ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Attempted jacking,brum beware!!

Old 21 June 2004, 02:52 AM
gene1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Attempted jacking,brum beware!!

Hi
Thought id post here,after a great day even with ****ty weather at santa pod with my 2kids,i came back home tonight on my own and had an attempted jacking by 3 vehicle load of f***** c****.Any other scooby owners around yardley way be warned.Not that it is definate they will only act here,but be on the look out for dark sallon either fiat bravo or more possibly renault laguna and also red mini new shape bubble and big twin wheel white sherpa van.
I came to the island at the swan shopping center at about half eleven tonight and the two cars seemed to be racing,approached the island and they both went into both lanes to go over the island.No traffic coming and they were both stationary looking as if they were arguing or shouting to each other,started to think something was fishy,and then noticed lights of the sherpa right up me ar*e,Then four of them jumped out of the two cars ran up and tried to open my doors and as i was engaing gear put both my front windows through.Glad id just had them tinted as the tinting film held the shattered glass in one piece.I managed to quickly reverse slightly and then went over the curbs at the island and central reservation.
Will see in the morning the damage to my wheels and the crucnch that happened to my Hks hiper and what damage to the paint the window has done as it fell out when i drove off.
Am now in the process of hunting for two front windows and have enough stress trying to get all my mods done in time to go to Brd in 2 weeks for tuning.
Makes you wonder if its worth it for a ten grand car.
I know these retards wont be on this page but really hope they are known for their operations local as a good friend of mine who knows everyone is asking to see if anyone has heard where they are from.
Take care and keep a look out anyone else whose local in a scooby.
Regards
A *****d off
Gene
Old 21 June 2004, 03:58 AM
ANDYUK300
Scooby Regular

COMPLETE *****!!!!!!!!

hope youre ok m8.

andy
Old 21 June 2004, 05:49 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

That must have really shaken you up, glad you are unharmed. Mechanical things can easily be repaired/replaced...
Old 21 June 2004, 07:53 AM
gene1
Scooby Regular

Thanks,going to see the damage and hunts for windows today,just made me think cos the kids were in the car with me the night before at the same time.
And to add insult to injury,though id better report it to police to look out for cars in case they tried someone else last night,and got a bollocking from the copper on the phone,as i rang local station and she said i shouldve dialled 999.
Cant win
Regards
Gene
Old 21 June 2004, 08:51 AM
juan
Scooby Regular

soz to hear.

fekkers need shooting dead really don't they
Old 21 June 2004, 10:13 AM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

Holy **** .....

Thanks for the info.. hope you aren't too shaken up mate & these twots need knee capping!
Old 21 June 2004, 10:33 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

That sort of thing is rife in this area mate I'm afraid. It spreads from that side of the city down to Solihull and follows the outskirts all around brum and the Black country

I'm sorry to hear that you were a target.

People wonder why when I stop in traffic I leave 8ft infront in me - exactly because of this current trend in car crime

If they got the car it would have either been stripped to a bare shell in a Bordesley Green "Jap car spares" yard and it's reminents moved across or out of the country. Or it would have used a a getaway car for a robbery.
Old 21 June 2004, 01:52 PM
Danny Boy
Scooby Regular

Location: All over the place, trying to stop putting the miles on!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI Gene

Sorry to hear about this, hope it all gets fixed soon.
Thought i was being tailed when driving through Kings Heath not so long ago but managed to go for an extra drive about the place and loose them, quite scary really when the fuel light is on! BTW the car that tailed me was a red Rover 25 with two blokes in it and one headlight out.
Good luck with the hunt for the *****s.

Dan.

