ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Turbocharged Mini

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2000, 12:53 AM
IAN LOVETT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Now I’ve got a Scooby I have to sell my previous road going fun machine, a 1275 turbo charged Mini. I built / developed it over the last 3 years using high quality parts and new panels as an antidote to the boring Peugeot 306 I used during the week.
It makes all the right turbo noises and gives a similar on boost adrenalin rush to the Scooby (though perhaps not quite so intense).
The suspension is adjustable and the running gear has been up-rated to cope with the extra power. (97 bhp may not sound much but in a 625kg car…..) It is reliable and well prepared / serviced. From the outside it looks like a Mini Cooper (complete with chrome over riders and corner bars) but it has sufficient performance to scare the hot hatch boys. There is a little surface rust on the front seams but the rest of the car is perfect including the rear subframe and suspension which is brand-new and fully Waxoyled. My last insurance bill was £155 (Graham Sykes Insurance) fully comp’ with all the modifications detailed.
It cost me more than £4500 to build and has given me a lot of fun. The addition of a roll cage would turn this car into a great sprint / hillclimb machine (I can supply a race seat and Willans harness if desired).
I’m based near Derby and I am happy to email a full spec’ sheet with photo’s on request. If anyone is interested in buying this super little car I will consider all offers around £2000. On a £ per basis it’s a bargin.