ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

losing my son please help

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2012, 08:03 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by samuelellis
We did all we could to try and get people parked together but we just started running out of space and had to put people where we could
You all did a cracking job.....
Old 08 September 2012, 08:05 PM
David Gwynfryn Jones
Scooby Newbie

Hi, first post on here.

Just wanted to say that today restores a bit of faith in humanity.
You know everyone was there because they cared. We did a 7 hour round trip and so glad we did.

The organisation was fantastic and want to thank those who gave up undoubtedly large chunks of their lives this week to make it happen.
I'd love to know what was raised on the day if it could be posted at some point, I'm guessing it may take a while to count it all though!

The organisation was brilliant. We stood at the entrance leading up to 1pm and had a giggle at the sight in both directions of queues of cars congesting a small town, all for Connor, bloody brilliant!
The inevitable busy period was cleared fairly quickly and it was pretty overwhelming to see so many people there. The range of cars was fantastic and I hope everyone ventured to the nooks and crannies of all the car parks, there were some right gems!

Connors day 2013?

Thanks all

Dave
Old 08 September 2012, 08:08 PM
David Gwynfryn Jones
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by madman-Adam
great day out. thanks to all for being patient while we tried to sort out parking. we had a lot less room than anticipated. there were a few worries when we got there and found lorries in situ and carparks closed off to us.
but we managed to pull it off and hopefully everybody got parked up somewhere and had a walk around.
Brilliant job done by all
Old 08 September 2012, 08:09 PM
toneh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GAZ2293
Missed you today Emma? Then again it was a very busy turnout.

I'll second that was a great event given the circumstances and timescale to get it sorted.

Tone, Hope you made it home with that dodgy map
Lol give over , mines not a map it's an atlas ( it'll get you round the world )
Old 08 September 2012, 08:13 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

A fantastic day! Great weather, great organisation and marshalling, great cars and a whole load of great people coming together to make a special day for Connor. Well done to all involved.
Old 08 September 2012, 08:16 PM
Emmaroids
BANNED

Originally Posted by GAZ2293
Missed you today Emma? Then again it was a very busy turnout.
Yeah i know, i found Busta then came to look for you but you must have left
Old 08 September 2012, 08:20 PM
Bagpuss 127
Scooby Newbie

Scoobynet. You can all be justifiably proud of yourselves!
This has been an awesome day, I even won a raffle prize It was fantastic to see Connor enjoying such a diverse range of cars. The way you guys pulled this all together is nothing short of a miracle.
It was nice to chat to different enthusiasts about their cars and the camararderie among everyone was a credit to the car community.
I have had a fantastic day and it was all in a good cause, I'm afraid I got no pictures because being the muppet I am I forgot my camera.
Thanks to all who have put photos up of my slightly battered Mustang.
Cheers. Tony
Old 08 September 2012, 08:21 PM
Kath
Scooby Newbie

does anyone know what the raffle numbers were at all i left before they got done
Old 08 September 2012, 08:25 PM
Rogue86
Scooby Newbie

A huge thanks from me and my other-half for the day, had a great time and we're both a bit burnt now! Thanks to the Evo convoy for actually finding the place at all; we were getting lost using a phone and stumbled upon you guys by accident!

I've added some pics to the other thread (Click the pic below). The laptop I usually use is dead so I've had to edit these using old software and a knackered computer. If anyone wants high-res images or to see any of the others I took, let me know and I'll sort them when I'm back at work.:

Hope he had a great day, he certainly looked very happy.

As an aside, the offer is still there if you guys would like to visit RAF Coningsby. I've cleared it with BBMF, and I'm sure 29(R) Sqn will let you have a nosey around their Typhoons too. I completely understand if you're unable to come down.

All the best
Old 08 September 2012, 08:29 PM
maylander739
Scooby Newbie

WOW! What a day!

I didn't think I was going to join this forum to make only one post, but feel I have to.

I'm been very moved by today. It was a fantastic day and I'm so happy I was part of it.

I've never been in a place where everybody was so happy, polite and friendly.

Amazing organisation, can't beleive it was so well catered (even a bouncy castle for the kids!)

Lovely to see so many families enjoying the day.

Not sure what else to say as words can't really describe how moved I really am.

