ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

'RIP OFF!'

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2000, 06:39 PM
Jase Shipley
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

The price of clear indicators for a MY99 Impreza is ridiculous. ABC Designs quote a RRP of £85.00! I know that they may need to recover their design/tooling costs (and admittedly there are a lot less Imprezas on the road than RS turbos) but I can't help thinking that there are some greedy 'mothers' out there who, because we own £20,000+ cars, think that they can charge what they bloody well like. I for one refuse to line their filthy gypsy pockets and will just have to put up with my clear side repeaters (which also were still too expensive for what they are).

Moan now over; here are some tips:

1. Use a plastic primer when painting the plastic brake cooling ducts since it stops the paint chipping off to reveal the ghastly orange colour!

2. Try Race Glaze polish. It contains the magical carnauba wax ingredient but is a 1/4 of the price of Zymol. Call Auto Detailing Supplies on (01798) 459062 for a free sample of polish.
Old 11 February 2000, 08:07 AM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Jase.

Perhaps you should call your local dealer and find out what the cost of replacing them with OE stuff is!!!!

Stef.
Old 11 February 2000, 09:54 AM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

In their defence (sort of) when I last spoke to ABC Design, they told me that tooling and development costs for a new style of fitting such as the 99MY stuff is about £40,000.!

How true that is I don't know but the figure probably wasn't just plucked from thin air. We sell all of the ABC Design range, all at below their RRP.

Prices and range will go onto our website on the next update.

Mike.
Old 11 February 2000, 07:33 PM
firefox
Scooby Regular

Cool

Howdy...

As ABC said.. these are RRP's.....

The actual cost at which they sell them at is lower.... lets just say for some of their products, they suggest a RRP of 70% more than cost price at which companies buy them for.

When I had my account (until some other company reported me to ABC for not being a car tunning company - perhaps they were threatened of lost business?). I sold them for cost price.

Cheers,

J.

ps - Watch this space... Another Scoob company being born ? maybe... lol