Ron Williams of www.raw1performance.com is a SCAMMER and a THIEF

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2010, 10:56 PM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ron Williams of www.raw1performance.com is a SCAMMER and a THIEF

Well I didnt see this comimg

When I was looking to get my new engine built I did alot of research and came down to contracting Ron Williams of www.raw1performance.com to build my new engine. I know people with his engines in their cars and I know people who have bought parts from him without any problems and all the feedback I could find on the net was about 99% posative

lots of emails and phone calls back and forth, lots of information etc etc passed and he was happy to let me pay up my engine build due to my unforseen engine failure back last October.

Anyways by the 5th of June my engine and Cosworth dry sump system are fully paid for and my engine is shipped to me at the start of August minus the dry sump from Cosworth as they are "waiting for the last of the parts to be machined"

So I now have my engine minus the sump so I contact Cosworth asking them what the lead time was going to be on my sump on the 11th of August and didnt receive a reply from them so I send an email to Ron on the 12th August as can be seen below

Originally Posted by raw performance
Graeme
to ron

show details Aug 12

Alright Ron
Hope the racing is going well. I picked the block up last Thursday I have had a look at it and it seems undamaged. I have not had a chance to do anything with it yet as I have been busy working.
I emailed cosworth via their " contact us" section of their website a couple of days ago to try find out the lead time on the sump but suprise suprise I have had no answer.

Will drop you another line if I ever hear from them

All the best
Graeme

Sent from my iPhone

ron@raw1performance.com
to me

show details Aug 13

Yeah, Kyong told me you had contacted them. The parts shipped from Cosworth early last week but I was already gone to Ukraine and I missed them so they went back. I've sent an email to Kyong explaining that I will be home around the 17-18th and that they can resend anytime after Monday the 15th.

You have 2 weeks from the day you picked it up to claim any shipping damage, so just keep that in mind. But if it looks OK at first glance, chances are it's OK.

Ron

a few days later we hear that he has been involved in a horrific car crash

taken from another forum

Hello, this is Colleen, Ron's wife. It is with great regret that I am letting you know that Ron was in a very bad car crash earlier this week in the Czech Rep. He is in a hospital somewhere near Prague. As far as I know, he has a broken back, broken pelvis, and both his right arm and right leg are also severely broken. From what the police have told me, this happened sometime either late Monday or early Tuesday and they found his phone in the car on Thursday evening and called me. I have no other information about the crash at this time. I will be flying to Prague very soon and staying with Ron until he can come home, whenever that may be. I was told that Ron has not been awake since the crash. Once I get to Prague and am able to speak with him, I will update everyone about the situation.
Thank you, Colleen
then later his wife posts this

This is Colleen. Here are pics of the car after the crash. Ron says he's doing a little better and says thanks to everyone. He is in Jicin Czech at a private home being cared for. We do have health insurance, but not sure as of yet if they are going to help with the medical bills because the crash was not inside the USA. The car had UK insurance, but the medical was minimal and already that is all gone through. He does not have daily access to a phone or computer, but is trying to get a phone going. I am heading over on September 2, so at the very least he will have my phone once I arrive to him.

I have no reason not to believe this so send hime a get well soon email to which I got this auto reply

hey its ron
im sorry but everyone is gonna get the same return email i only have use of my left arm and hand and i have over 600 emails in my inbox
if u have not heard i crashed a car in eastern czech rep and was hurt pretty bad im not sure whats going to happen from here on out but my wife colleen is coming here on sept 3rd to try and help me with everything
if you recently sent me an email looking for an engine or parts sorry at this time its just not possible
if you emailed me asking about your current build its probably in the same state it was when i left for ukraine at the start of the month sean is no longer with the company and i have no idea what he completed or did not complete in my absence all new stg 2 block orders should have been shipped or so sean told me he shipped them all all other orders are in the works
as of today sunday aug 29th im not sure when i will be back friday i had a follow up with the doctor and he said all was good so i was making plans to come home sept 16th last night my right ankle got as big as a basketball and turned purple im now back at the hospital and waiting for the doctor to tell me what they are gonna do
if you are waiting on your parts or engine to be completed i can not give you any updates until i get home and see what sean did or didnt do that may not be what you wanted but its what i can give right now and im really very sorry for any inconvenience its going to cause
if you cant wait and want a refund i can try and sort that out for you but im not sure what i can do over the phone or via internet if you paid by credit card i ran that through my paypal account and i cant login from here due to their security measures
i will update this again once i know whats going to happen
and again im very sorry for any issues this is gonna cause but its all i can do at this moment from here
ron
So I leave it a month to let himself get back to the States and start recovering before asking him about the sump as his health is more important than a sump. I am just about to go to bed this morning and decide to see if I can find any information regarding Ron and his recovery before trying to contact him and I found this thread had been updated somewhat since the last time I read it, my heart sank!!!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...1970473&page=8