Thanks,

Matt
Old 08 September 2012, 08:30 PM
maylander739
Scooby Newbie

Rogue 86, thats a lovely photo.
Old 08 September 2012, 08:38 PM
David Gwynfryn Jones
Scooby Newbie

Just to answer the questions about the raffle, any non-claims were re-drawn, no other way to do it!
Old 08 September 2012, 08:39 PM
Rogue86
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by maylander739
Rogue 86, thats a lovely photo.
Very kind I was struggling to find a gap to shoot through to be honest, the crowds near Connor were huge!
Old 08 September 2012, 08:46 PM
rotty666
Scooby Newbie

WOW, an absolutely amazing day, put together by some amazing people.
Thankyou to the first aiders and marshal (sorry forgot ur name) that attended my friend that fainted with the heat! oops. she's ok now..
The cars were an amazing sight, the picture Rogue83 has just put on above this post, says it all... of all the pics ive seen of today and been there in person, that one has just brought the tears. Happy tears, that this little lad and his family had a day they will remember with smiles..
WELL DONE TO ALL THAT MADE TODAY HAPPEN big hugs from me... x
Old 08 September 2012, 08:48 PM
evo-_-star
Scooby Newbie

great day and so nice to see all types of cars and all car forums join together and put a fantastic day on for connor.everyone should be so proud at what was achieved today this is a meet that i will always remember
Old 08 September 2012, 08:51 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Well what can I say?

I didn't know what to expect today when I drove towards Meltham going to a hastily organised event which was thrown together inside two weeks. It could have been a disaster when this get together of cars grew into a monster when it went viral on the web.

Instead I was met with an incredibly slick and well organised event, There was no traffic issues whatsoever and I was directed to an overflow car park and I parked within 5 minutes of my arrival.

I was and still am bowled over as to how well this was sorted in such little time and the people who organised this pulled off nothing short of a miracle.

Everyone parked up ok from what I saw, Everyone got in or were directed to suitable alternative parking and the day was a resounding success, I plopped some cash in a bucket and enjoyed my day ogling at cars but I stood back and thought about the little lad who this day was really for and how he must be feeling today.

I never got the pleasure of meeting that amazing little boy today but i do know after what i saw his parents will cherish this day forever and all because of a massive group of car enthusiasts decided to get together and do something good.

Performance car buffs don't always get a great press but after today all I can say is bloody hell what a day.

To all the people who organised this or marshall this event you all deserve a bloody great medal, To all the people who turned up in some fantastic machinery you did yourself proud.

Finally to the family of Connor I'm sure you'll look back on this day for a very long time, I can't deny I had a big lump in my throat today and I was amazed at what can and was achieved for this very special and amazing 11 year old.

Like others have said witnessing this has restored my faith in humanity
and it was a very humbling experience.
Old 08 September 2012, 08:52 PM
Emmaroids
BANNED

Rogue, that photo has brought a tear to my eye and not for the first time today.
Old 08 September 2012, 08:54 PM
mcdter
Scooby Newbie

Default Outstanding Day

Today, though organised at short notice was brilliant. We never actually like many others we spoke to managed to get our car into the show area even though we had registered to enter. At first i was annoyed by this having just spent 2 days painting it to get it looking right, Mot & tax to use for just 1 day.We actually got to see Conner in the Police car turning on lights & sirens & some how after that it didn,t matter. It was a moment me & my wife will never forget.
Old 08 September 2012, 09:11 PM
Garyboxer
Scooby Newbie

It was great to see how the love of petrol can bring people together.

Connor we could see from your face that you loved your day.

All the organizers and helpers you certainly pulled out all the stops. You should be very proud of yourselves for organizing and carrying out the monumental task you had.

Thank you Connor for letting us be part of your day.
Old 08 September 2012, 09:33 PM
Plastermick451
Scooby Newbie

Ladies & Gents of Scoobynet, I have joined so I can post on the thread.

I and 20 other VXRO members attended today. And what a glorious day it was.
Ok, I had concerns of the parking of so many cars and tbh they came true. We had to all park up not inside but on a small car park past the main gate,THAT is my only gripe.

THE DAY WAS FABULOUS.

Organised and marshalled superbly, some seriously nice cars there. Did`nt actually get to meet up with the Family but then, they were all real busy.Did see young Connor and he just looked amazed at the turnout. Just for hin, a car nut just like us all!

Which in all fairness, I was too.
With such a short notice of the event, it was a great success.

