Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

03 STI PPP... Should I??

Old 11 November 2007, 10:43 AM
Spoiler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 STI PPP... Should I??

Thinking of joining the ranks of the impreza owners again, after a 6 month period .

I've seen a 03 plate STI PPP for £13,995, with service etc 30k on it...

Is it a good deal??

Unsure.... From a dealership...

Any thoughts would be great...

Old 11 November 2007, 11:03 AM
DirtyScooby
Scooby Regular

A quick check on Autotrader for Trade cars reveals that prices for STI's realy vary. I would say its an average price from a dealer considering it has below average miles on it.

You could go private if you have the cash and get a lot more for your money though.......see here....

Buy a used SUBARU IMPREZA SALOON (2000 - 2003) - Auto Trader UK

Also I know you would get a warranty from a dealership but private you could get a warranty from WarrantyOnline.co.uk - Warranty Online - CarWarranty Online - CarWarranties - Car Warranties and if as any STI has a full service history from a Scooby dealer you can't go wrong really.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do but I know what I be buying tomorrow if it was me
Old 11 November 2007, 11:22 AM
Spoiler
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate, it's the top end of my budget, so that's why I'm looking...
Old 11 November 2007, 11:31 AM
DirtyScooby
Scooby Regular

Go private then mate - top one is ONO so you could probably get that for 11500 with cash on the spot and it has FSH with only 25k on the clock.

Third one down is a bargain as well with the amount of mods/money it has had spent on it and its still under warranty
Old 11 November 2007, 06:21 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

If you have a car to p ex and can't be bothered with the hassle of selling privately I'd go for a dealer supplied car. If you go for a Subaru Approved Used car you will getat least 1 yr warranty and a years Subaru assist, with European cover. If you intend to mod it, buy privately as the mods may invalidate the warranty. Whichever route you go you'll enjoy....
Old 11 November 2007, 06:23 PM
Spoiler
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply, I'm trading my 05 plate diesel vectra in against it...

So....
Old 11 November 2007, 10:25 PM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Would NOT buy from a dealer. My WRX was sold to me as PPP and it was not. The 53 STI PPP I then got from dealer as sweetener turned out to have finance on it from first owner. Rip offs!!
Old 11 November 2007, 10:49 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by anthscooby01
Would NOT buy from a dealer. My WRX was sold to me as PPP and it was not. The 53 STI PPP I then got from dealer as sweetener turned out to have finance on it from first owner. Rip offs!!
What happens if the car you buy still has finance on it? Something I have never checked when buying to be honest... rather niave perhaps.
Old 11 November 2007, 11:27 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

The finance is secured against the car. So the brand new motor you think is yours isn't..............
Old 12 November 2007, 02:29 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Exactly! When mine was written off I had major problems with insurance co paying out to me. Officially car was owned by finance co and that was who were entitled to payout. Got sorted after 8 weeks or so but mega hassle! I paid 18k for car from Subaru dealer so did not expect this!!
Old 12 November 2007, 09:34 AM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Originally Posted by Spoiler
Thinking of joining the ranks of the impreza owners again, after a 6 month period .

I've seen a 03 plate STI PPP for £13,995, with service etc 30k on it...

Is it a good deal??

Unsure.... From a dealership...

Any thoughts would be great...

I paid £15,250 for my 05 STI with PPP last month with 21k on the clock from an independant dealer . I would say that you would be able to get it cheaper if you haggle correctly , not many people walking around wanting to spend that kind of money on gas guzzling motors this close to christmas ...bargain hard

Dave
Old 12 November 2007, 10:47 AM
Marky9074
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anthscooby01
It is illegal for a dealer to sell a car with outstanding finance on it.. I was witness to a similar conversation at a dealers recently. It turned out that the owner had put on a private plate and the car that this was previously on had outstanding finance....again an error in the system, frustrating nether the less. The dealer went into great details showing how they cannot sell cars with finance on.....and then the owner come out with the info about the plate change...

If you purchased a car with PPP it would have had a certificate of installation, which you should have asked for, plus the obviously tell tale signs under the bonnet (Prodrive Y piece etc)..... so with respect you didn't look at the car properly when you purchased, and should never take the dealer on their word.

Last edited by Marky9074; 12 November 2007 at 10:49 AM.