P.S. That ScoobySports backbox is still doing the business sounding great!
Old 21 June 2004, 04:50 PM
neil@wrx
Scooby Regular

thay race up brum sunday now by wheel's it's full of nutter's allway's fill up be for going into brum so you can run for it
Old 21 June 2004, 05:00 PM
Tasberley
Scooby Regular

brum is a dangerous area........

glad u are physically ok.. as said cars can be repaired!!

ive had a car try and stop me (a black mr2) with 2 eastern block origin lads in... just take care ppl!!!
Old 21 June 2004, 05:53 PM
gene1
Scooby Regular

Hi Danny
Glad the exhaust is still ok.
Managed to get two windows today from Central subaru who were a great help sorting through to get me the correct tint and now finally fitted,although i have a rattle from underneath,which will have to go on ramps to have a good look whats been hit.Apart from that all the car seems fine,so i should stop being so pi$$ed and down,couldve been worse.
What ever happened to good ol street fights where the last one standing won,instead of two cars full in front of you and a sherpa full behind you,while youre on your tod,wondering whether to scrap and loose your car or try and get out of the place.
Ali-b i agree that its getting worse and have had numerous people taling me and flashing to pull over,but never had the road blocked front and rear before and must admit to always airing to the side of caution,but by the time i sussed last night it was too late,and think ill have to get into the habit of leaving a healthy gap in front.
Oh and cop this for a laugh!(1st today)
The copper who came to take statement today learned that because the tw**s had blocked the island that i had gone over centre kerbing and shot off around the island the wrong way to the next exit,that he wouldnt take action against my driving because it seemed a forced reaction that i had to take to remain safe.
Hehe nearly got jacked and nearly got prosecuted also.
Regards
Gene
Old 21 June 2004, 06:01 PM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gene1
Hi Danny
The copper who came to take statement today learned that because the tw**s had blocked the island that i had gone over centre kerbing and shot off around the island the wrong way to the next exit,that he wouldnt take action against my driving because it seemed a forced reaction that i had to take to remain safe.
Hehe nearly got jacked and nearly got prosecuted also.
Regards
Gene
My god, I can't believe the police said that !

Was he taking the pi$$,
Old 21 June 2004, 06:34 PM
gene1
Scooby Regular

sad thing is no,had a completley straight face and said "i didnt hear you then did I sir,saying you went around the island of your own accord the wrong way,I will record that you were forced to drive this way,and then no action will be taken against your driving.
After last night nothing suprises me.
Gene
Old 21 June 2004, 06:45 PM
Simon Lau
Scooby Regular

Hi Gene,

Glad you're OK, it's just so shocking that these things happen. You did real well in getting out of that situation as it could have turned very nasty.

Those ******* worthless low-life scum bags

Time for some good luck now aye?

Old 21 June 2004, 06:52 PM
gene1
Scooby Regular

Hi Simon,
Thanks mate,and thanks again for your help getting my parts all shipped over earlier to me,much appreciated.
Regards
Gene
Old 21 June 2004, 08:42 PM
5cby
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that gene
hope your not to shook up
i shall be on my guard in that area as i go thru it everyday
granted it not at night time though

f'in scumbags should be locked up or put in stocks so we can ridicule them

steve
Old 21 June 2004, 09:39 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

Red face

THE F**KERS!!!!!

I wonder if someone will come up with some sort of "security" device that allows you to get out of the car and let the hi-jackers have it and then when they get about 200 yards down the road, it blows up....properly....Semtex style!!!!

I'd rather see the car blown to bits with the tw*ts in it, than let them get away to strip it/sell it/ring it/use it as a get away *delete as appropriate*

I think South Africa has the best one....the flame thrower thingy from under the sills....BRILLIANT...burn their f**kin' faces right off!!!! *****!!!

It makes my blood boil!!!!!

Glad you are ok and that your kids weren't in the car at the time. Guess anyone around that area should be careful eh?

Watch out from now on.

