Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

My car didnt sell on ebay! as rare as it is????

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2011, 11:11 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My car didnt sell on ebay! as rare as it is????

Shocked how i listed my car on ebay and it didnt reach its reserve of 8k which was enough to settle my finance,. its a 2003 sti v-limited with 30070 genuine miles on the clock and running 360/360 with 10k of mods in mint condition,. JDM Twin scroll Roger clark down pipe,. FMIC,. new white 18" inovit redlines, new tyres,new grooved discs and ebc blue pads, new freshly painted front bumper with sti v limited splitter and zunsport grill, air intake in fog cover avant gard 5.5 alarm etc etc and can not believe how it didnt sell my finance settlement is now 7800 and i refuse to sell it for less than my settlement as its mint and far better than your average car out there which you pick up for 6500,. for another 1300 its more for your buck.
i really dont know what to do with it now
i have been offered 7k for trade in but dont want another car at the minute,.
tried breaking it and the amount of timewasters i endurred was unreal and dont fancy having it on my drive in bits as i am in private rented accomodation so not really an option,. and last i could send it back to the finance company in september as a standard car and remove all the good stuff and walk away from the finance...im at a loss now,. as i want 7800 and be finance free and someone would have a great car
link to pics
https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...llow-link.html

Last edited by fordrsrickc; 31 March 2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old 31 March 2011, 11:22 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worth £8k all day long fella, keep trying

TX.
Old 31 March 2011, 11:22 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LPG won't compute with most people looking to buy a 'rare' mint v-limited. Looks better without that nasty bumper now though Your best bet is to sell at 7k but make up the difference by taking off the sellable mods
Old 31 March 2011, 11:24 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I sold my 400 odd BHP bug with RCMS mods, Methanol injection, API Jap 6 speed and all the rest I guess it would go for £6k

Shaun
Old 31 March 2011, 11:26 PM
beastgtir
Scooby Regular

Try it on pistonheads, auto-trader, ebay, gumtree..

Sadly the market is dead at the minute buddy
Old 31 March 2011, 11:36 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by beastgtir
Try it on pistonheads, auto-trader, ebay, gumtree..

Sadly the market is dead at the minute buddy
tried it on pistonheads and guntree isnt really the place for a car as rare as this,..ive enjoyed the car, dont get me wrong, but financially it has to go and im shocked at how much the market has fell out of these cars at the minute and think its only going to get worse with insurance and fuel prices killing them off. i can only say i dont think ill be buying another and glad it wasnt a range rover i bought when i wanted one and bought this instead as range rover depreciation is scary 60k car worth 10k in a few years ouch
i am considering putting it standard and original and removing the lpg to sell, wondering what it would sell for standard without all the mods and wether or not it will be worth my while,. plus i cant be bothered anymore and just want it to go to a enthusiast who would appreciate it.
Old 31 March 2011, 11:46 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear of your situation, i spotted it on ebay a few days ago and wondered if it was your one, it really is shocking the market value of these cars the now everyone selling a scoob is in the same boat

only ones selling as either stunning spec or stupid under priced

seems a great deal and would be a model i would jump at having the cash

grant
Old 31 March 2011, 11:52 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

First 7800 to settle my finance at an RBS bank accompanied by me, with the account number and sort code i have from the finance companywith settlement letter secures.
its simply payment over the bank and fax confirmation to remove the finance marker from the car and drive away its that simple.
Old 01 April 2011, 12:02 AM
bugeyejohn
Scooby Regular

Its crazy what there selling for,i thought it was the fuel price but yours has LPG i wish i didnt have mine as theres some real bargains to be had.Good luck if thats not worth 8k i dont know what is!!
Old 01 April 2011, 12:04 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have had it converted to LPG? If so that might be the reason as LPH and performance cars don't mix. I know a chap who had it done to his car and it wrecked his car. Another lad I know had it done to his transit and ended up costing him a fortune because it fo##ked his engine .
Old 01 April 2011, 12:30 AM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers
You have had it converted to LPG? If so that might be the reason as LPH and performance cars don't mix. I know a chap who had it done to his car and it wrecked his car. Another lad I know had it done to his transit and ended up costing him a fortune because it fo##ked his engine .
i didnt have it converted,. it was done by the previous owner who owns pioneer gas lpg conversion centre in rochdale and has been on the car for 3 years without any problems and as lpg runs at an ocatne rating of around 105 ron and subarus have hardened valves and mine even has a valve saver system fitted,. a transit is completely different and dont know what system he had on it and the valves wouldnt be hardened. the system on mine is an italian system called LONGAS which has its own ecu and cost 2500 so not a cheap system and think its proved itself over the 3 yrs without missing a beat.
Old 01 April 2011, 01:54 AM
stringostar
Scooby Regular

if i had the money mate i would jump at the chance... i only had 2k, and for that i bought a 1998 turbo 2000 with some nice mods on.... as for LPG conversions.. who did the transit van? my uncle works as an inhouse mechanic for a roofing firm, who have 12 vans, transits and ldv's, all running on gas, and have been for years... no problems with them...
Old 01 April 2011, 07:32 AM
frodge
Scooby Regular

i always thought the octane rating was lower on lpg which is why the fuel economy is slightly lower
Old 01 April 2011, 09:39 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Contact the highest bidder on Ebay and offer him second chance at 7800.00:- he bid 7900 so it ought to work,

David API
Old 01 April 2011, 10:20 AM
rickya
Scooby Regular

IMO LPG puts a lot of people off.
Lovely car though mate, stick at it & it will sell for near to what you want
Old 01 April 2011, 01:24 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