I contacted Sean who used to do contract work for Ron helping to build engines etc etc by email and I quickly got a response due to it being 0130 AM here and tea time over in the States asking me to call him which I did.

my worst fears were confirmed that Ron had done a runner with at least $70,000 of customers money who had either paid for engine builds or ordered parts in the previous couple of months to Ron leaving to go to the Czech Rep that had contacted him since all this came out. I also found out that Ron Williams wasnt even his real name and that it was Mike Strubberg AND he had never been in a crash. It turnes out that he had got in trouble with the Police as a kid (early teans) and was on parole and wasnt allowed to leave his home state so he supposidly cloned his step brothers identity and so Ron Williams was reborn.
Sean had been working for Ron off and on for 3 years and the other year there he was asked amongst others if they could provide a character referance for him as he was applying to the courts or something to get a passport (was late and was in shock) and this is where we find out his real name was Mike Strubberg, anyways the conversation goes on and a pretty poor picture is painted.
At the same time Rons wife is posting pictures of a crashed car she is also selling off all the items out the house and their vehicles and buying plane tickets. It turnes out form other sources that Ron met his family in Dublin a few weeks ago and has supposidly paid for a years rent in a Villa in Spain that is just about finnished being built.

So going back to my first Quote in this post I phoned Cosworth USA this evening (due to time difference) and ask to speak to Kyong. Kyong did not want to discuss Rons account with me. After I explained the situation he informed me that they do not have any kits in stock and they did have 2 kits reserved for Ron but these were never paid for and that Ron had never received or was sent any dry sump kits from Cosworth so it looks like I have been stung for the best part of $3000 (approx £2100 - £2200)

Sorry for such a long post

Graeme

Last edited by G.Mac; 30 September 2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 30 September 2010, 11:13 PM
gordy07
Scooby Regular

Ba$tard!!!!
Old 30 September 2010, 11:25 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Damn..... the nasioc thread is really sad......

To do this to a friend of 20 years?????? and all other people
Old 30 September 2010, 11:29 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Thats very harsh mate, hope that you can somehow get your money back from this d!ck head!
Old 30 September 2010, 11:32 PM
Curtis450
Scooby Regular

wow... trust no one
Old 01 October 2010, 12:07 AM
ZEN Performance
Former Sponsor

I had thought this might be the case. Hopefully we can sort you out in the near future.

Cheers

Paul
Old 01 October 2010, 01:07 AM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Mother F*cker
Old 01 October 2010, 01:12 AM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

Aye Paul, will be on the blower in the morning

Graeme (wish I went for the Zen sump the first time round!)
Old 01 October 2010, 05:49 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Nasty situation. Good luck with clearing up the mess.

dunx

P.S. Karma DOES exist, he'll get some payback for his efforts in time.
Old 01 October 2010, 07:06 AM
mickp
Scooby Regular

Bad stuff. Hope you get sorted Graeme
Old 01 October 2010, 07:20 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

bloody hell,who can you trust nowadays.
Old 01 October 2010, 10:12 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow that's really ****e ..
Old 01 October 2010, 10:21 AM
Olly.Wrx
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this,

That really sucks lets hope what goes around comes arounds..
Old 01 October 2010, 10:27 AM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

what an a$$hole!!!
Old 01 October 2010, 10:34 AM
Oh-Flock
Master Flocker

for that amount of money someone will track him down when he least expects it

sorry to hear of everyone's losses
Old 01 October 2010, 12:57 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Thumbs down

**** me what a story amazing the lengths that some people will go to, to avoid their liabilities

TX.
Old 01 October 2010, 03:08 PM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

W*nker!! I'm sure he will get his comeuppance one day!

