Dead fly remover?

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2000, 08:45 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Help!!!!!
We have had very few really warm days this year (as you know) and I seem to be killing rather a lot of fly's, now then I'm not worried about that, but I was just wondering if anyone knows of a substance (other than a tanker full of water) that will shift them from the front of my Scoob, someone did tell me about something years ago that you sprayed on, and it disolved what was left of the fly. If anyone knows please tell me.
Thanks.
Ron
Old 07 May 2000, 09:05 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Ron

Some of the special fly stuff zaps the paintwork too. Use a good wax (ie from Wax Wizard) & after every journey, you can just use a water mist sprayer (like for plants) & then wipe off the flies with a cotton towel.
Old 07 May 2000, 11:38 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ron

I await your call on 0800 074 1608

W O W
Old 13 May 2000, 10:04 PM
Mikey Ace
Scooby Regular

Talking

soak some old towles in warm soapy ( hand soap or car shampoo - not washing up liquid) place them over the front of the car, bugger off for a cuppa then 5 mins later wipe off the little critters. This WORKS, it's cheap, and won't bugger the paint. I promise this works, I use this technique to clean my bike and crash helmet too, you can imagine the nuber of flies on a lid after a real cable stretching session.
Old 14 May 2000, 03:06 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Ron,
Went to silverstone yesterday from Cardiff via the cotswolds. Lots of countryside means lots of flies. Scoob looked awful this morning so out came the hose and the sponge and ten minutes later, no flies and nice clean paintwork.
The reason being the car has been regularly waxed with a certain M. Underwoods products which I obviously recommend. Maybe expensive but it really works.Try it.

Cheers
Chip.
Old 14 May 2000, 04:15 PM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Can only back up what Chip says.

I use the Zymol stuff and the fly's just wipe off with the cleaner.
Old 14 May 2000, 09:23 PM
^Gazzer^
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I use a vileda kitchen scourer, designed for non stick pans.
Old 15 May 2000, 08:45 AM
Nick Lines
Scooby Regular

Talking

Another vote for Wax Wizard. I've done the bonnet using their "Subaru wax" and flies came off with the hose and a small wipe. Haven't yet done the bumper with the stuff, and that was a "right ****" (technical term) to get the flies off.

Phone Mark Underwood (details above). The stuff ain't cheap, but I think that it's worth it.
Old 15 May 2000, 03:05 PM
blp
Scooby Regular

Talking

Like gazzer, Kitchen tools do a nice job. Brillo pads are great, or that stuff in a brasso tin. For those really stubbon *******s, get out ye olde black and decker sander.
Still, at least we can sleep with the knowledge that the last thing the fly said to himself when his head was disappering thru his **** was:
"At least its an Impreza :-)"
Old 16 May 2000, 12:40 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mikey Ace,

Thanks for the tip - managed to remove flies from Impreza and Elise with minimum of effort - you're right it really does work. Now any tips for how to avoid wife's wrath at finding two of her best bath towels draped over my car on Sunday afternoon?

Regards,

tiggers
Old 16 May 2000, 05:50 PM
Showtime
Scooby Regular

Er wax Wizard..how 'not cheap' is not cheap ??.

My STi V2 is covered in 'ice rink' design, and I can't get a good shine on it, don't mind paying if it'll bring back the glossy finish.

[This message has been edited by Showtime (edited 16-05-2000).]
Old 16 May 2000, 09:08 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Showtime

Its cheap really as you get around 30 to 40 waxings from a pot! That works out to less than £2 per application and includes wax, towels, detergent free shampoo, multiclean and protector plus all the applicators.

Even less if you use my new MERLIN WAX (easy on and feather dust to an awesome shine). Cant make enough at the moment.

Gaurenteed to make your paintwork sparkle or return goods and we'll refund your dosh!

Cost twixt £50 and £60 including sidc discount and p&p.

If u want me to it for you it will be a pleasure and will be around £150 plus VAT and you'll have a kit in the deal as well.
Old 16 May 2000, 11:11 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Question

sounds like i need some of this stuff to, being a scooby owner for almost 2 whole weeks now ! car needs a good clean.

can you buy wax wizard stuff in the likes of halfords ?

i need to keep the car clean, the flies off ! and my P1 gold alloys gold not the 'orrid black colour they are rapidly becoming

steve
Old 17 May 2000, 02:04 AM
PhilHulse
Scooby Regular

Bloody hell!!!! Just looked at Wax Wizard web site. Need a mortgage just to polish the car now. Is it really that much different than your common or garden Turtle wax(to mention but one)?
Loads of testimonials on this BBS so i suppose it must be good. What is the main difference?

Phil
Old 17 May 2000, 07:17 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Phil

The Wax Wiz does cheaper stuff too. The higher quality waxes are good because of the method that they use in the process of waxing. It's best if you ring Mark & let him explain it.

I used Autoglym on show cars for years, I now use WW stuff. It really is a great product range. I even bought their glass cleaner which is also good. If you've used Autoglym glass cleaner you'll know about the white bits you get all over the place. Well - not with WW stuff! Also using other brands I used to get an allergy thing on my fingers where the petroleum in the Autoglum products messed up my skin. I now even apply Subaru wax with my hands direct onto the car with no bad effects.
Old 17 May 2000, 01:58 PM
Steve Hartland
Scooby Regular

Question

what is the address for the Wax Wizard Web site, just so I can check out their claims etc

Steve