ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Anyone????

Old 14 December 2004, 08:53 PM
rupe99
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Anyone????

Hi,

I'm picking up a Classic import at the weekend (fingers crossed), but I need help with a couple of things if anyone out there can?

I have the chassis number and I wnt to check that it's not stolen from Japan or anything bad has happened. Does anyone know where I can do this?

I also need to get the speedo change to mph, any ideas where to get this done and the cost?

Also I have been told to get it chipped to run uk fuel, does anyone know about this, how much it costs, where to get it done etc.

I'm in the sussex area by the way.

Any help would be great.
Old 14 December 2004, 08:58 PM
richir rich
Scooby Regular

Talking

ive crossed them!
Originally Posted by rupe99
Hi,

I'm picking up a Classic import at the weekend (fingers crossed), but I need help with a couple of things if anyone out there can?

I have the chassis number and I wnt to check that it's not stolen from Japan or anything bad has happened. Does anyone know where I can do this?

I also need to get the speedo change to mph, any ideas where to get this done and the cost?

Also I have been told to get it chipped to run uk fuel, does anyone know about this, how much it costs, where to get it done etc.

I'm in the sussex area by the way.

Any help would be great.
Old 14 December 2004, 09:00 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

It hasnt been stolen from Japan. If you have the certificate of de-registration then there is no doubt.

Quentin Wilson made a fool of himself.

Simon
Old 14 December 2004, 09:16 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

If you arent convinced you can try BIMTA; though Id sooner put the money in a charity box than give it to those fools.....

http://www.bimta.co.uk/CertificatesofAuthenticity.asp

Originally they were up in arms about Quentin Wilson's poorly researched programme; now they cashing in; tossers.

Simon
Old 15 December 2004, 07:56 PM
rupe99
Scooby Newbie

Can anyone else help with my questions???

Originally Posted by GC8
If you arent convinced you can try BIMTA; though Id sooner put the money in a charity box than give it to those fools.....

http://www.bimta.co.uk/CertificatesofAuthenticity.asp

Originally they were up in arms about Quentin Wilson's poorly researched programme; now they cashing in; tossers.

Simon
Old 15 December 2004, 08:34 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

It was impossible to answer your questions because you havent included enough information.

There are two ways to convert the speedo; either by swapping the facia for a 112Mph one or by fitting a 1.6:1 reduction on the drive cable; you will then either need to alter the speedometer to read 'MPH' or fit a 180MPH facia. The cost depends on the model of Impreza that you are converting.

If the car is a late Classic then a TEK re-map is desirable but expensive. An early Classic saloon will benefit from a ScoobyECU if you can find one.

You will also need a foglight and a fuel neck restricter. All of this kit can be found with a little searching on the internet.

Search this Thread