Thieving B'stards?

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2000, 12:28 AM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Joshua

Have noticed your 'up north' attitude growing more predominant, Well you certainly call me all sorts of names with a mixture of 'ooop' 'north' and various unprintable expletives.

You can buy these fake scoops ( see Redline , Fast Car etc etc £80 to you guv ! )

Old 10 February 2000, 10:28 AM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Angry

Saw a couple of cap-wearing hooligans driving a beaten up old 105 on the way to Northampton yesterday......with a Scoob air-scoop!

They hadn't even bothered to repaint it to match their heap of s**t.

I know that this is nothing new to owners in some areas up north, but it's an alarming deveopment for this part of the world.

Anyone had a similar problem in the Beds/Bucks/Northants area? I suppose I'll have to start putting the car away again.

Josh

Old 10 February 2000, 10:30 AM
bobn3
Scooby Regular

How did you know they nicked it?
Old 10 February 2000, 01:04 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

One of my brothers mate's has one on his little Nove GSi. I was actually quite flattered once I found out that a friend of his works for a company how make fibreglass moldings.

I've heard lots of rumours that cars are getting the scoops nicked, but at least around my area someone is making illegal copies of them.
Old 11 February 2000, 01:24 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Smile

I had mine vandalised/broken ages ago during the spate in Aberdeen - I still haven't had the (red) replacement sprayed Anyway when then car was parked in town last year came back to it - to discover a love note from a red 5dr (P685 BSS) parked nearby asking me if I was a thieving runt[1] and could I prove the legitimacy of me scoop.

Over a coffee my drinking companion and I wrote back a note, saying everything is legit and then put in a plug for the SIDC and giving the club's website address!!

Bobn3: They stand on the bonnet feet parallel to the front and back [2] of the scoop and up directly up, mostly breaking the scooby

[1] Not quite, but it rhymes.
[2] As shown by the muddy footprints on the bonnet.
Old 11 February 2000, 02:23 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Angry

With reference to some of the above replies:-

First of all I don't know that it was stolen, hence Thieving B'stards?. Maybe I'm just a little prejudiced having my previous cars nicked with monotonous regularity. However, the scoop was in Scoob red (like mine) and the Pug was a completly different shade of red/rust.

With regard to the North/South bit, I was simply refering to the fact that I recalled several members from the North of England and from Scotland, posting comments about this practice in the past.Despite the wink, Neil should know better.

I am simply concerned that the backward cap wearing F**kwets in the local community may have developed a new hobby. If so, I'd like to know about it.

Josh