Notices

Eaglesham Subaru Garage Review

Old 24 October 2009, 01:04 PM
h4afy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eaglesham Subaru Garage Review

Hi I have just joined Scoobynet thought i would say hi and also share my recent experience Subaru Eaglesham Garage.

Watch out for this garage not sure how they got there franchise but i have just spent 4 weeks going back and forward getting passing from pillar to post, my STI was returned to me in a worse condition it went in, to top it up they scratched it, left bolts hanging out of the engine, completely emptied the fuel tank out, i have had 4 courtesy cars it has went back 5 times to them i was accused of putting oil into the coolant bottle, given the wrong information, best of all they let a unsafe car out of the garage where it has a unburnt fuel smell coming into the cabin due to them not tightening up pipes properly and lack of workmanship which is dangerous having 2 kids in the car, i spent days driving about with the windows open so i took it back on the recomendation of head office when i turned up they were not interested in fixing the problem i finally had to take the keys and walk out i managed to get a technician out through subaru assistance who advised the garage had left jubilee clips loose and also had a rubber pipe under the intercooler half on and half off, we thought the problem was fixed but the next day the fuel smell appeared again so he advised to take the car to halleys who couldnt smell anything i now have to drive the car with either the vents off or air recirculating so the fuel smell doesnt get into the cabin, i had my own mechanic to take a look at it and he thinks eaglesham garage may have fractured a fuel pipe in the process of when the head gasket was getting replaced he has advised he should be able to fix the issue but it will probably make the warranty nil and void.
I now await on Adrian Hogg from head office to see what they are going to do to fix the problem.

Thought i would share it.
One thing i did do was make a surprise visit to eaglesham garage to find the car was just parked outside with no work being done i wonder how much the warranty company got charged for this previlage, i have since decided to write to headoffice and have given them 7 days to come back with a resolution or will leave no option but to contact trading standards and the papers, Luckily in my work i have a studying lawyer who has been doing some research on my behalf and has discovered Eaglesham garage has been in a similar situation before.
Old 24 October 2009, 01:48 PM
JohnnyR6
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about your probs. Eaglesham did my timing belt and i had no probs with them then. In fact i have had no probs with them at all except, failing to diagnose a faulty maf giving me hesitation on accelerating, ordering in the wrong parts even with a chasisi number and telling me my import had the wrong engine as it had a red manifold and my car was a 4 door. lol.

If your looking fo someone good and your in glasgow you need to travel a bit. go to hypertech or steve whitson although they are not subaru dealers. Halleys is prob one of the better one along with the one in falkirk (cant remember the name).

You will get more info and help on sidc, scottish scoobies as more guys on there have newer cars. I do allmy own work so havn't much experience with garages.

Johnny
Old 24 October 2009, 08:20 PM
h4afy
Scooby Newbie

Hi JohnnyR6

Thanx for your reply this will help to see exactly how many people have had a bad experience as i may be in contact with Trading Standards i just want to make sure no one else gets treated the way i did.

Thanx
Old 24 October 2009, 08:41 PM
evil_scoobs
Scooby Regular

Maybe a stupid question but is this a garage in East Kilbride? I didnt realise there was a subaru garage up here.
Old 24 October 2009, 08:44 PM
JohnnyR6
Scooby Regular

Not far from east kilbride m8
Old 24 October 2009, 08:46 PM
h4afy
Scooby Newbie

Hi evil_scoobs

Eaglesham Subaru is just outside East Kilbride probably the same one you are thinking of.
Old 25 October 2009, 11:51 AM
JohnnyR6
Scooby Regular

One other thing i forgot to mention is if you suspect a fractured fuel line be very careful, i personally would not drive the car till fixed as if it goes it could spill fuel onto the exhaust and go up in flames (seen it happen twice with a subaru).

Don't want to scare you but you should get it sorted.

Johnny
Old 25 October 2009, 03:43 PM
h4afy
Scooby Newbie

Em Ok!

