ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Later Blobeye climate etc controls in to earlier Blob

Old 14 July 2013, 10:23 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Later Blobeye climate etc controls in to earlier Blob

Morning chaps.

Wasn't sure whether to stick this in interior or electric, so failed on both and spammed this here.

To add to the fails, a quick search brought nothing up when I looked at least.

The blob that I recently bought is currently in various bits at Subaru4You while they fix various leaks, fix the power, raise the suspension etc and put it back together to their and my satisfaction. While all that is going I have been plotting & scheming.

The blob came with a load of that fake carbon skin stuff all over the place and I am not a fan, but I have no idea what I am going to find underneath it all if I get shot of it, the various trim panels could all be scratched to buggery.

Before & after shots of the current dash area are here - https://www.scoobynet.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=20

I have seen various later blobs (guessing 2005 on) that have a revised Climate Control system/gear surround assembly. I have my doubts but worth asking, can the later control panel & surround trim/gear surround be plonked straight in, plonked in with modifications, or is it a total no-go?

Thanks,

Nick
Old 14 July 2013, 10:27 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plugs straight in mate.
You need a few brackets from the facelift dash and the handbrake but it bolts straight in and the electrical stuff is plug and play.
only issue is the mirror switch is in door card on facelift cars so a hole is required on new console or new door cards and some rewiring.
Old 14 July 2013, 12:34 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I did this mod to my old 03 wrx but I fitted the later door cards as well and routed the mirror switch to correct later one in door panel, other than stereo brackets and a small bracket near heater vents, handbrake and all console and centre dash parts it was easy, everything electrical just connected with same plugs. It really is a good mod as it updates the interior and gives a fresh look.
Old 14 July 2013, 06:33 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys, sounds easy enough