ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Speeding Advice

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2012, 01:11 PM
barnshaw
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speeding Advice

i was with a friend in his car, it was in an empty dual carriage way and i guess he did boot it upto around 110 max (silly i know) , next thing an unmarke R36 passat estate thing blue's on etc, pulls over,

office mentioned he was doing 140? which was clearly not the case, he says it was too fast to issue a ticket on the spot and a court summons would be issued, said he had it on video and when asked to see video he said he wouldnt. didnt check driving licence, name or anything.

my mate understandably shaken said he will lose his job and have to sell the car etc and the policeman mentioned "your not listening to what i am saying, sometimes nothing comes of it at all, so dont do anything as you might not hear anything"

do you think it is possible it was a scare tactic and a very lucky escape? or can they simply issue a NIP via verbal without checking any details or anything? didnt even check the driver was the owner of the car? any advice appreciated, officer was correct to pull over but i suspect more a scare tactic?
Old 05 May 2012, 01:17 PM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

That sounds very dodgy to me.

The Police would always check the drivers details and cannot refuse to show you the video. If he was going to report you for 140mph you will get done for it. The courts will always prosecute for that speed.

It may have been someone posing as a copper. Was he in uniform?

Did you get his reg number or his badge number?

http://www.pepipoo.com/FAQ.htm
Old 05 May 2012, 01:19 PM
barnshaw
Scooby Regular

it was a genuine officer, had a taser and everything, on his own, he couldnt see to get away quick enough though?

I understand an NIP can be issued verbally but surely they need to check details etc on the spot? or show proof? it was not over a long period it was a short burst of driving no more then half a mile.
Old 05 May 2012, 01:29 PM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

If I was your friend I'd get on this forum and ask the question there.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=5
Old 05 May 2012, 02:20 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if he never showed any vid then its just a scare tatic,

no video evidence,no licence check,no name check, so how can they prove who was driving the car.

wouldnt bother about it,
Old 05 May 2012, 02:58 PM
doormatty
Scooby Regular

agree i got pulled on the A1 late one night booting it by a unmarked scooby of all things said i was doing 105 and to be careful next time otherwise i could lose my licence.

told him i knew i was only doing 98 and he said same i was on the video asked to be shown it and true to fact it showed i was doing 105

bit of a dressing down by him but nothing else
Old 05 May 2012, 08:09 PM
barnshaw
Scooby Regular

thanks, i guess it will just be a case of waiting and seeing if anything arrives
Old 05 May 2012, 08:16 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

Could be just a warning, but for him to not ask for any details is a bit suss, I got stopped last week as according to them police my car showed up as silver when it is black and log book shows this, also they said I live in Wales which is not the case, the officer then told me after checking my details that the control room had got my reg wrong, I mean how can you get p600 Wrx wrong lol,

But with out them confirming drivers details they can't issue a penalty, butif they do u have to say who was driving the car,