Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

is this a good deal for UK car??

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2009, 01:02 AM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this a good deal for UK car??

Motor Provider New And Used Car Supermarket: Brand New Subaru Impreza 2.5 wrx, New Subaru Cars, New_Subaru_Impreza_WRX_Hatch
Old 29 January 2009, 01:13 AM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Interest rate seems high? Not sure on anything else tho.
Old 29 January 2009, 09:07 AM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

Yes, I saw these advertised in Autotrader and its a very good price if you actually want a hatch WRX. Not many people do (hardly any been sold). I took a test drive last October when looking to replace my Hawkeye saloon and was not impressed. Golf GTi/Leon 2.0T/Focus ST etc are all better motors IMHO.
Subaru have a serious problem with this car and I see that they've halted plans to bring a Diesel Impreza into the UK.
Old 29 January 2009, 09:49 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i looked at a simalar ad to this and when you look at the small print the price does not include delivery and registraton

rate is a bit high as well

steve

just looked at ad again and the price is actually 16,299 i have seen a s/hand one with low miles on car web site for 11,800 and i bet you could get that down to 11,250-11,500 easy

Last edited by Steve001; 29 January 2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 29 January 2009, 09:58 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Seems ok to me, Its a fair price and to be honest I have a feeling that due to the rubbish sales figures of this shape they will be a future classic.
Its always the way.
Old 29 January 2009, 10:03 AM
N_Scooby
Scooby Regular

New but pre-registered. Subaru have always done this to make the sales figures look good and then flog them on to car supermarkets. I considered a hawk STI a couple of years @£17,999 (instead of £25,000). It was right at the time when there were all the road tax queries so I didn't bother. Be better of getting a 2 year old hawk STI for about £13,000. Looks better and has far more power than 230ps.
Old 29 January 2009, 03:35 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Rather naughty as well, as only the second image is a WRX. The other two are STIs.
Old 29 January 2009, 04:01 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

do a search on auto trader. I posted about this a while back. could get them for about £10500.

its pence for the actual car you get. love them or hate them really.
Old 29 January 2009, 04:34 PM
SPG
Scooby Regular

There were no reg bonuses for dealers on this model so i'd be very surprised if it's a genuine UK car, I bet its actually a European import, that price would make perfect sence then.
Old 29 January 2009, 04:35 PM
SPG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Microstar
Subaru have a serious problem with this car and I see that they've halted plans to bring a Diesel Impreza into the UK.
Diesel Impreza's will hit dealers this month.
Old 29 January 2009, 04:43 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Originally Posted by SPG
Diesel Impreza's will hit dealers this month.
Available now or so I am told Impreza Diesel - Subaru Impreza Drivers Club
Old 29 January 2009, 04:54 PM
G-string
Scooby Regular

Looks very cheap though interest rate is high
Old 29 January 2009, 05:37 PM
Davey L
Scooby Regular

I'd like that interest rate. When i got my bank loan in December to buy my WRX the bank hit me with an 18% rate. Poor girl did say it wasn't nice having a rate like that when the main interest rate is running at less than 2%. When i did an internet search 15% and up was about all that i could find...
Still the banks need to make some money to loose from somewhere!

Old 29 January 2009, 05:39 PM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mikkel
Rather naughty as well, as only the second image is a WRX. The other two are STIs.
Thats the first thing i thought - picture is misleading cos the WRX you are actually buying looks rubbish in comparison......
Old 29 January 2009, 08:35 PM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil
Available now or so I am told Impreza Diesel - Subaru Impreza Drivers Club
That's strange. Subaru press release from December:

Subaru Impreza diesel postponed
Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Subaru Impreza diesel postponed

Subaru has postponed the launch of its diesel-engined Impreza indefinitely, due to massive fluctuations in exchange rates.

International Motors, Subaru's official UK importer, says it has no choice but to delay the diesel model until the Yen rate drops.

'At the current rate, we would have to charge vastly more than we can justify for the diesel Impreza if we were to make a profit,' said a spokesman.
Old 17 March 2009, 06:45 PM
Squadron-Leader
Scooby Regular

I test-drove an Impreza 2.0D RX in East Sussex last weekend.

They're now up for sale, but no big launch. According to the dealer... Japan/IM have said see if you can sell them! Original launch price was going to be closer to 18K for the RX model, but thanks to the Yen it's far higher at £22250 !

I thought it was rather good and the handling was spot on. Here's my brief review...

So… Subaru + Impreza + Diesel + Economy… words that are not normally put together.

It’s justifiable to say the new Impreza is not everyone’s cup of tea (including mine up to today) but Subaru have put together a package in the 2.0D that is pretty damn close to what a ‘Scoob’ is all about. You get great handling, a high level of equipment and performance of…

147bhp/258lbft (at 1800 to 2400!)
155co2 (£145 tax)
47mpg combined (40mpg urban)

…in fact you get everything you could probably want except madness power.

The test drive…

The cabin is full of toys and far exceeds what my MY04 had when new. The model I took out was the 2.0D RX. Comes with leather, electric seats, push button engine start, keyless entry etc etc.

On start up you can hear it’s a Diesel, but it’s not loud and would be disguised with a decent performance exhaust. In the cabin you would never know you’re in a Diesel.

Pulling away you know you’re in a Impreza as the ride was reasonably hard and there’s still that boxer sound. Steering is positive and due to electric motors where the power steering pump used to be is a little over sensitive. Caused me to over steer a couple of times when pulling out of junctions.

Please be aware!!!

1) This is no fire breathing monster of an Impreza
2) It will not blow your socks off
3) You cannot drive this car like you would a petrol Impreza

It’s definitely not slow and 2nd gear will give you the ‘whiplash’ feeling, but you do run out of puff quickly. Change up faster and then enjoy a torque curve in 3rd that is fantastic. The power delivery is so smooth and keeps going and going and going. Due to the smoothness it’s easy to forget what speed you’re going unless you watch the speedo constantly! I was in 4th gear at 45-50mph and then started to accelerate without looking at the speedo. I then guessed I was at 70mph… when I was actually over 80mph. It just did not feel like I was going that quickly.

Handling is probably the best feature. 2nd gear into a roundabout with your foot down and it just sticks to the road. We had 4 adults in the car and it felt like I could turn in tighter and tighter with no sign of the car breaking away or getting fidgety. I’d describe the over handling as point and click. Point it where you want to go and it does.

In summary…

This car is not going to suit everyone. Most ‘hardcore’ Impreza drivers are going to be saying “Diesel ! how could they?”, but this car gives good economy, some reasonable performance and (by what I’ve heard today) can be tweaked. Prodrive are working on a pack, so I suspect we’ll see 180bhp/290lbft from this unit in the future.

The word on the street is… when testing the engine in Japan it was putting out 210bhp, but has been strangled for the EU market due to regulations.

Would I have one? Yup I think so… just got to get the Credit Crunch out the way first and get Subaru to drop the price.

Sqn Ldr.... over but not out

Last edited by Squadron-Leader; 17 March 2009 at 07:03 PM.