WELL DONE TO YOU ALL FOR THIS DAY. And I hope I wont be speaking out of turn, But VXROnline were proud to of attended this event, if there are anymore planned or in the pipeline- keep us informed.
Old 08 September 2012, 09:49 PM
silverscooby29
Scooby Regular

look im havin to moan again as for the raffle we asked the ladie if we wernt there would the numbers be put up on here and she said yes they will . i bought those tickets in good faith for a good cause n before u all start i put money in the bucket aswell as it was for a good cause .... so any of u that read this the wrong way n be negative towards me . im not moanin bout puttin money in the raffle im moanin about the lie on such a good day ..read it as u want
Old 08 September 2012, 09:52 PM
Daz180
Scooby Newbie

I would like to say a big thank you for letting us as a club (FocusRSOC) join you for todays meet, it's a day I won't ever forget, you guys did an awesome job of organising the day in such a short timescale you should all be real proud of yourselves, it was an honour to be a part of it!
Old 08 September 2012, 09:54 PM
ASTRA2507
Scooby Newbie

The reason this was such a success is as much down to the fact that people were patient and understanding, that was very much appreciated by the marshalls, we all commented on how you all took this without complaint, cheers to all who attended
Old 08 September 2012, 09:55 PM
scotsman64
Scooby Newbie

the organisation, and set up of this event in 12 days was immense. to all concerned, i take my hat off to all of you. and zippy, what a dad you are, thank you for allowing me to be part of this. this day will live in my memory always
Old 08 September 2012, 09:55 PM
zippy!
Scooby Regular

HI ALL JUST WANTED TO SAY A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO ALL WHO CAME TODAY AND MADE MY SON SO HAPPY HE HAD A FANTASTIC TIME AND DID NOT STOP SMILING ALL DAY! I COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER TURN OUT BY A BETTER GROUP OF PEOPLE AND I CAN NOT FIND THE WORDS TO THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH! THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED OUT WITH THE ORGANIZATION OF THE DAY AND WHO VOLUNTEERED TO MARSHALL THE EVENT YOU ALL DID AN AMAZING JOB AND TO ALL WHO DONATED SO GENEROUSLY! AND TO MY MUM AND DAD I LOVE YOU BOTH AND AM SO LUCKY TO HAVE YOU BOTH! THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!
Old 08 September 2012, 09:58 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratutions to Busta ,toneh and Samuel Ellis for being thrown. In at the deep end and managing a super event and a thanks to jamo and the many marshalls who came and got the job done to a great standard under immense pressure

Please can we have no negative posts on here as this was for Conner and his family for an event to remember forever

Great photos and day and it shows what can be done at short notice to make a young lads dream come true

Let's all have some great photos up on the other thread

Lordharding
NBO chairman
Old 08 September 2012, 10:00 PM
rotty666
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by silverscooby29
look im havin to moan again as for the raffle we asked the ladie if we wernt there would the numbers be put up on here and she said yes they will . i bought those tickets in good faith for a good cause n before u all start i put money in the bucket aswell as it was for a good cause .... so any of u that read this the wrong way n be negative towards me . im not moanin bout puttin money in the raffle im moanin about the lie on such a good day ..read it as u want
Hi, I am sure that when the day has ended, when the organisers have got over the stress this event has caused them over the last week,(possibly when they have sobered up cos they sure as hell deserve a few pints tonight), I am sure they will be posts about the raffle and how much was raised etc, IF you look at the posts that are being posted on here they are from members not organisers. I am sure if you give it a couple of days the details you are asking for will be announced, i am sure there are others that purchased raffle tickets will be watching out for the news too.
Old 08 September 2012, 10:07 PM
samopangy
Scooby Regular

All the best, matey.
Old 08 September 2012, 10:08 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zippy!
HI ALL JUST WANTED TO SAY A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO ALL WHO CAME TODAY AND MADE MY SON SO HAPPY HE HAD A FANTASTIC TIME AND DID NOT STOP SMILING ALL DAY! I COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER TURN OUT BY A BETTER GROUP OF PEOPLE AND I CAN NOT FIND THE WORDS TO THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH! THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED OUT WITH THE ORGANIZATION OF THE DAY AND WHO VOLUNTEERED TO MARSHALL THE EVENT YOU ALL DID AN AMAZING JOB AND TO ALL WHO DONATED SO GENEROUSLY! AND TO MY MUM AND DAD I LOVE YOU BOTH AND AM SO LUCKY TO HAVE YOU BOTH! THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!
To be fair mate it was a pleasure to meet you and talk to you and See Connor

you were so appreciative of all that turned up you know what your a Dad with a big heart like me

we will do what we can for our young ones what ever and you did just that
you started it and without you this would not have happened

So to you i tip my hat

Regards MR_TOAD or Ian to most
Old 08 September 2012, 10:09 PM
Bagpuss 127
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by zippy!
Zippy, it was an honour and a privelege to be be a tiny part of this awesome day. Best wishes to all your family and especially Connor.
Cheers. Tony

Quick Reply: losing my son please help