Old 03 March 2013, 03:27 PM
ash_martin_87
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercooler water spray not working blobeye sti

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that intercooler water spray isn't working

There is a little bit of water in the tank but it also looks a bit dirty

When I press the button you can hear the motor working (buzzing noise) like it used to but for some reason the intercooler still remains bone dry

Any ideas what this could be and how to fix? My dad said he can have a look this afternoon but I wanted to have a few ideas before we start stripping the boot!

Any help/advice will be much appreciated

Thanks
Ash
Old 03 March 2013, 03:52 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

If you can hear the motor working then it is more than likely a blocked jet, if you have use of an airline blow it through the hose and see If any crap comes out, also if your water is dirty take the tank out and clean it, whilst your there pull the pump out and drop it in to a bowl of water with a fresh short bit of pipe and see if the pump is actually working, some times you will hear them work but the pump is dead and can't pull the water through even tho you can hear it working away, either way should be an easy repair.

If it still dont work then check the pipe aint split anywhere that runs through the car as it may be leaking under the covers if you have no joy with the above first.
Old 03 March 2013, 04:49 PM
andy00v7
Scooby Regular

Jets blocked . Take the jets out off the bonnet and Stick I big needle up the main hole and blow though them . They are always getting blocked , I check mine every week to see if they are spraying properly on the intercooler .
Andy
Old 03 March 2013, 04:53 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

As the water is dirty sounds like the inlet to the pump could be blocked with crap. Take the bottle out and give it a clean.