Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Bumper to Bumper Warranty

Old 11 February 2000, 10:35 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drive a Catalunya and have got a P1 on order. Since finding this BBS I have begun to reconsider and am thinking about an import(YELLOW STI VI - wife loves the colour). What is stopping me is 3 things:
1 - Cost - the 'big' importers like Warrender and Park Lane are advertising these for 28-29K, add 17" wheels and the price difference almost dissapears.
2 - The comfort of the bumper to bumper warranty Subaru UK offer. If I were to purchase a new STI from an importer can I expect the same level of after sales service?
What are your guys experiences with getting trivial problems like rattles and squeaks sorted? Will I have to take it back to the original dealer each time?
3 - And that leads on to finding a local dealer - i'm in Essex and would appreciate hearing about and importers in my area - near Grays.
BTW the Cat is for sale - 97 R reg, give me a shout if you want details.
Sorry if this is just going over old ground for you guys.
Old 11 February 2000, 11:03 AM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Cool

Chuckster,

Welcome aboard - funnily enough I live in Linford, but have never seen you in the area.

Try Grange Park Motors on the A13 just before Chalkwell Park - large selection of imports and some other guys here have used them with no problems.
Old 11 February 2000, 01:58 PM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Talking

Txs alot for the reply, I have been past there but have only seen older cars in - I suppose I should use some initiative and actually ask them if they can source new/nearly new cars to order - to tell the truth car dealers scare me with the industries reputation, still having just bought double glazing I think I've had exposure to the worst salepeople have to offer - the P1 is the easy option as don't have to haggle - don't even have the option - that'll be 31,495 plus stereo thank-you very much.

You probably don't see us round much as spend most weekends either tripping around the south coast or stuck in Lakeside carpark whilst the missus gets her shopping fix.
Old 11 February 2000, 05:26 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Cool

Aaaaahhhhh P1.....£31,495 + stereo - on the confirmed order list and witing patiently

Plus 18 inch wheels plus ProDrive 40BHP upgrade plus matching luggage set

Ho-Hum it's only money

Yex - soon to be skint but very happy