Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
View Poll Results: How you feel leaving your Impreza with a garage?
Won't let my Impreza out of my sight
26.47%
Trust people i leave my car with
63.24%
Don't really think about it
5.88%
I don't really care
4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

How you feel leaving your Impreza with a garage?

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2018, 09:47 PM
Dreep
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts

How can you not trust ANY garage at all without having had prior experience with all of them ? Also what is it that you dont trust about them ? Some places are good, others are bad. It's the same in every industry / profession. Do your research and pick wisely. Build a relationship with whomever is working on your car, it might put you at ease.
Old 01 December 2018, 11:59 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

As stated at being of thread, most garages I've used haven't left me good reason to trust them. Had to leave my car for a few hours with a spraying company, wasn't happy about it as the sprayer told me about his experience driving customers brand new Focus RS.

Only have one place i trust but he's retiring and abit slap dash. Even Scoobyclinc who alot of people on here praise, got bad press after ragging a customers car.

If my car was a normally car then wouldn't be bothered, but its a Scooby and more likely to attract the wrong attention.

Originally Posted by Dreep
How can you not trust ANY garage at all without having had prior experience with all of them ? Also what is it that you dont trust about them ? Some places are good, others are bad. It's the same in every industry / profession. Do your research and pick wisely. Build a relationship with whomever is working on your car, it might put you at ease.
Old 06 December 2018, 07:38 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MNA24
I have dash cam as a set of eyes for when i'm not around my WRX. I have it wired into the fusebox with all wires hidden away, it's compact and is obscured from the drivers view as its behind the rear view mirror. Everytime the ignition is on it will start recording and it also has a parking monitor mode which will turn the camera on and start recording for 1 minute if it detects any bumps or vibrations. It also records GPS speed and location. The parking monitor can record up to half and hour of video as it has an internal battery. I also set the camera so the screen times out after 10 seconds and all sounds are off so it's quite stealthy and doesn't attract any attention.

I did have a dashcam in my wife's car when it went in for a service and MOT which wasn't hardwired and it was unplugged out of the cigarette lighter socket which i only noticed upon getting the car home but the parking monitor mode still recorded a few clips. Not the reason I purchased a dashcam, but useful nonetheless in situations where i leave the car in the hands of others.
Could you tell me what make this dashcam you have is please, I'm looking to get something nice and discreet like this for my daughters car.#

Edit - never mind, I've found your installation thread

Last edited by urban; 06 December 2018 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Found what I need
Old 06 December 2018, 03:25 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Lol i was about to say he has an installation thread.
Old 06 December 2018, 04:19 PM
iceicebaby1980
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My car gets left at cams at Darwen as brian looks after my car . Just had full suspension set up and new tyres fitted at chevron . Both garages have good reputations wouldn't hesitate using both again in the near future
Old 04 January 2019, 01:51 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Should do a project thread myself. As going have a fair bit of work done this year. The parts are stacking up.