The very first thing I do (even before contacting seller) is a HPI check. The fact that your financed up to your eye ***** and haven't declared it in the add would put me off immeddiately.
You really should state your situation fella.
Also, the LPG will be putting many people off. Most people don't understand LPG systems (me for one) and won't realize that the system you have is good.
Old 01 April 2011, 01:57 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

As rare as the ca may be its still just another my03 STI, if I were to try and sell my car I would take a massive loss because I choose to add a mod or two
Old 01 April 2011, 02:07 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would hang in and advertise it again there are buyers out there.I had mine which was rare for sale for months and months lots of intrest and stupid offers which I kicked into touch and then a buyer appeared and gave me my asking price.
Old 01 April 2011, 02:36 PM
KrisBuc
Scooby Regular

Not very good pics on ebay advert could do with a few more and bigger pics to show car off a bit more
Old 01 April 2011, 02:50 PM
Japorter
Scooby Regular

Location: OLD MY53 STi @ 341bhp/349lbft -> NOW Evo 8 385bhp/380lbft

Might have been the lpg thing you mention?
Old 01 April 2011, 02:55 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

LPG and the mods will be putting people off.

Limited editions should really be bog standard (engine aside) to be worth top dollar. Plus at £8K its into late 54 DCCD equipped UK cars.
Old 01 April 2011, 02:56 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
The very first thing I do (even before contacting seller) is a HPI check. The fact that your financed up to your eye ***** and haven't declared it in the add would put me off immeddiately.
You really should state your situation fella.
Also, the LPG will be putting many people off. Most people don't understand LPG systems (me for one) and won't realize that the system you have is good.
I'm financed up to the value of 7800 which is what I want for the car minimum, I tried listing it on eBay saying I'm settling the finance being honest and eBay removed my listing.
As until it's settled it's not my car yet I have contacted the finance company re my position and they were the ones who advised me to sell it and pay off the finance to the account number and sort code to an rbs bank.
I may remove the LPG next week if it's putting people off. But to be fair it has been on the car for 3 years without a problem and runs like a dream on either gas or fuel. And would save you a small fortune.
I shouldn't even be trying to sell my car it should be selling itself as it's a lot of car for 7800 twin scroll JDM with 30070 miles it's maddness it should be snapped up. It's the fact the Market has dropped out of these cars
Old 01 April 2011, 02:57 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
LPG and the mods will be putting people off.

Limited editions should really be bog standard (engine aside) to be worth top dollar. Plus at £8K its into late 54 DCCD equipped UK cars.
My car is a DCCD equipped car as its a JDM twin scroll
Hence the reason I'm shocked its not sold already
Old 01 April 2011, 03:00 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gussy
I would hang in and advertise it again there are buyers out there.I had mine which was rare for sale for months and months lots of intrest and stupid offers which I kicked into touch and then a buyer appeared and gave me my asking price.
I think I'm just going to trade it in as I have been offered 8k providing I buy another car. Didn't really want another car though but I'm being pushed into a corner and don't really want to keep relisting it at 20.00 a time
Old 01 April 2011, 03:19 PM
bonesetter
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The market has dropped, but LPG removal will make selling easier, and you really should see £8+ for that car

Will any 'signs' of the installment still be there after removal?
Old 01 April 2011, 03:23 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

i found i sold my classic on auto trader alot easier and for more money than i would of got on ebay, its just full of dreamers and wasters on there for car sales now.
Old 01 April 2011, 03:24 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

No market for these currently..the market has just gone stone cold... plus being a non UK car you have less interest from Subaru dealers who would normally be looking for tidy 2nd Hand UK cars for their forcourt.

Double wammy...
Old 01 April 2011, 03:48 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Unfortunately your actually breaking the law selling your car if it has finance on it. You are the registered keeper, but NOT the owner of the car so it is against the law without permission from the finance company or paying the finance off first. It’s a tricky one but should certainly have stated that in the advert somewhere that you will pay finance off with buyers money on day of exchange/purchase. Tricky subject. Good luck, cracking car mate!
Old 01 April 2011, 04:44 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
Unfortunately your actually breaking the law selling your car if it has finance on it. You are the registered keeper, but NOT the owner of the car so it is against the law without permission from the finance company or paying the finance off first. It’s a tricky one but should certainly have stated that in the advert somewhere that you will pay finance off with buyers money on day of exchange/purchase. Tricky subject. Good luck, cracking car mate!
I've had permission from the finance company to sell the car and have a letter from them as proof with settlement figure and payment details etc.
The reason I did not state it was on finance is because on eBay my listing would just be removed and at 20.00 a listing I provided contact information on the listing so people could speak to me where I would have been informing them of the nature of the car etc.
Yet I have to have an interested party first and personally anyone in the right Mind would contact me first then HPI check it.
Payment is simple just a case of going to an RBS and paying over the counter
Old 01 April 2011, 05:11 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

My personal opinion on finance is not good. I don't agree with it and would certainly never have finance. If you can't afford the car then don't buy it, simple as that.
I'm a little surprised that you couldn't afford to buy the car but could afford to blow 10K on it within 2 years, strange.
In many peoples eyes, if somebody couldn't afford to buy the car in the first place then how would they afford to really care for the car, especially with it being a Subaru.
Your car looks and sounds really nice fella, but as stated above, the market is shocking.
If I was you, I would remove the LPG. Potential Impreza owners neither want it or even understand it. It will be putting people off straight away. I would then advertise it on auto trader and on pistonheads with some really good photos. I would also come clean on the finance situation and state that payment for the car will need to be paid to RBS.
It's not going to be an easy sell, there are sooooooooo many to choose from and one full of tic is a killer from the start.
Stick with it and I wish you luck.

Quick Reply: My car didnt sell on ebay! as rare as it is????