bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i raced this guy at Jurby in the Isle of Mann. fast car IIRC
Old 31 October 2011, 01:25 PM
wilbo
Scooby Regular

That is such a shame, how can people get away with doing that.

Thats 2 depressing reads I have had this morning. Have been keeping up to date regarding another con artist on my old club who has robbed loads of people out of money for parts, and it now turns out he even lied about his child being very ill and his dad dying!

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/i...current-state/
Old 31 October 2011, 01:39 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Thats really messed up. Taking some 1's passion and using it 2 yr advantage so u can con him. He obviously spent a lot of time and effort on it. Only go 2 garages that come recommended. Having said that only take them in 2 consideration if the people recommending them have had the kind of work yr thinking of getting done.

But then I suppose there r times u just have 2 take the leap for whatever reason.

Originally Posted by wilbo
That is such a shame, how can people get away with doing that.

Thats 2 depressing reads I have had this morning. Have been keeping up to date regarding another con artist on my old club who has robbed loads of people out of money for parts, and it now turns out he even lied about his child being very ill and his dad dying!

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/i...current-state/
Need 2 be a member 2 see this.

Last edited by NOSSY_89; 31 October 2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 31 October 2011, 01:42 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't access the above, but the ops thread is really upsetting .. Can't believe someone would be so heartless.. It's not just his car, it's something he has spent so much time and effort on .. It's soul destroying ..
Old 31 October 2011, 01:47 PM
wilbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89

Need 2 be a member 2 see this.
Ah, ok. Just some guy who used to do fg parts for celica club, VXR club and mini club who basically took advance payments and never did the work or if he did it would take months and be sh*t, ran away from all responsibilities and was a compulsive liar, makes up sickening lies such as his dad dying and small child being ill with swine flu. Not quite the same as above, but just another conman out there. World would be a better place without people like that in business.
Old 31 October 2011, 01:58 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by wilbo
Ah, ok. Just some guy who used to do fg parts for celica club, VXR club and mini club who basically took advance payments and never did the work or if he did it would take months and be sh*t, ran away from all responsibilities and was a compulsive liar, makes up sickening lies such as his dad dying and small child being ill with swine flu. Not quite the same as above, but just another conman out there. World would be a better place without people like that in business.
The world would be a better place without con men. Might actually bring trust back in the world.
Old 31 October 2011, 05:21 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Making me angry just reading that thread.. God only knows what I'd do if anyone sold parts off my scoob whilst in for work etc.. Quite a shocking story.. poor sod.
Old 31 October 2011, 05:43 PM
Matt_F
Scooby Regular

**** thats really bad, if that was me i'd be knockin 10 tonnes of **** out of the guy
Old 31 October 2011, 06:35 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

I don't personally know John Fuggles but have seen him at a few events and he always came across as a really nice bloke. As Matt says if somebody did that to my pride and joy I'd make sure they didn't get away with it not matter what it cost me.
Old 31 October 2011, 07:50 PM
Matt_F
Scooby Regular

the more i think about it the more angry it makes me feel. how somebody could do or even think about doing that relly rags me up, i wouldnt take it lying down for sure i no that
Old 31 October 2011, 08:07 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

wheres the full story? that thread only seemed to give some slight ideas about whats happened, altho could only be bothered to read first page.

That story about car planet racing was shocking too
Old 31 October 2011, 08:10 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats shocking, think most folk wouldnt be so calm ,most would be down there in a shot beating the **** out the guy
Old 31 October 2011, 08:35 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomwrx
thats shocking, think most folk wouldnt be so calm ,most would be down there in a shot beating the **** out the guy
Then end up in Jail on an assault charge...

There's much better ways to fcuck up people like that.
Old 31 October 2011, 09:10 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

All too similar to the RC Development story. Proves there's some extremely dodgy "Tuners" out there
Old 31 October 2011, 09:15 PM
sonicvr6
BANNED

gutted
Old 31 October 2011, 09:33 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

That makes grim reading. Can't believe there are people out there that do this sort of stuff.
Old 31 October 2011, 09:50 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by djandyg
wheres the full story? that thread only seemed to give some slight ideas about whats happened, altho could only be bothered to read first page.

That story about car planet racing was shocking too

It's all there in the thread!
I'll surmise.

John Fuggles (owner of the car) is well known in the Skyline circles. He has been tuning and dragging Skylines for around fourteen years. He had an issue with his Skyline and asked Gary Passingham of GT Art to do some work for him. Gary was known to John and someone he had dealings with before. At the time Gary was quite busy and John gave him the car knowing it would take a while as Gary would work on it between jobs.
Three years later! All that was left of John's car was was a box of bits and a rotting shell. In that time Gary had stripped John's car and sold the bits to other people. He moved premises twice and declared himself bankrupt. What little work he did was very poor quality. After much to and fro the upshot is John is about 40k down and has nothing to show for it.
Gary has since found alternative employment and to date John has had nothing in recompense. To add insult to injury John is unsure if he will get his reg plate back N15 MOJ (NISMO J). He is very philosphical about the whole thing and taking it rather well.
Given what's happened there's still c*nts defending Gary on that thread. Citing things like the recession and a divorce.
I would read the thread it's an eye opener.
Old 31 October 2011, 10:10 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
It's all there in the thread!
I'll surmise.

