That South London engine rebuild place... - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum



ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

That South London engine rebuild place...

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19 May 2011, 05:25 PM   #1  
TinyTim
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
TinyTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 975
Default That South London engine rebuild place...

There was a thread on here recently... cant be sacked to find it.

Anyway, they've just been on Channel 5 news with a number of scoobs in the background - raided by Police today. Lets hope this is the start of the victims getting some money back.
TinyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2011, 05:38 PM   #2  
jura11
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
jura11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: www.slowboy-racing.co.uk
Posts: 10,524
Default

You mean this matey?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...=searchresults


Jura
jura11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2011, 06:09 PM   #3  
justin_watson
Scooby Regular
 
justin_watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hull
Posts: 476
Default

Cant believe they got away with it for so long! I dont think they would get away with doing something like that up north though especially here in Hull, they would get lynched!!
justin_watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2011, 06:36 PM   #4  
pslewis
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Old Codgers Home
Posts: 32,388
Default

I knew them as The Heathrow Engine and Gearbox Centre in the 1970's!! They took the whole back page of the Exchange and Mart in those days.

They were crooks then, are crooks now and will remain crooks until they die .... it simply staggers me that people still go there - 40 years on!
pslewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2011, 09:18 PM   #5  
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping
Posts: 3,661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslewis View Post
I knew them as The Heathrow Engine and Gearbox Centre in the 1970's!! They took the whole back page of the Exchange and Mart in those days.

They were crooks then, are crooks now and will remain crooks until they die .... it simply staggers me that people still go there - 40 years on!
It's the usual reason, they appear to be cheap!
Alan Jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2011, 09:47 PM   #6  
jura11
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
jura11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: www.slowboy-racing.co.uk
Posts: 10,524
Default

Finally police made arrest

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...ided_By_Police

Jura
jura11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2011, 08:13 AM   #7  
TinyTim
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
TinyTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 975
Default

That's the one Jura, cheers.

Few scoobs inside the unit.
TinyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2011, 01:05 PM   #8  
Guv
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Guv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Middlesex
Posts: 2,696
Default

These crooks are near where I work at the weekends........you would not believe the amount of cars they have parked awaiting new engines......

Luckily for my boss they pay the rent on time now, apparently my bosses have threatened to kick them out a few times when they were late paying but thay have coughed up in the end, (he's good can fight fire with fire if you know what i mean)...

I just enjoy roaring past them on my way to work in my scoob as all the mechanics look up to see what car making all they noise...
Guv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2011, 02:57 PM   #9  
sweden
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: across the water
Posts: 414
Default

jesus 75 police bit of an over kill surely, sadly they will be back in business sooner than later
sweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2011, 03:43 PM   #10  
The Zohan
Scooby Regular
 
The Zohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Disco, Disco!
Posts: 21,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweden View Post
jesus 75 police bit of an over kill surely, sadly they will be back in business sooner than later
There was only supposed to be 5 police but some reported one of the employees speeding nearby...
The Zohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2011, 03:45 PM   #11  
justin_watson
Scooby Regular
 
justin_watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hull
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zohan View Post
There was only supposed to be 5 police but some reported one of the employees speeding nearby...


justin_watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2011, 08:03 PM   #12  
The Rig
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (13)
 
The Rig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guv View Post
These crooks are near where I work at the weekends........you would not believe the amount of cars they have parked awaiting new engines......

Luckily for my boss they pay the rent on time now, apparently my bosses have threatened to kick them out a few times when they were late paying but thay have coughed up in the end, (he's good can fight fire with fire if you know what i mean)...

I just enjoy roaring past them on my way to work in my scoob as all the mechanics look up to see what car making all they noise...
Unfortunatley,this is why these crooks can still make business,as they can still rent lockups etc,even tho most owners know what they get upto,as long as they pay their bills,nothing happens.

in an ideal world your boss would of chucked them out as they were crooks but hey.
The Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2011, 01:51 AM   #13  
Guv
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Guv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Middlesex
Posts: 2,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rig View Post
Unfortunatley,this is why these crooks can still make business,as they can still rent lockups etc,even tho most owners know what they get upto,as long as they pay their bills,nothing happens.

in an ideal world your boss would of chucked them out as they were crooks but hey.
.......As you said they don't give a toss as long as the rents paid......there no better to work for.....
Guv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2011, 12:48 PM   #14  
rallycross PUG
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Surrey
Posts: 71
Default

Glad to see this happen these people are crooks and take advantage of people then leave them with a ruined car and no cash.

The people that work there are not mechanics you'd struggle to call them fitters, some of the work I've seen come out of there could have been done better by an untrained monkey.
rallycross PUG is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2004 (54) Blue JDM Widetrack STi Fresh Import KAS35RSTI Subaru 23 12 August 2017 04:29 PM
OBD2 tracker and scanner Sam Witwicky Engine Management and ECU Remapping 17 13 November 2015 10:49 AM
New car new problems - alcatek Brzoza Engine Management and ECU Remapping 1 02 October 2015 05:26 PM
Subaru full forged 2.1 blobeye 468 bhp Ganz1983 Subaru 5 02 October 2015 09:22 AM
Offside door for a P1 Nicky-nick Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club 3 29 September 2015 02:02 PM


Tags
centre, engine, forums, heathrow, london, news, police, problem, rebuild, scooby, sky, south, zohan

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:24 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: