ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Too Common

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2005, 01:26 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a none Scooby owner, my view

The EVO from my test drives is not superior in build quality. The interior is shamed by a Maxi. I can understand a change of car if you want a more focused drive, but you are not buying quality above a subaru in the EVO.

EVO's are as much Bling as Subaru's. Your probably better off forgetting rice rockets alltogether IMHO

Jonathan
Old 01 January 2005, 01:44 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

ImprezaWR1,

Scoobs were common at the time you bought the WR1?... My runaround is a Ford Focus - they are common - but so what - top cars What are Mitsi dealers offering for yours? - let me know if you want to sell it cheap

I've had two classics from new, a MY97 and my current MY00 both have been excellent and in my opinion top value for money - at the time I bought my MY00 for £15500, the Evo 6 was £30k+ so not really comparable.

If I was after image and a rare car I would never have bought a Scoob in the first place.

Enjoy the Evo

Cheers,

Ian.
Old 01 January 2005, 02:06 PM
v8voodoo
Scooby Regular

It's a personal choice I guess, but good luck to you if you have decided to get a mitsu.
I test drove an FQ 330 (or around that anyway!) and felt it was a little simple to drive very quickly, yet tiring to drive with the very direct steering. Went for a newage WRX after much thought due to the ability to use it every day on the commute and to have a bit of fun on the roads back home in Wales.

As for the chav and blingin' comments etc, that'll all go out of fashion next month and attention will be focused on another part of the community, say older guys going to night clubs or something (don't flame me, just an example..!!). The answer is as was posted earlier in this thread, buy it for YOU, no one else, YOU.

My scoob is my daily shopping trolley car and for exclusivity and being "different" I have a 1959 Chevy pickup with a 450hp big block chevy V8 engine. Not many of them in this country. If you'd like to be different, pm me and I'll give you a few links to the real "dark side"...lol Then this months flavour of the month "chavs" won't know what to say when you drive past and it'll sure shut the neighbours comments up when you start it up and drown out the pillocks jealous comments.

Just my opinion guys...
Nige.
Old 01 January 2005, 02:08 PM
555wrx
Scooby Regular

If you want somthing ' exclusive' , go buy a bently or a roller, but even with such prestige cars at that, your bound to find that even some of them are driven by w@nkers.
I was in Torquay shopping yesterday and saw four scoobies, and one of those was being driven by a chav, but his was the cleanest/originalest car by far.

Just face it, scoobs are desired cars, you just cant help it if sometimes they are driven by undesirables.
Old 01 January 2005, 02:16 PM
New_scooby_04

555wrx, exactly: A car is not responsible for those who drive it!!

Best
Old 01 January 2005, 02:34 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Sounds like your a bit of a numptie to me.
Old 01 January 2005, 02:43 PM
ImprezaWR1
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ARRON BIRD
hmmm , and people wonder why Impreza drivers are seen the way that they are, with dicks like you making intelligent comments like that
Old 01 January 2005, 02:46 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Too many driver aids on an Evo for me, but good cars.
Old 01 January 2005, 02:48 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ImprezaWR1
hmmm , and people wonder why Impreza drivers are seen the way that they are, with dicks like you making intelligent comments like that
Look your post is total bollox!!!
Are you really thinking that buying an Evo is going to make the differences that you seek
If you do then like I say a true numptie!!!!
Oh and before you start my mates got an MR340.
You already have an exclusive car theres only 500 of em for ****s sake.
How many have tou seen on the road????
Do they really look like all the others????
ITS FIRKIN LIGHT BLUE!!!!
Thats like sayin your gonna buy a GT3RS but Porsches are sooooo common!!!!
Get a life mate get a Skoda!!
Oh and all I ever get from people is how much more classy the WR1 looks than all the other Subaru`s and how much everyone likes it so I dont know where you live but perhaps a move would be good!!

Last edited by ARRON BIRD; 01 January 2005 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01 January 2005, 02:54 PM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Talking

Are you really thinking that buying an Evo is going to make the differences that you seek
Oh and all I ever get from people is how much more classy the WR1 looks than all the other Subaru`s and how much everyone likes it so I dont know where you live but perhaps a move would be good!!
Fair comment
Old 01 January 2005, 02:56 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Well that's depressed me nicely. I'm on my 4th (WR1), and I didn't get my first until I was 37.

Strangely though, I see very few others about (although I see more when driving the Wife's Toyota). I've done a good few hundred miles in the last few days, and have seen 3 others, all driven by similarly geriatric folk, neither have I ever seen the full on Chav brigade driving one yet. As for the comments the car has generated, I've never received anything other than 'nice car mate' or similar.

Personally, although I fully apreciate that they're not the perfect car, my Imprezas have been great high performance family cars, and I simply couldn't live with the more 'hard core' Evo on a day to day basis, regardless of how good they are.

Mind you, I can't agree with those that slag off everyone who dares to criticise an Impreza (providing the criticism is based on personal preference or experience) though. So much about car ownership is subjective that 'Each to his own' has to be the operative phrase.

I hope you find what you're looking for from the Evo.

Josh
Old 01 January 2005, 02:58 PM
Trem
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrisp
Too many driver aids on an Evo for me, but good cars.
I read that as "Too many drivers have aids in an Evo for me"

I really shouldn't be at work today
Old 01 January 2005, 03:00 PM
richir rich
Scooby Regular

...also what evo dosent sound common....
Old 01 January 2005, 03:14 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by alwong
Maybe her or her partner was in the market of buying one and thought she would take photos to show her other half? What it looks like in the real world not on a poster or a brochure.

People will make their own assumptions!!!!
Why so angry Mr Wong? Did you not see the LOL. Anyway,are you trying to say a 1 inch grainy phone image on a dark December day gives a better photographic representation than a brochure/internet??? No I'm afraid she was a sad bird.Why do you want strangers talking to you at petrol stations anyway?
Old 01 January 2005, 03:17 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

WR1, Bird usually makes unhelpful comments like these. Do a search and you'll see what I mean.
Old 01 January 2005, 03:32 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

but occasionally he is correct,like now even i realise a wr1 is a very limited production car and not many chavs could afford them
martin
Old 01 January 2005, 03:34 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

These threads are bollox - as usual.

Stop wingeing and just drive the damn things.

They ARE a performance icon - no questions. They are quick but they are not a rally or track car - they are a road car. Use them as such. On the road, what is the use of 350+ BHP anyway?

Brian
Old 01 January 2005, 03:48 PM
mark@wrx
Scooby Regular

Sounds like your only pissed off cos you spent all that extra money on an "exclusive" car when you could have saved shed loads and bought an 05 STi.

If you think your going to something "better", oh well, off ya go!
Old 01 January 2005, 03:58 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billsandhu
On real roads, with real people behind the wheel the scooby is unbeatable.
Wrong
Old 01 January 2005, 03:59 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Cant remember the last time I saw a TR7 on the road, vroom vroom
Old 01 January 2005, 03:59 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Vipa
Oh..... and another thought.....

As soon as you buy your Evo you will start to notice loads of them.... I
Not noticed this myself
I still see loads of chavved up subarus
Old 01 January 2005, 04:00 PM
ImprezaWR1
Scooby Newbie

I asked for opinions and discussion on what was the origional post on this thread , to which I thank those that have given reasonable and sound comments, but as always the chavs & kids jump on mummy & daddys PC while they are getting P!ssed down the pub as usual

Thanks again to the people who posted advice and experiences

just thought I'd add that, when I bought the WR1 I knew I'd lose money, but wasnt really worried about that as I work hard and can afford a little bit in depreciation, thats mainly for the people on here to whom money means more than most other things in life

Mods can you please lock this thread now as its getting to be a playground for the post ******

Happy New Year
Old 01 January 2005, 04:02 PM
Pogue
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
Hi Pogue. What kind of sad bird takes a photo on her mobile of a mass produced car,or any car for that matter. Did she wear a pink Kappa tracksuit and have a pram for her 3 illegitimate children? LOL. Many people d'ont want that sort of attention I suppose
Actually she was a VERY attractive Japanese lady, I never said I wanted the attention, just making a point, she obviously thought it was worth taking a pic of.

BTW I have never seem an '03 STi around here, theres LOADS of Porsches, quite a few Evos, TT's etc.

I just bought my missus a Ford Galaxy, never noticed them on the roads before, now I see the damn things everywhere
Old 01 January 2005, 04:06 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxmania
They ARE a performance icon - no questions. They are quick but they are not a rally or track car - they are a road car. Use them as such. On the road, what is the use of 350+ BHP anyway?

Brian

This thread is hilarious, I'm printing it off and posting it on the staff noticeboard to cheer everyone up on Tuesday morning.

Performance icon my ****, don't forget that the Classic shape Impreza is only one notch up from a Clio 182 in terms of performance, I'd hardly call it iconic.
Old 01 January 2005, 04:07 PM
terryb
Scooby Regular

Hey ImprezaWR1

Wish you all the best with your EVO - there is a lot of mutual respect between Scooby and Evo owners and that's the way it should be. Both bloody brilliant cars.

Good luck and let us all know which model you go for.
Old 01 January 2005, 04:08 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ImprezaWR1
I asked for opinions and discussion on what was the origional post on this thread , to which I thank those that have given reasonable and sound comments, but as always the chavs & kids jump on mummy & daddys PC while they are getting P!ssed down the pub as usual

Thanks again to the people who posted advice and experiences

just thought I'd add that, when I bought the WR1 I knew I'd lose money, but wasnt really worried about that as I work hard and can afford a little bit in depreciation, thats mainly for the people on here to whom money means more than most other things in life

Mods can you please lock this thread now as its getting to be a playground for the post ******

Happy New Year
I think you will find many of the replies were commenting on the things you said. Your assumption that most of the poeple who post here are kids or chavs. Most Chavs would not bother.

I think asking for the thread to be locked is a bit off when it was obvious, on a Subaru forum, that most people would defend the cars.

Your opinion of the WR1 or any other Impreza does not change what they are. It is just a pity that you feel the way you do.

Brian
Old 01 January 2005, 04:10 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxmania
on a Subaru forum, that most people would defend the cars.
You will find that there are a lot of people on here that don't own subarus
Old 01 January 2005, 04:11 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Danny B

This thread is hilarious, I'm printing it off and posting it on the staff noticeboard to cheer everyone up on Tuesday morning.

Performance icon my ****, don't forget that the Classic shape Impreza is only one notch up from a Clio 182 in terms of performance, I'd hardly call it iconic.
What are you on about - I would advise you to look at what an icon is in the dictionary - QUOTE "An object of admiration, esp. as a representative symbol of something".

That sums it up.

Old 01 January 2005, 04:12 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by S.B.
You will find that there are a lot of people on here that don't own subarus
I did not state that everyone owns Subarus - I said this was a Subaru forum.

Why jump down my throat - this is a place for discussion not nitpicking.

Old 01 January 2005, 04:30 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

didnt know a clio 182 could 0-60 in under 6 seconds, if it does put me down for 1

Originally Posted by Danny B

Quick Reply: Too Common