I will park in my garage till headoffice contact me which will probably be the best thing to do.
Old 26 October 2009, 10:30 AM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

Never have a bad word to say about Eaglesham garage, bought both my subarus from their new and also get them to do the stuff I can't and NEVER had a problem with them, great bunch of guys and all long term scooby mechanics. Its the only Subaru garage I would trust my car with.

RR
Old 26 October 2009, 08:32 PM
h4afy
Scooby Newbie

Hi RR

Thats what i was advised by a friend too which is why i sent the car there i was surprised when the issues started then they said they couldnt do anything clearley after the fault was caused by the rebuild.
Old 27 October 2009, 11:21 PM
MCRAE2009
Scooby Newbie

I have been following this story and i am very disappointed in the review as eaglesham are spot on with all my cars from my very first scooby to my latest one which i am in the middle of decicing the model and it will be getting from them as they have the most experience when it comes to subarus. I recently had my service done only two weeks ago and the knowledge there from the new parts guy to the salesman is far superior to any of the other dealers in the area. So i dont know what garage you have been going to but it cant have been eaglesham.

Rice rocket is spot on.

Facts speak volumes but a few in your review are unfounded cause i have looked on the other owners site and not found any complaints about eaglesham.

H4afy being a studying lawyer is all good and well but even lawyers need hard facts to back claims.
Old 28 October 2009, 09:01 AM
h4afy
Scooby Newbie

Hi MCRAE2009

As i explained in my previous post one of the reasons i took the car to Eaglesham was because i heard alot of good things about the garage, I have posted what the facts of the experience i faced when using the garage, i came on to share it and maybe get help to get the issue resolved, i have not came to say that eaglesham garage is bad i amy have just experienced a one off but that still dosent resolve my issue, also i am not a studying lawyer someone in my work is who is just giving me advise.

The garage i have being going to is on Gilmour Street in Eaglesham which is currently going renovation work, as far as i am aware its the only Subaru Garage in the area they also deal with Ssangyang cars too.

Lastly i am not here to dispute what has happened to me and the facts as Subaru assistance have all the facts in black and white, and i would like to reitirate i am here to share my experience and get advise, hope you undertsand.

Thanx
Old 28 October 2009, 07:59 PM
MCRAE2009
Scooby Newbie

I have been on the net all day looking at eaglesham garage reviews and all the bad ones have been posted by yourself and jonnyr6.

I am disappointed that you are posting this experience when your posts on other sites are not matching up a fractured fuel pipe would have been spotted by eaglesham in the rebuild and on the road tests. I am positive that the garage would not release the car if they could find a further fault. It says in one of your posts that you had a non subaru tech look at the car. i would have left the car at the garage and took the tech there to at least look at the car along with eaglesham then you have something to go with to subaru but you removed the car from the garage and took it away, so how can you prove the car had a fault if you took it away and brought it back with no problem found again ? Eaglesham are a excellent garage with years of experience so i am sure they would not put your family danger with an unsafe car.

I am not anything to do with the garage in anyway apart from i have been a customer for a number of years. I just do not like people unfairly slating other people when the guys have tried to fix the problems for you. The scratches and dents are where on the car ? because they use mats to cover the wings and grill when they were working on my car. A surprise visit to the garage to see the car sitting outside is a bad thing ? maybe you should have also put what you where told by the service manager or tech on why it was outside ? the car might have come back from a road test or might have been about to go out on one ? it could have been a sitting to let the engine cool down to see if there were any problems ? there are lots of what if's in your case. Instead of posting this review maybe you should have sat down with the garage and spoke to them first instead of taking the car away and posting comments on here and threats. All the dealers are in contact with each other and if there is a problem i am sure they will phone eaglesham to ask what work was done. So i think you have made a fundamental error on your part by slating them. I do understand where you are coming from but its between you and the garage not the others on here. I think you should go back and have a chat with the garage because you have different facts in each post in the ones i have found on the net.
Old 28 October 2009, 10:46 PM
h4afy
Scooby Newbie

Hi MCRAE2009

Going back to post #12 above (Lastly i am not here to dispute what has happened to me and the facts as Subaru assistance have all the facts in black and white, and i would like to reitirate i am here to share my experience and get advise, hope you undertsand.)