John Fuggles (owner of the car) is well known in the Skyline circles. He has been tuning and dragging Skylines for around fourteen years. He had an issue with his Skyline and asked Gary Passingham of GT Art to do some work for him. Gary was known to John and someone he had dealings with before. At the time Gary was quite busy and John gave him the car knowing it would take a while as Gary would work on it between jobs.
Three years later! All that was left of John's car was was a box of bits and a rotting shell. In that time Gary had stripped John's car and sold the bits to other people. He moved premises twice and declared himself bankrupt. What little work he did was very poor quality. After much to and fro the upshot is John is about 40k down and has nothing to show for it.
Gary has since found alternative employment and to date John has had nothing in recompense. To add insult to injury John is unsure if he will get his reg plate back N15 MOJ (NISMO J). He is very philosphical about the whole thing and taking it rather well.
Given what's happened there's still c*nts defending Gary on that thread. Citing things like the recession and a divorce.
I would read the thread it's an eye opener.
Nice summary. I don't know how John has remained so calm about the whole thing tbh. All credit to him
Old 31 October 2011, 10:12 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

im sorry but a hired hitman would only let me get over something like this

£40k down thats insane
Old 31 October 2011, 10:31 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

I have sympathy but surely he could of tried to sort it earlier than after 3 years? (like others couldnt be arsed to read all 18 pages, so apologies if i missed something key)

Its like the programmes which you see a bloke with a 38 stone tumour or something..........why didnt he act when it was 2 stone?
Old 31 October 2011, 11:13 PM
MicaDan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cocker
I have sympathy but surely he could of tried to sort it earlier than after 3 years? (like others couldnt be arsed to read all 18 pages, so apologies if i missed something key)

Its like the programmes which you see a bloke with a 38 stone tumour or something..........why didnt he act when it was 2 stone?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but John was actually helping Gary to get back on his feet and Gary was doing John's car inbetween jobs to keep the costs down.

I've met and used Gary a number of times, and I used to compete against him regularly in the HKS drag series in my drag R32 GTR, and he would even lend a hand between rounds, as did others, as there was a lot of camaraderie between competitors. Yes, everyone has their "nay-sayers" when it comes to tuners, such is the nature of the business, you can't please every single customer all of the time, but I would have also been happy to leave my car with Gary after seeing his work first-hand and hearing from his regulars.

However, the way he has conducted himself here is absolutely shocking, and has taken away any credibility he had with me. When you leave a car with a tuner, it is their responsibilty to ensure parts aren't lost, the vehicle is looked after and work is completed to a high standard. None of this happened. Gary has also been given the opportunity to have his say on numerous occassions and he has declined, that speaks a thousand words to me!

The fact he is effectively getting away with this, and is now back in the game under someone elses wing is the final kick in the teeth, and I hope John gets things sorted one way or another.
Old 31 October 2011, 11:33 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Very sad read

Tony
Old 31 October 2011, 11:41 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

What an awful situation. I can't believe the owner is able to stay calm through this at the moment. Although getting angry and doing something silly would get him no-where. I hope his calm approach will see him get back at least some of what he is owed! Taking the guys RR would be a start!!
Old 31 October 2011, 11:52 PM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

truly are some ******* out there taking advantage of our love for cars sad times
Old 01 November 2011, 03:42 AM
jtonkins
Scooby Regular

wow just read that whole thread a truly shocking story what a pr*ck
Old 01 November 2011, 08:37 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Feel for the guy what makes it worse is like he says.. If he takes legal action it will cost him more for what... £1 a week... Breaking legs should be legal!!!
Old 01 November 2011, 10:59 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As above, you might feel like doing some very nasty thing to this bloke but if you have a family job house, what do you do? beat the crap out of him, chop his hands off? go to jail and loose everything, or cut your losses and move on.

It's a car, is it worth your life and that of your family, yes it's a bitter pill to swollow, but how much is enough, this is not just about money the owner of the car needs to get his life back and not let this bloke take the really important things in life away from him

I'd still want to watch the c00nt burn though
Old 21 March 2013, 01:45 PM
CJ1
Scooby Newbie

Default Very Important Information to do with this story.

I have signed up exclusively to post this information, I may one day be a scooby owner, but the company owned by Gary Passingham that ripped this guy off has now re-opened!

It is now called Wizzwheels and has taken over the site that Sumopower used to be on in Rye, East Sussex.

I personally thought he was ok although 1 job stretched from 1 day into 4 days but I was told he was running behind.

He is still working on Skylines and high performance cars.

I hope that this information is useful to those who need it. I wont be going back to him now that I have read all the information across many forums about him. Which is a real shame as he comes across as a nice genuine guy.
Old 21 March 2013, 01:56 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.SJ.

Quick Reply: A Tale of a GTR and a Tuner....Shocking :(