Notices
ScoobyShop / ScoobyNetPlus Discussions relating to ScoobyShop and the ScoobyNetPlus Membership

Review of SN Usage

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2005, 10:41 PM
nyscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Review of SN Usage

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

After checking out the NASIOC vendor area, i'd like to ask the questions.

1. How many people buy from the SN shops on a regular basis? or even go look as a first option for buying new parts.

2. After seeing how the lads above do it, where users and vendors can communicate closer and more directly, is it not a good idea to update the SN online shopping set up.

I'd personally feel more inclined to buy from the nasioc vendor areas than SN shop.

This is not meant as an insult to SN staff or its vendors, but maybe a POLL could be started to see if this might be a better option.

Positive discussion welcome.
Old 24 February 2005, 01:07 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on where you live. If I lived in the USA, I'd use a US vendor, if in the UK a US vendor may be too much hassle.
Old 24 February 2005, 02:45 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neil,
I think the point was about the setup, rather than inviting all the US vendors onto SNet
Ie, why cant we have specific areas whereby a closer link between vendors and consumers can be left to its own devices.
The vendors could be charged for the privilidge in a similar way to scoobyshop, but maybe it wont be as lame
Old 24 February 2005, 07:45 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

At the moment Scoobyshop is a FREE service for the majority of it's vendor's. But as an added benefit to the SNPLUS members we stipulate a minimum of 5% discount on all products, should they be to a SNPLUS member.

We are of course always looking at new ways of integrating vendor advertising and "closer links" with the community. We are about (over the next few weeks) looking at launching (as part of a bigger and better paying vendors package) a specific area on the forum were Authorised Advertisers can post commercially in a "no holds barred" way. Unfortunately I am unable to be more specific about this as we are still in the final stages of production.

But can I make it quite clear that this will certainly not replace Scoobyshop or try to force it to the background, as without doubt we have many members who have purchased goods from Scoobyshop and have been very pleased with the service and prices from the vendors. The shop itself has gone from strength to strength and the feedback has always been very positive, whether that be from the buyers or the vendors.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 24 February 2005, 10:11 PM
nyscooby
Scooby Regular

Thanks to the lads for first reviewing this message of mine without blasting.

Shaun, i agree, not to rid the place of the SN shop. Just to make the vendors more accessible via what you may have seen the nasioc forum.

I was looking for bodykit stuff earlier this week, and wouldn't have looked at the SN shop for the parts. The US forum gives more data and more links to usable vendor info for buyers who dont know what the heck they want...... just like me.

Your admin staff would surely make sure no one abuses the system.