ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Anyone used autodoc?

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2018, 12:15 AM
hackisfun
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone used autodoc?

Prices are mega cheap. Have eibachbpro street s coilovers listed at well under £1000 whereas most looking 1200+

also forms them on this site a lot cheaper too
https://www.tuningteiletotal.com/store/index.html?tmp=productDetails&pId=225740.DK.PSS65-77-001-04-22.IMPREZA-GD-GG-25-TURBO-STI
Old 24 October 2018, 03:27 AM
Croney
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have orderd coil springs from them before for the 5 series, and had no problems, came correct well packed and on time ect, iv been looking at the price of thier kyb ultra sr shocks aswell and they are also very cheap
Old 24 October 2018, 09:21 AM
hackisfun
Scooby Regular

Yeah .. just double checked and autodoc accept paypal. So least ive got payment protection and price over standard is 24% off so can pick them up for £916.
Old 24 October 2018, 03:52 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

I've also ordered from them before without issue.
Old 24 October 2018, 04:15 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

only issue you may have is if you need any warranty support??

a UK seller will have the official backing of the UK importer and hence direct factory support
Old 24 October 2018, 05:38 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Come on... It's a large German company who offer similar product warranties as everyone else in the EU.

​​​​​
Old 24 October 2018, 07:31 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Not the best reviews
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.autodoc.co.uk

https://www.reviews.co.uk/company-reviews/store/autodoc-co-uk-

Last edited by ossett2k2; 24 October 2018 at 07:36 PM.
Old 24 October 2018, 08:53 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Yeah it's a bit odd.. I googled them quickly too, and eg on overclockers there was a thread about them that got swamped by new users with one post each, all about how rubbish autodoc was... Now the question I'm asking myself is if it is likely that new users would register on overclockers just to post that one post and then run away.

Answer: no, it's bots, so someone has an axe to grind about auto doc, so I wouldn't necessarily trust the trust pilot reviews either due to this (it's trivial to post good / bad reviews en masse).

Having said that, perhaps they are terrible at everything, and I and some others just got lucky
Old 25 October 2018, 08:33 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by Henrik
Come on... It's a large German company who offer similar product warranties as everyone else in the EU.

​​​​​
have been told if you require Warranty it would have to be returned through the original seller...........gonna be a pain to post back to Germany.......
Old 25 October 2018, 02:12 PM
Croney
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah warranty could be a pain to return. When I deciede on either pedders or eibach coilovers I will be buying from As perfrormance, then I now I can return there or an easy phone call. Sorry if this is off topic a little but does anyobe know which are more firm, pedders or eibach pro, Im worried pedders might be a little soft
Old 07 November 2018, 06:41 PM
hackisfun
Scooby Regular

Well I though I'd provide an update.

When ordered show in stock then via echat told would take 3-5 days to reach them from suppliers

Got a call and then an email from an Indian person with very broken English. Stating that they cannot deliver ANY bulky goods to the UK and a coilover kit falls into this category. After doing some deep digging into their T&C they offer deliver charges to literally every EU country except GB (probably to cheap/issue with customs across the channel in comparison to normal road freight)

I demanded a refund and they tried to convince me they will look at "individual parts" I was like ETF 4 shocks+ springs = save overall volume as a set (probably more) and then 4 shipping costs. So they had no clue at all. thankfully I paid via paypal as I had 2 cancellation emails one stating will be refunded, the next 4 hours later indicating id be getting an account credit instead of a refund. So I immediately raised a paypal dispute and escalated it. Thankfully this prompted a refund which ive received in the last hour.

I've now replaced an order with an alternative German retailer for the same product, although costing £100 more but they have clear T&C showing UK deliver and all outer EU countries FOC if order over 750Euro and £195 cheaper than ASP could offer.

