, it's a 2008 spec b saloon.
Old 11 January 2018, 01:46 PM
Smithys STI
Scooby Regular

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by TimCooksCock
Guys,

So my M30 is damaged and I have a S30 in my 08 Saloon - can anyone point me towards a wiring diagram, specifically the ACC pin out? (wire o/p 6 is used for the headlight programming which i would like along with whatever pin is used for the boot release on saloon models)

anyone?
You can buy an S30 upgrade kit from subaru to convert the M30 to S30....easy to fit aswell.
Old 11 January 2018, 01:56 PM
TimCooksCock
Scooby Newbie

Conversion done, it's the three things called above I would like to do. Subaru have it installed.
Old 11 January 2018, 02:14 PM
Smithys STI
Scooby Regular

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Conversion done, it's the three things called above I would like to do. Subaru have it installed.
Ah sorry mate I misread the post!
Old 11 January 2018, 05:38 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Accessory Wire 4 Function -
(only when “Hold Down” operation selected)
*0 = Total Open/Boot Release. A negative output is provided on Acc. Wire 4 only
whilst TX button 1 remains held on disarming after 3 seconds, up to a maximum
of 26seconds (Total Open Time *122 will not affect the output time)
*1 = Remote Engine Start/Stop. Configures system to work with a remote start/
stop unit, provides an on/off output, sensor deletion & immobilisation by-pass
NB: Only S30 & 34 models.
Old 12 January 2018, 12:35 AM
TimCooksCock
Scooby Newbie

Hi Don

Can you break this down a bit?! I have an email from Scorpion on getting the boot release going (code plus some additional wiring called out) -
for the folding mirror trick I need a output that is mirrored to the central locking as such, so that when its armed and disarmed the mirrors will fold in and out via a relay, can I use wire 4 for this?

I dont know what to do to get the headlight programming going and might forget this unless its easy mod? is there a dusk sensor involved?

cheers
Old 12 January 2018, 08:40 PM
TimCooksCock
Scooby Newbie

Hi Dom

can you elaborate on that again in more detail? does the headlight program function always activate the lights or is a dusk sensor involved?

cheers
Old 12 January 2018, 11:02 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Hi Don
can you elaborate on that again in more detail? does the headlight program function always activate the lights or is a dusk sensor involved?
cheers
You wanted to know which accessory wire was used for boot release, which I have supplied.
Beyond the information below you would be advised to speak with a Toad/Sigma alarm installer.

*Total Open/Boot Release or Remote Engine Start/Stop – Acc 4 Operation Selection (*006)
If the Acc 4 wire is connected, this feature can be used to open the vehicle’s windows/sunroof, operate a boot
release solenoid or a Remote Engine Start/Stop Unit. Total Open/Boot Release output can be programmed to
operate in a number of ways:
a) “Timed” (default setting)
This method of operation is not ideal for most applications as it always attempts to open the vehicle’s
windows/sunroof or boot every time the system is disarmed. If Total Open/Boot Release has been
programmed to operate for a “Timed” period, then opening of the vehicle’s windows/sunroof or boot will
always occur on disarming for the timed period. This timed period is adjustable up to a maximum of 99
seconds. This feature may not be available on certain vehicles and may require additional labour, relays or
units.
Note: The Panic Mode/Siren Test feature is still available from Button 1 of the Radio Key when
“Timed” operation is selected.
b) “Hold Down”
If the Acc 4 wire has been programmed to operate on “Hold Down”, then the Total Open/Boot Release or
Remote Engine Start/Stop – Acc 4 Function Selection must be set (see below)
Note: If you choose this “Hold Down” operation then the Panic Mode/Siren Test feature will no
longer be available from Button 1 of the Radio Key.
*not available on the S32 model. On S4 models Acc 4 wire is not fitted as a dedicated Total Open output,
however Acc 2 wire (the aux. siren/pager output) can alternatively be configured to act as Acc 4 (*016) and
the output can also be adjusted in the same way, as detailed above.

*Total Open/Boot Release or Remote Engine Start/Stop – Acc 4 Function Selection (*007)
If the Acc 4 wire is connected, and the above Operation Selection set to “Hold Down”, one of two functions can be
performed:
a) Total Open/Boot Release (default setting)
Opening of the vehicle’s windows/sunroof or boot can be performed only when required. In such instances,
instead of giving Button 1 of the Radio Key a brief press to disarm the security system, press and hold
down Button 1 until the windows/sunroof are fully open or the boot opens (maximum 26 seconds).
Releasing Button 1 of the Radio Key at anytime during window/sunroof open stops the windows/sunroof
from moving any further. This feature may not be available on certain vehicles and may require additional
labour, relays or units.
b) Remote Engine Start/Stop
When the system is fully armed, all sensors can be disabled, the engine immobilisation overridden and a 1
second output can be generated on the Acc 4 wire, to switch a remote start unit, by pressing Button 2 then
Button 1 and holding both simultaneously. This will be confirmed with one flash from the vehicle’s hazard
lights.
Pressing Button 2 then Button 1 and holding both simultaneously again, once the engine has been started,
re-activates the engine immobiliser, stopping the engine and reactivates the sensors. This will be
confirmed with two flashes from the vehicle’s hazard lights.
The vehicle remains locked and the alarm armed throughout, providing perimeter protection. Should the
alarm be triggered the engine immobiliser will immediately activate, stopping the engine. If the system is
disarmed whilst the engine is running a 1 second output will automatically be generated on the Acc 4 wire,
to switch the remote start unit off.

Note: With this feature selected it is not possible to have Total Open/Boot Release and the Panic
Mode/Siren Test feature will only operate from Button 2 of the Radio Key. The 2nd stage Unlock feature is
not affected by any of the above and will continue to work
*not available on S4 or S32 models

I assumed you already knew the following from your first post
*Headlamp Illumination – Acc 6 (*014)
If the Acc 6 wire is connected, this feature provides a low current negative output to switch a relay which can
illuminate the vehicle’s headlamps for a pre-set time (the Headlamp Illumination Time; 30 seconds at default) when
the security system is “actively” armed/and disarmed (armed only at default) to illuminate your way from the
vehicle. If required the headlamps can also illuminate for the same period when disarming; in this instance
switching the vehicle’s ignition on will also extinguish the headlamps. Headlamp illumination does not occur when
Auto-Arming or Rearming.
This feature may not be available on certain vehicles and may require additional labour, relays or units.
*not available on S4 models
Old 13 January 2018, 08:07 PM
TimCooksCock
Scooby Newbie

I tried this procedure I got from Scorpion

1. Arm then disarm the alarm.

2. Type *17856*006*1# Note you will hear a tone after the *17856 has been typed and after each press of the # key.

3. This will switch boot release on.

I looked at my installation Subaru carried out and this is whats wired up

Interior Total closure output • not connected
Boot release op = negative armed or boot release output
Armed negative output • not connected
Total closure or interior lamp disarm • not connected

usiung the code above, nothing happens. The wiring looks to be in place.

is the armed negative output @ -12V (or need programming)? If so i can use this to drive a relay to activate the mirrors folding on arming.

Output 6 is not wired so how can I tap into this for the headlight feature?

thanks for the help