I have not submitted my review to be judged by yourself at the same time i am not here to judge anyone else, you seem to bring up things for example my stories arent matching up with other reviews ,not sure why i need to answer to you but i will explain.
You will see the reveiws are posted at different times at the time when they were placed i put the info i had this post is slightly more detailed as it was the last one i posted, Once again i am not here to tell you or anyone what to do, i have the freedom to express my experience which is all i have done, At the end the day we are all humans we can make mistake they happen no one is perfect which is probably what has happened in this case, I just want to get my car back the way handed it in without the issue.
Can you please review my original post again it states this is what has happened to me i have tried to resolve the issues by sitting and talking to the people concerned also as you can appretiate people have busy life styles they cant drop there every day life for the drop of a hat, when i went to collect the car each time i had to drive from city centre Glasgow to Eaglesham and back again all within 1 hour which has probably been a mistake on my part but again i put faith and trust that everything was rectified, any how i just want to highlight again i posted my reveiw to share what i went through NOT to judge anyone or to get quizzed on the facts.

Thanx

Last edited by h4afy; 28 October 2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 29 October 2009, 07:59 PM
MCRAE2009
Scooby Newbie

I have studied all the post very closely and i do understand what is being put across. You have posted a review to damage the reputaion of the staff at eaglesham garage when you clearly didnt follow the corrrect channels or the correct way to have the matter resolved.

Mr Hogg i am sure is trying to be very helpful but threats of newspapers being involved and trading standards being involved in the matter are totally uncalled for and maybe these posts where put up in frustration. The review you have put on qype is not fair either, Eaglesham have got the franchise through merit and experience nothing more and nothing less they are not a big dealership and have a close knit staff who are excellent at there jobs, i am sure if you had a customer do something like this to you that you would feel very strongly about this due because it is a an attack on what they do for a living and they pride themselves on the little things that make the difference from bigger dealerships like halleys, ian grieves and s+s services. I can easliy spend the whole day up there due to the fact of how friendly and helpful they all are. I had a problem with my daughters car to do with the central locking on her car and the young parts guy said hold on i will call the workshop guy i know at citroen and see if its a common thing. 10 mins later he came back explained what to do and i went home done it for her and problem solved. The garage is in now like the way your are putting it across and i am only ever there to get my car serviced. You are free to your opinion but i also feel that it is unfair to post comments when the people on the other side of the fence can not give there side of the story due to they have to stay proffesional about the matter, Which speaks volumes for them in the best possible way because they are not being dragged in to a war of words over this matter which from everything been posted could have been resolved with some proper comunication with the garage.
Old 29 October 2009, 11:23 PM
scoobyseller555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MCRAE2009
I have studied all the post very closely and i do understand what is being put across. You have posted a review to damage the reputaion of the staff at eaglesham garage when you clearly didnt follow the corrrect channels or the correct way to have the matter resolved.

Mr Hogg i am sure is trying to be very helpful but threats of newspapers being involved and trading standards being involved in the matter are totally uncalled for and maybe these posts where put up in frustration. The review you have put on qype is not fair either, Eaglesham have got the franchise through merit and experience nothing more and nothing less they are not a big dealership and have a close knit staff who are excellent at there jobs, i am sure if you had a customer do something like this to you that you would feel very strongly about this due because it is a an attack on what they do for a living and they pride themselves on the little things that make the difference from bigger dealerships like halleys, ian grieves and s+s services. I can easliy spend the whole day up there due to the fact of how friendly and helpful they all are. I had a problem with my daughters car to do with the central locking on her car and the young parts guy said hold on i will call the workshop guy i know at citroen and see if its a common thing. 10 mins later he came back explained what to do and i went home done it for her and problem solved. The garage is in now like the way your are putting it across and i am only ever there to get my car serviced. You are free to your opinion but i also feel that it is unfair to post comments when the people on the other side of the fence can not give there side of the story due to they have to stay proffesional about the matter, Which speaks volumes for them in the best possible way because they are not being dragged in to a war of words over this matter which from everything been posted could have been resolved with some proper comunication with the garage.