The site in question is www.tunershop.co.uk

One thing I notice that would catch a lot of people out, the site allows for Euro and GBP. However the conversion is ****, pretty much 1:0.99. However just do the checkout process in euro and let paypal/card issuer do the conversion and u save a fortune.

The item was £1203.10 euro or in GBP £1179 the transaction now completed on my bank is £1050
Old 07 November 2018, 06:50 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by hackisfun
Well I though I'd provide an update.

When ordered show in stock then via echat told would take 3-5 days to reach them from suppliers

Got a call and then an email from an Indian person with very broken English. Stating that they cannot deliver ANY bulky goods to the UK and a coilover kit falls into this category. After doing some deep digging into their T&C they offer deliver charges to literally every EU country except GB (probably to cheap/issue with customs across the channel in comparison to normal road freight)

I demanded a refund and they tried to convince me they will look at "individual parts" I was like ETF 4 shocks+ springs = save overall volume as a set (probably more) and then 4 shipping costs. So they had no clue at all. thankfully I paid via paypal as I had 2 cancellation emails one stating will be refunded, the next 4 hours later indicating id be getting an account credit instead of a refund. So I immediately raised a paypal dispute and escalated it. Thankfully this prompted a refund which ive received in the last hour.

I've now replaced an order with an alternative German retailer for the same product, although costing £100 more but they have clear T&C showing UK deliver and all outer EU countries FOC if order over 750Euro and £195 cheaper than ASP could offer.

The site in question is www.tunershop.co.uk

One thing I notice that would catch a lot of people out, the site allows for Euro and GBP. However the conversion is ****, pretty much 1:0.99. However just do the checkout process in euro and let paypal/card issuer do the conversion and u save a fortune.

The item was £1203.10 euro or in GBP £1179 the transaction now completed on my bank is £1050
Well unfortunately you were warned and Alyn still has a valid point and his service is second to none.
Old 07 November 2018, 06:59 PM
hackisfun
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 1509joe
Well unfortunately you were warned and Alyn still has a valid point and his service is second to none.
I wasn't exactly warned, I seen some bad reviews and some good. No1 directly warned me off. The price they were offering was worth the risk, has caused some delay but no big issue.

Alyn is a top guy picked my deliver up of whiteline top mounts, camber bolts, subframe locking bolts, F&R droplinks and TGV and throttle body gaskets.
Old 07 November 2018, 07:16 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

I sort of fell into the trap a couple of times but not due to the price but because the items weren't available here so ordered from America. Well to cut a long story short never again cause if things go wrong you have to send the items back and it all becomes very expensive. Then the cheeky *******s try to hit you again with import duties. They would have to be considerably cheaper for me to even think about buying of to good to believe websites.
Old 08 November 2018, 11:53 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

If you don’t use PayPal always pay with credit card and not bank card.
youll get more protection and if you don’t like credit cards you can pay it off instantly with no fees.
Old 09 November 2018, 07:15 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Wow, that's crazy, hackisfun!

Glad that it got sorted in the end.

​​​​
Old 09 November 2018, 02:11 PM
hackisfun
Scooby Regular

Email received from tunershop.co.uk and from UPS - Deliver tracking and scheduled delivery date of 14th November
Old 15 December 2019, 09:17 PM
Dan Messens
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autodoc, nothing but troubles.

Very disappointed in Autodoc. For second time without notice the brakes that I ordered where replaced by Stark Band which I hate due to bad experience because of very bad quality. Had to pay 15.50 euro transport cost out of my own pocket to send back the Stark parts while Autodoc made the mistake in sending them to me without warning. This is not how you handle with your customers. At least have the honesty to pay back this cost in place of giving a 3% extra reduction. This way I am forced to order more than 500 euro parts before my shipping costs are paid back.

Last edited by Dan Messens; 15 December 2019 at 09:18 PM.
Old 23 December 2019, 10:03 AM
Discover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a complete set of KYB suspension for a WRX hawk on a Friday afternoon, it was delivered well packaged first thing Monday morning.