ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Thoughts on this car guys ??

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2011, 10:38 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on this car guys ??

Like the low mileage / ssh, right colour, just hope this price is right !!!

anyone know this car ??
given the current market estimated true s/h value ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123
Old 08 May 2011, 11:29 PM
Mr moff
Scooby Regular

Looks clean that does mate,very nice.

Danny.
Old 09 May 2011, 12:06 AM
glynnboy
Scooby Newbie

What car are you driving at the minute, would you not be better going for an sti? Had a bugeye wrx before and had it tuned to similar bhp but with the money I spent would have been better put towards an sti which has the extra kit to cope with it, gearbox etc. Ended up buying a Wr1
Old 09 May 2011, 12:25 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like a reasonable car

looking at his feed back he has sold two other imprezas in the last 18 months or so both with poss+ feedback
Old 09 May 2011, 12:31 AM
More_Boost
Scooby Regular

Looks a goo good one mate, nice.
Old 09 May 2011, 04:59 AM
ironbridge
Scooby Regular

looks sweet.
Old 09 May 2011, 09:20 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay cheers guys as always appreciatte your replies, okay in answer to a few off the questions raised nope want a wrx as opposed to an STI, yes in an ideal world would go for the sti unfortunatly due to insurance etc thats not going to happen just now !!

power wise what would the standard power output off this car have been before being remapped ?? the remapper a good reliable outfit ?? given the increase in BHP just how much more stretched will the turbo / clutch etc etc be on this car ??

what would be a decent price to get this car for again given the poor state off the s/h market ??
Old 09 May 2011, 09:40 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Guys not in the same leage as the last car linked above but thoughts on this ?? owned since just 30k on the clock it does have a genuine local FSSH, thoughts about price / mileage shoud the mileage be off concern ??

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2567491.htm
Old 09 May 2011, 09:48 AM
DonNedly
Scooby Regular

225bhp as standard mate.
my my05 has been decatted and remapped and makes about 280bhp, which is the limit of the turbo. Clutch, gearbox etc were all over-engineered by Subaru and will handle more bhp.
I would check the remap was done after the decatting and the induction kit was fitted.
I wouldn't spend much more than £5k on it tho in the current climate.
Old 09 May 2011, 09:54 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DonNedly
225bhp as standard mate.
my my05 has been decatted and remapped and makes about 280bhp, which is the limit of the turbo. Clutch, gearbox etc were all over-engineered by Subaru and will handle more bhp.
I would check the remap was done after the decatting and the induction kit was fitted.
I wouldn't spend much more than £5k on it tho in the current climate.
Okay thanks appreciatte the info, yep did offer £5k cash but seems the guy is looking for £6400, again appreciatte the car was worth this a year or so ago before the s/h market crashed but just personally think it way over what you would comfortably pay for a car off this age in the current market.

5k max as would personally have to budget for the sti spoiler and gold 18" alloys !!!
Old 09 May 2011, 10:06 AM
DonNedly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Okay thanks appreciatte the info, yep did offer £5k cash but seems the guy is looking for £6400, again appreciatte the car was worth this a year or so ago before the s/h market crashed but just personally think it way over what you would comfortably pay for a car off this age in the current market.

5k max as would personally have to budget for the sti spoiler and gold 18" alloys !!!
But you get some sti spoiler money back if you sold the prodrive spoiler thats on there. Mind you, you wont fit 18s on if hes lowered it.
My blob cost me a little over £5k back in November with no mods except cat back exhaust with 50k on the clock and that was from a stealership. I think this guy thinks his is worth more cos hes modded it but it doesn't work like that.
Personally i'd prefer to get an unmolested one and do the mods yourself.
Old 09 May 2011, 10:19 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

