Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Any idea on warranty for OE Subaru parts? 12/24 months?

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2012, 01:39 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any idea on warranty for OE Subaru parts? 12/24 months?

Just a stab in the dark really. Think I know the answer already. OWNED.

Think my ICV has gone again and it's been just 2 years old since fitted.

I'd need to find the invoice for it but looking at my project thread seems it was June 2010 the replacement went in.

Why is SUBARU electrical parts so pricey?

Steve
Old 27 June 2012, 03:08 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx

I'd need to find the invoice for it but looking at my project thread seems it was June 2010 the replacement went in.

Steve
I have a letter from Subaru, dated this year in March, that states 3 years or 60000 miles on legitimate Subaru spare parts. This was in relation to electrical parts fitted to my vehicle - lighting level sensors. Which i complained about the cost of.

Last edited by Beastie; 27 June 2012 at 03:12 AM.
Old 27 June 2012, 04:38 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Beastie
I have a letter from Subaru, dated this year in March, that states 3 years or 60000 miles on legitimate Subaru spare parts. This was in relation to electrical parts fitted to my vehicle - lighting level sensors. Which i complained about the cost of.

Excellent sir. Thank you.

I recall not I purchased this via Import Car Parts. So would I have a leg to stand on being a third party seller?

Steve
Old 27 June 2012, 05:46 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Excellent sir. Thank you.

I recall not I purchased this via Import Car Parts. So would I have a leg to stand on being a third party seller?

Steve
Steve, i assume then that your car is an import, or it may be a UK car but you bought parts sourced from Import Car Parts as they were cheaper. These parts may not be recognised as purchased through the Subaru UK network, depending where Import Car parts sourced theirs from.

I am no expert, but i would say that you need to go back to Import Car Parts with the receipt and ask them what warranty they give on the parts.

My example was a fully serviced UK car using parts from the Subaru authorised network.

However, you could argue that as Subaru UK give 3 years and 60000 miles that Import Car Parts should also give the same warranty.

Cheers
Old 27 June 2012, 05:52 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

some info here http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/terms.asp#returns

quote: "All guarantees for products are provided entirely by the manufacturers/UK importers and are subject to terms contained therein."
Old 27 June 2012, 07:23 AM
MartynJ
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner Plymouth for 4wd RR Mapping Apexi Ecutek Alcatek Proper Garage More than just a laptop!
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve
The valve is probably just stuck. Like you, for a while we replaced them on spec, but since then we have found they can be repaired.
Remove the valve, remove the electrical motor from the end and grab hold of the small metal lug that the motor drives.
You should be able to spin it freely with your fingers.
If that is not the case, lubricate it inside and gently attach a drill to the metal lug and spin it with the drill until it will spin freely with your fingers.
Re-fit !
Old 28 June 2012, 12:46 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Beastie
Steve, i assume then that your car is an import, or it may be a UK car but you bought parts sourced from Import Car Parts as they were cheaper. These parts may not be recognised as purchased through the Subaru UK network, depending where Import Car parts sourced theirs from.

I am no expert, but i would say that you need to go back to Import Car Parts with the receipt and ask them what warranty they give on the parts.

My example was a fully serviced UK car using parts from the Subaru authorised network.

However, you could argue that as Subaru UK give 3 years and 60000 miles that Import Car Parts should also give the same warranty.

Cheers
UK/Euro spec dude. Think you are right though for anyone seeking this kind of information.

Thanks for the input chap.

Steve
Old 28 June 2012, 12:48 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MartynJ
The valve is probably just stuck. Like you, for a while we replaced them on spec, but since then we have found they can be repaired.
Remove the valve, remove the electrical motor from the end and grab hold of the small metal lug that the motor drives.
You should be able to spin it freely with your fingers.
If that is not the case, lubricate it inside and gently attach a drill to the metal lug and spin it with the drill until it will spin freely with your fingers.
Re-fit !
Hi Martyn,

Just what I did was clean the old girl out. A lot of deposit feel out.

I left it soaking in GT85 for a good few hours. I plugged in the ICV to make sure the motor turns and it does. Just need to fit a new gasket (which to be honest looked OK but worth changing anyway) and fit ICV to the T/B as i want the GT85 to evaporate fully.

Cheers for the input.

Steve