Sorry about all the cash lost buddy! Hope you manage to get something sorted!!
Old 01 October 2010, 03:47 PM
M4RKG
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** me, and I was p*ssed that I got ripped for £120 for an iPhone...

... surely for fraud on this level and his previous history, despite him being in another country, someone could do something?
Old 01 October 2010, 07:09 PM
skeeter
Scooby Regular

Did you pay on your credit card? If so you may well be able to get your money back from them.

S
Old 01 October 2010, 07:50 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

he will be running for all his life having read the full story on nasioc thread what was he running from as he had a good buisness earning for reputable repairs
Old 01 October 2010, 08:08 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that fella,what a toss pot, might be worth a nice holiday to spain

You have to be really sick and twisted to post pic's and tell people that had happened, They should hope and pray that does'nt happen to them for real with the hole family in the car
Old 01 October 2010, 09:07 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Turn over a rock and what do you find? Sorry to hear of your experience. We've been done by "customers" so it can happen all over.
The "accident" thing is particularly bad, but only provokes the advent of Karma. As they say, what goes around comes around.
Personally, I'd rather be a decent individual who occasionally falls for it than a snake who thinks he can get away with it.
Old 01 October 2010, 11:17 PM
stedee
Scooby Regular

i would have been suspicious as soon as the missus told me all that info about the crash b4 she had even been to see him, that wouldnt happen would it

if the crash really happenned she would have forgot all of that and simply gone to see him, you wouldnt even think of informing customers of her husbands business.

and yes fate has a taste of irony.
Old 09 February 2011, 11:50 PM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

Not good news I am afraid
I found his wife and sent her a msg

Graeme McFarlane 09 February at 13:09
Good day, I am hoping you can help
I am sure that you are the correct person I have been looking for, your Maiden name was ......... and have two kids by the names of ...... and ...... (asked a former employee of your husbands to confirm that this ID was you)
I have been trying to track down Mike Sturbberg who also went by the name of Ron Williams of a company called Raw Performance in Il.
I contracted him to build an engine for me and supply some other parts, I received the engine but never received the Cosworth dry sump oiling system that I paid $3000 for. I phoned Cosworth in the States and they confirmed that this order was never paid for.

I am looking for Mike to contact me so we can talk about what went wrong and hopefully get my money back, even in installements, as this has put the brakes on me getting my car back on the road.
I would ask that Mike give me a call on (my mobile number) for a chat.
I do not want to argue, I just want to have an adult conversation to see where things went wrong.

Best reguards
Graeme Mcfarlane

And got this reply

Colleen 09 February at 23:02 Report
You have the right person, but unfortunately I can not help you. We seperated in November and have not spoken since Christmas. The last time we spoke, he was making plans to return to the Ukraine.
Are you aware that he petitioned and was granted bankrupcty for both business and personal matters in August? If you made payment before August of 2010, it would have been dissolved within the bankrupcty.
You should try his personal email, which is boogerwrx@yahoo.com

Unfortunately I did not know he filed for bankrupcty therefor could not put a claim in

Graeme
Old 10 February 2011, 04:21 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Anything i can help with?
I know alot of people in STL.
Old 10 February 2011, 10:42 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by speye91
Anything i can help with?
I know alot of people in STL.
Any hitmen?
Old 10 February 2011, 11:00 AM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

thats bad, it really is a case of who can you trust, just because you do your homework and all is well........
Old 10 February 2011, 11:06 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery
Turn over a rock and what do you find? Sorry to hear of your experience. We've been done by "customers" so it can happen all over.
The "accident" thing is particularly bad, but only provokes the advent of Karma. As they say, what goes around comes around.
Personally, I'd rather be a decent individual who occasionally falls for it than a snake who thinks he can get away with it.
Spot on

Bloke and his family sound like proper scum
Old 10 February 2011, 11:33 AM
bugeyejohn
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 53WRX
Spot on

Bloke and his family sound like proper scum
+1 Every dog has its day
Old 10 February 2011, 11:41 AM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

Personally, I'd rather be a decent individual who occasionally falls for it than a snake who thinks he can get away with it.[/QUOTE]

i dont think you would have problems with that alan,after meeting you and your team a few times now i think your all top guys and look foward to having work done by you in the future.

Quick Reply: Ron Williams of www.raw1performance.com is a SCAMMER and a THIEF