But you get some sti spoiler money back if you sold the prodrive spoiler thats on there. Mind you, you wont fit 18s on if hes lowered it.
My blob cost me a little over £5k back in November with no mods except cat back exhaust with 50k on the clock and that was from a stealership. I think this guy thinks his is worth more cos hes modded it but it doesn't work like that.
Personally i'd prefer to get an unmolested one and do the mods yourself.
A yep okay appreciatte what you say but given full receipts for work done is no different to you getting the work done yourself and having to pay for it all ie in this case a receipt from scoobyclinic for remapping, surely its better than you having to pay the money to them yourself and getting the receipt in your own name !!

okay thanks for the info on the lowering / fitting off 18"s pity but personally think I would prefer the bigger wheels than lowering.
Old 09 May 2011, 10:40 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay just heard back from the guy and quote re. my 5k cash offer :

"" I appreciate that the market is slow at the moment but that does not mean i will take a silly price for my scooby ""

There you go !!!
Old 09 May 2011, 11:07 AM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

The WRX 05 in your 1st link is a European import so you could negotiate that to get a few quid taken off the price. (As they were cheaper to buy. Exactly the same as a UK car bar a couple of digits on the chassis number)

UK cars don't have a certificate for the alarm, it's fitted by Subaru UK.

If I was going to see this car today, I would go over the bodywork with a fine tooth comb looking for any evidence of accident repair, as well as of course scrutinising the service history.

And if you do buy it and want more power, you can remove that induction kit, fit the original box with a free flow panel filter, also fit a 1.3 bar radiator cap. They were selling nice original sti one's on here not long ago for £25

Greg
Old 09 May 2011, 11:23 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Yep okay no probs always suspicious off cars with ultra low mileage having more than one owner in this case 3

did offer the guy £5500 upon everything being okay upon viewing it but its a no go, worth £6400 all day long.

we will see !!!! no doubt someone will pay this but dont think it will be a quick sale !!!
Old 09 May 2011, 11:23 AM
DonNedly
Scooby Regular

hardly silly money. this one is similar and just sold for £5k
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-SUBARU-IM...item2a104ac286
Old 09 May 2011, 11:44 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Missed that one mate appreciatte the link - will forward it on !!
Old 09 May 2011, 01:56 PM
monkfish2
Scooby Regular

You would be the 5th owner of this car in 6 years. Not ideal, especially when you come to sell it. £5k is a good price all day long in the current market.
Old 09 May 2011, 04:19 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by monkfish2
You would be the 5th owner of this car in 6 years. Not ideal, especially when you come to sell it. £5k is a good price all day long in the current market.
Yep totally agrea mate unfortunatly the seller does not !!!! the seller is only the 3rd owner off the car and to be honest from what I see most subarus have had a few owners by the time they are 5/6 years old.

Last edited by jono300; 09 May 2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09 May 2011, 04:24 PM
monkfish2
Scooby Regular

The advert says 3 previous owners which makes him the 4th and whoever buys it the 5th.
Old 09 May 2011, 05:20 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Yep your correct but did make a point off asking him this and he said he is the 3rd owner , from a few off his replies / username I think there is possibly a slight language difference ??!!
Old 09 May 2011, 05:30 PM
monkfish2
Scooby Regular

That would put me off straight away, I was ripped off in the past buy a polish guy (not saying they are all bad) but his wife was in on it too !! He's obviously a dealer if this is his 3rd impreza for sale in 18 months. There are too many good imprezas out there at really good prices, I'd shop around.
Old 09 May 2011, 05:41 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by monkfish2
He's obviously a dealer if this is his 3rd impreza for sale in 18 months.
you spotted that as well

Old 09 May 2011, 06:40 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Quote " There are too many good imprezas out there at really good prices, I'd shop around.

Keep this thread open then guys as apart from the link above ie. 55 plate scooby with low mileage selling for 5k in the end have yet to see any good imprezas at really good prices.
keep the links comming !!

as has already been said a look on ebay / pistonheads etc etc shows the majority on sale are still on sale for prices that are well over the top , probably no doubt why these same cars are not selling for weeks / months on end !!!
Old 09 May 2011, 07:34 PM
pigSTi
Scooby Regular

I don't see what the problem with no. of owners is... Cars like Imprezas may well get passed on a lot as people may not be comfortable with the cost of running them etc or maybe like me get bored quickly.

