Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

What are the plans, times, etc, John?
Old 25 April 2000, 05:00 PM
JohnS

Smile

Cameron,

the info packs were sent out last night, but as you are no longer taking part (and your place was allocated to someone on the reserve list), you wouldn't have received one.

Basically turn up between 4:45 and 5:15 for the signing in, followed by the drivers briefing at 5:30. Track open at 6 (or slightly before if we can dispense with the formalities earlier), and the skid pan will also be available from 6pm as well.

The prize draw will take place after the track closes at 8pm, either in the restaurant (if we can get it to remain open), or the viewing area above the helmet store, probably about 8:15 - 8:30ish.

After that it's back into Edinburgh for beers and a curry (or other food).

Passenger laps will start at about 6:15pm after the cars have done their warm up sessions.

Unfortunately Falkland Performance Centre won't have their race prepared Impreza ready in time, so they are taking along their 3 door Cosworth instead, and will be giving passenger laps in that, with all proceeds going to charity

Knockhill are doing the same with a couple of Westfields, driven by instructors

Well worth the money at £10 for a few laps I think
Old 25 April 2000, 10:48 PM
simon james
Scooby Regular

Where are we meeting in Edinburgh ?????

What Boozer---->curryhouse----->next boozer ???

Is there an "event Hotel" in E'bro ???

Or a prize for the driver eating the hottest curry ???

Old 26 April 2000, 12:02 AM
leaskc
Scooby Regular

nice to see you taking a break from your busy filming schedule to answer BBS posts, john
Old 26 April 2000, 12:23 AM
Dark
Scooby Regular

It seems my insurance company, Privilege, will cover the track day at no extra charge (see post in general discussions) however Privilege seem to tell different people a different story!
Old 26 April 2000, 09:21 AM
Dark
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi John

Received the info pack this morning, very informative, thanks!
Am I right in thinking that two drivers can share one car?
See you on Friday.
Old 26 April 2000, 11:21 AM
JohnS

Yes,

you can have as many people driving your car as you like for no extra cost. You can even get them insured for only an extra £4 if you use the track cover through Egger Lawson.

See you all there on Friday.

Old 26 April 2000, 07:15 PM
CharlesW
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I spoke to Eggar Lawson today about track insurance. They have increased the premium from £30 to £35 for the event.
Old 29 April 2000, 03:41 PM
Ken Ross
Scooby Regular

Talking

Some snaps can be found at :-
Old 29 April 2000, 11:20 PM
Greg Small
Scooby Regular

Came up for a look but was very late ariving. When will the next one be beld and how do you go about getting track time? Quite fancy a go but the hot hatch days are too scary.
I Dont fancy a SRI up my derrierr at the hairpin much...

PS. Where did all the 22B`s come from?????
Old 30 April 2000, 08:49 AM
simon james
Scooby Regular

I have uploaded some piccies to the iwoc
files area....
Old 01 May 2000, 11:55 AM
JohnS

Talking

Well I'd just like to thank everyone who came along on Friday night for making it such a successful evening.

I've just added up all the cash and cheques, and we raised a total of 2139 pounds for Children 1st, taking in 1357 pounds on the night, and the rest by prize draw tickets sales by mail order and from colleagues at work. My employer has agreed to match pound for pound the money raised at the event, meaning a total of 4278 pounds will go to a very worthy cause from our fun activities on the night.

Behaviour on the track was superb, and I believe we only had one person spin off during the whole event, closing the track for a mere 5 minutes during the two hours. Everyone I spoke to, said that that the track didn't appear to be busy at any time, and it was almost like they had the track to themselves for most of the time they were out.

The passenger laps in exchange for donations to charity proved a tremendous success, and I'm sure this will be repeated at future events run by the SIDC.

Duke Video were there during the evening, and did quite a bit of filming, including in-car footage from Colin Tinto's 22B, and we can look forward to it appearing on an Impreza video later this year. I think Bruce from Duke said that he would be returning to Knockhill for our next event in July

The prize draw was very successful (especially for the Lotus Elise owners who sat in the corner and seemed to win every 2nd or 3rd prize, especially if your name is N Rossi - Mind you, they did contribute almost 1/3 of all prize draw ticket sales, and I just hope they wear those Subaru T shirts and baseball caps with pride

Quite a few people from the IWOC and I-Chat mailing lists have also won prizes, and I'll be contacting you individually later today to tell you what your prize is, and I'll either get the supplier to send it out to you directly, or I'll post it out myself.

Knockhill said that we had such a high turn out of good cars and people, that they donated the money raised from passenger laps in the Westfield to the charity fund as well

Cameron Leask had a huge smile on his face, having driven the Delfino Feroce (