That my friend is why we are one of the top dealerships in Britain,we have staff with over 25 years experience,i myself have just bought my 14th impreza and have owned and driven them since 94,we pride ourselves on the things we do,as,like Eaglesham we are a family run business and no different from them.We have Fraser Anderson as a consultant for us,who himself was the number 1 dealer for Subaru in Britain for many years.RANT OVER,have you ever had dealings with any of us??don't bring us into your discussion and portray us as being inferior.Thanx

Gav@Grieves

Last edited by scoobyseller555; 29 October 2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 30 October 2009, 11:28 AM
h4afy
Scooby Newbie

Hi MCRAE2009

I seem to be going in circles with you, may i kindly as you not to put any further posts on my thread, due to the fact i am here to point out what happened to ME i am not here to slag anyone off or to be judged.

Thank-you in advance
Old 30 October 2009, 11:32 AM
h4afy
Scooby Newbie

Hi

Just a quick update on whats happening Subaru headoffice have arranged collection and are getting the car looked at again, there has been alot of posts above including judgements etc, suppose once the car comes back it will explain all which i will update in time.

Thanx
Old 30 October 2009, 05:34 PM
scoobyseller555
Scooby Regular

glad you got resolution m8,hope all goes well.
Old 30 October 2009, 10:28 PM
h4afy
Scooby Newbie

Thanx scoobyseller555, lets hope so.
Old 31 October 2009, 01:09 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

IMO if someone has had a bad experiance he is well entitled to post his point of view across to make others aware and or even a posible safety issue.

I have never used Eaglesham and many of the other garages on here but reputations can be won and lost on a single thing which is why its important if you have a problem that you should post up as much detail as possible.

This is a regular occurance on SN and their is always 2 sides to every story. maybe Mr Mcrae2009 WILL point this thead out to Eaglesham motors to enable them to respond.

As for slating people Mr Mcrae2009 you seem to be doing a fair bit of that yourself, just because you have great Rapport and service with the garage does not mean they are perfect.

Just my tuppence worth.

Mac
Old 31 October 2009, 07:15 PM
h4afy
Scooby Newbie

Hi

Thanx bluenosewrx, when i originally put this thread on i copied in the garage in order for them to put there side of the story accross to.

I hope they do as this would give me peace of mind to, along with others who are looking at this thread i also advised if it is found to be incorrect i will remove it which i stand by.

Thanx
Old 31 October 2009, 08:26 PM
ScottishRayman
Scooby Regular

Good and bad reports are always welcome on the site as it is then up to others to decide if they wish to use that info. no point in us just hearing the good stories all the time as defeats the purpose of 'sharing your experience'.

The one in Falkirk that someone referred to may be Ian Grieve? If so, this is the place I use and IMHO they are very good and one that I would certainly recommend .......... in my experience.
Old 31 October 2009, 09:31 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after reading all these comments i find it gd that ppl should get there points across and ppl NOT involved shouldnt slag or make stupid comments against ppl because its got f##k all to do with them,
how many ppl complain about arnold clark,theres a website against them!!!
not everyone can be happy in life so let ppl say there problems without bein slated .its good to get all info gd and bad into the open to let the potential customer choose as no matter where u go in life **** happens
rant over lol
Old 02 November 2009, 05:14 PM
l555dvy
Scooby Newbie

its always nice to read a good report, but if anybody has a bad experience with a garage i think its only fair to let others know, dosent mean your slatting them, this is the kinda info we should be sharing good or bad
Old 02 November 2009, 05:31 PM
h4afy
Scooby Newbie

Hi

Posting an update on my situation with my STI i received the car back on Friday from Halleys, they advised they couldnt smell anything and the car is safe to drive so i took it away by the time i got to the garage which was around 5:50pm due to heavy traffic there was only the sales staff at hand, anyhow started driving up the road and thought the smell had dissapeared till i stopped at a set off lights soon as i drove off the smell reappeared i drove straight and put it in my garage till today, I called head office and spoke to Adrian Hogg who advised to take the car back to Halleys, so i called and spoke to the service department in Halleys to book it in, soon as said my name the lady asked were advised about the oil leak i said no were from, she then advised there mechanics couldnt smell anything or find any leaks but they advised the Rocker cover was leaking oil due to the work which was carried out previously, Who completed the work? (Eaglesham), she said i will need to take the car back to them as they will not be paid for this job, so i contacted Eaglesham garage, who advised to contact Subaru assistance to get the car recovered and will organize me a courtesy car so i have did this and the car has gone back to them, yet in my previous post above Ross at Eaglesham said they have done everything they can, anyway in the process i contacted Headoffice again stating i wasnt happy, he advised we will need to wait and see what the garage find, and that it will be Eaglesham who will sort the issue (Washing there hands effectively) i have since got off the phone and reported it to the trading standards, who have advised to give them 1 last chance to rectify the problem and compensate for the inconvienance, also that i was protected under the (supply of goods act consumer 1982 under scottish common law) means i have a case.

Can someone advise whether i should now contact my solicitor or give them another opportunity to rectify the faults.
Old 09 December 2009, 02:43 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

I went there once, when i first got my car. Never went back again. Nuff said.
Old 09 December 2009, 09:39 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

When I had my Scooby I used to get it serviced with Eaglesham. It went in for some warranty work and a service and I asked them to change a bulb. They charged me the minimum labour charge of £15 to £20 quid to change the bulb. This was a good few years ago but I did not go back. The other thing that pissed me off was the courtesy car. It was a disgusting red Cleo that was filthy.
Old 24 July 2018, 08:05 PM
Paul Fox
Scooby Newbie

Default Bad experience

Had a very bad experience with Eaglesham garage, had a diesel forester and the intercooler pipe burst, I had Subaru assistance and the car was under warranty so I took the car to Eaglesham garage for the warranty work to get done.
The DPF light was on because of the boost leak and would need the pipe replaced then a DPF Re-gen.
Eaglesham garage decided to skip fixing the boost leak and jump straight to DPF Re-gen. you don’t need to be a mechanic to know that this is the wrong order to do things. So after plugging the car to the laptop and trying to perform a DPF Re-gen and it failing to work the wizard mechanic decides to keep the car plugged in and take it for a drive to try a forced re-gen. (if you are in familiar with a DPF re-gen when the car is plugged in the car fast idles at 4000rpm constant) so bearing this in mind the car is fast idling at 4000rpm and the mechanic it taking it for a drive , slipping and burning out the clutch every gear change. So I will fast forward to the point where the garage call me and tell me the clutch is burnt out and needs replaced at the cost of £2800 and I am to fit he bill. On contacting Subaru uk the technicians agreed with me that the process was done wrong and the garage was at fault. Eaglesham garage would not fix the car in the end and wanted me to pay for the failed DPF re-gens. I ended up having to get the car recovered from Eaglesham as it could not be driven at all. In the end I got a non Subaru garage to do the work for me supplying all the parts, clutch duel mas flywheel and intercooler pipe and fitting it for under £700. What pissed me off the most was that my car was immaculate inside and out and when I went to get the car recovered from Eagleshan it was like it was used to plough a field, was minging inside and out. Bunch of cowboys.