I owned my first Scooby for about 4 months then sold to get a silver one, kept that for 6 months then sold to get a blue one kept that for 6 months then sold to save some money for a house deposit.

After a year away I bought another Scooby, have had that for 7 months now and would happily sell for a change. Was looking at CLK Mercs the other day for example but decided against in the end.

My current Scoobs last owner had it for just under two months, in which time he had to replace all of the disks and pads plus had to pay to sort out a Brembo caliper that had binded, he had an arguement with the supplying dealer about a descrepancy with the service history which they provided (in the end) a guarantee against, he had to buy two new tyres as well. He also reversed into something and had to get the rear bumper sorted out - I spoke to Subaru dealership he took it to (and one that I use so I know them) and they confirmed the damage and repair which was minor but another cost.

My impression was that the guy was thoroughly peed off and just wanted shot of the car. I happily bought it and have had no trouble at all since.

Anyway, I'm the 4th (or 5th?) owner of the 53 plate car that had done 53700 miles when I bought it. No worries

Last edited by pigSTi; 09 May 2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10 May 2011, 08:58 AM
DonNedly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pigSTi
I don't see what the problem with no. of owners is... Cars like Imprezas may well get passed on a lot as people may not be comfortable with the cost of running them etc or maybe like me get bored quickly.

I owned my first Scooby for about 4 months then sold to get a silver one, kept that for 6 months then sold to get a blue one kept that for 6 months then sold to save some money for a house deposit.

After a year away I bought another Scooby, have had that for 7 months now and would happily sell for a change. Was looking at CLK Mercs the other day for example but decided against in the end.

My current Scoobs last owner had it for just under two months, in which time he had to replace all of the disks and pads plus had to pay to sort out a Brembo caliper that had binded, he had an arguement with the supplying dealer about a descrepancy with the service history which they provided (in the end) a guarantee against, he had to buy two new tyres as well. He also reversed into something and had to get the rear bumper sorted out - I spoke to Subaru dealership he took it to (and one that I use so I know them) and they confirmed the damage and repair which was minor but another cost.

My impression was that the guy was thoroughly peed off and just wanted shot of the car. I happily bought it and have had no trouble at all since.

Anyway, I'm the 4th (or 5th?) owner of the 53 plate car that had done 53700 miles when I bought it. No worries
yup. I'm 6th owner of mine and its only a 2005 with 50K on the clock but its never missed a beat. In fact, when it was mapped, Dynamix said it was in excellent condition and the engine sounded more like one that had done 20K. It also responded exceptionally well to the mapping.
Mileage and previous owners are just numbers, the most important thing is to judge the condition of the car for yourself.
Old 10 May 2011, 01:56 PM
bottlesofbecks
Scooby Regular

yup. I'm 6th owner of mine and its only a 2005 with 50K on the clock but its never missed a beat. In fact, when it was mapped, Dynamix said it was in excellent condition and the engine sounded more like one that had done 20K. It also responded exceptionally well to the mapping.
Mileage and previous owners are just numbers, the most important thing is to judge the condition of the car for yourself.

2001 and I am the 9th owner no worries as yet
Old 10 May 2011, 02:10 PM
monkfish2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Just my opinion, but mine is still on it's first owner !! Ha ha
Old 10 May 2011, 02:55 PM
NISFAN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Okay cheers guys as always appreciatte your replies, okay in answer to a few off the questions raised nope want a wrx as opposed to an STI, yes in an ideal world would go for the sti unfortunatly due to insurance etc thats not going to happen just now !!
I think you will find buying a stock UK spec Sti will be cheaper to insure than a WRX with a list of mods.
Old 10 May 2011, 03:52 PM
pigSTi
Scooby Regular

This for me is the golden rule. Well said