Marty
Old 21 June 2004, 10:07 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Glad to hear your o.k. heard a lot of attempted car jackings stories recently around the west midlands areas.
Old 21 June 2004, 10:24 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)

Tell me about it
Old 21 June 2004, 10:39 PM
gene1
Scooby Regular

Hi
Marty sounds cool,agree with you on burning it t#rather than them having it,mines got the clifford 600 with blackjack so wouldve shut down after 20secs,but thought that even with that,their mentality i wouldve got down the road to my car and they wouldve prob jumped on it or something similar out of spite to wreck it.
Think there should be a group buy from South Africa on the flamers from the side,i could stomach doing time inside if i knew i fried a couple of the f*****s
Gene
Old 22 June 2004, 12:20 AM
wrexxx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
That sort of thing is rife in this area mate I'm afraid. It spreads from that side of the city down to Solihull and follows the outskirts all around brum and the Black country

I'm sorry to hear that you were a target.

People wonder why when I stop in traffic I leave 8ft infront in me - exactly because of this current trend in car crime

If they got the car it would have either been stripped to a bare shell in a Bordesley Green "Jap car spares" yard and it's reminents moved across or out of the country. Or it would have used a a getaway car for a robbery.
I got my scooby from Bordesley Green and to be honest a few parts are a bit suspect but I bought it in good faith and from a good chap....I can bet you would know him as well...

BTW sorry to hear about the attempted car-jack hope your emotions have settled.....
Old 22 June 2004, 07:22 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

I guess even with blackjack fitted these guys would have towed it away.

Glad to hear you are OK, must have been frightening.
STEVE...............
Old 22 June 2004, 11:00 AM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

Firstly, let me say glad to hear you're OK, and escaped with minimal damage.
Secondly, I am absolutely appalled at the attitude of the police you have encountered - they are more interested in your traffic violations whilst trying to escape from scumbags, than catching the scumbags themselves ?!?!?!?!!?

Maybe you should have just sat in the car, got your head kicked in and lost your car, better than three points and a £60 fine ? This country sucks.......

T
Old 22 June 2004, 02:55 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

Apparently the south african 'jackers now throw petrol at the car before approaching it as anyone triggering the flamethrower will then set fire to their own car with them in it

Alcazar
Old 22 June 2004, 03:11 PM
gene1
Scooby Regular

Cheers lads for the moral support,still pi$$ed about bits and pieces but time to stop brooding and get on with other stuff.Yeah the police kinda make you smile dont they!Came home last night in the van as waiting to put the scooby on ramps to check underneath rattling,and got stopped by police to see if id been drinking,even tho i dont drink at all.Told me my tax was out of date and get it sorted,then said "oh sorry it says 05 not 04"When i said i coulve done with you lot last night when getting jacked,they turned round and left.LOL
Anyhowhope no one else has to have the same experience and unfortunately weve all got to drive round anticipating the unexpected all the time instead of truely enjoying the ride.
Gene
Old 22 June 2004, 04:39 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)

Really sorry to here this gene
As you may know, i had my car car-jacked in brum a month ago.
With me it happened at 1:30pm near shops in a residential area.

So all of scoobynetters out there be on your guard.
Its not just night time, could be anytime or place.
Old 22 June 2004, 09:54 PM
wrx
Scooby Regular

I've had 2 atempts near there. You just gota leave enough room everywhere you go cus they wont want to be identified if they get you out so they will do their best to keep you quiet. What MY/ colour is it and is it a UK or import?
Old 22 June 2004, 11:02 PM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

Thing is with something liek the blackjack, yeah it shuts down after 20 seconds, and what happens then?

A car load of carjackers are 20 seconds away from you and are all pissed off.

Well, at least you get a 20 second head start...
Old 23 June 2004, 08:09 AM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

20 seconds of the car jackers giving it some welly though. They could be 1/2 mile away, and would have to run back to get you!...even then it would take them a couple of minutes, by which time you would hopefully have phone the poolice, and found somewhere to hide
Old 23 June 2004, 08:38 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Gene so sorry mate, glad you are OK and thank god you didn't have the kids with you, scum like this should be hunted down and shot.
Cheers
Colin

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attempted jacking,brum beware!!