New member seeking help

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2018, 08:59 PM
E_KEL95
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member seeking help

As per title new member here,

I'm in the market for a classic shaped impreza, I've been looking online for months and months to the point where I've myself confused about them!

just wondering could someone give me a quick run down of a v4 v5 and v6 limiteds? Is it just minor exterior changes in them ?

also the old P1 vs type r debate seen the thread from a few years ago on this is it still the same opinion that the type r is the better of the 2 because of the added extras it has ?

the car I'm wanting will be 100% a summer car so nooo winter or bad weather driving so would I be right in saying that the dccd that comes in a type r wouldn't really benefit me in any way ? Thus leading me towards a P1?

Thanks in advance guys and sorry for this more than likely duplicates thread but as these cars have started to go up in money I just want to make sure I've got all the correct information.
Old 17 August 2018, 09:05 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

All depends on your budget.
Old 17 August 2018, 09:33 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

i was on your positions a few months ago. genuinely good or excellent cars are very rare. In my view the P1 is overpriced for what it is. A type R is a much better car imho but at the moment, unless you have a particularly clean or rare one, they aren't generally attracting the prices of the rare P1..'at the moment'...
Budget is obviously the big factor, but the asking prices and condition are the cars i viewed was everywhere.
Old 05 September 2018, 02:09 PM
E_KEL95
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by funkyrimpler
i was on your positions a few months ago. genuinely good or excellent cars are very rare. In my view the P1 is overpriced for what it is. A type R is a much better car imho but at the moment, unless you have a particularly clean or rare one, they aren't generally attracting the prices of the rare P1..'at the moment'...
Budget is obviously the big factor, but the asking prices and condition are the cars i viewed was everywhere.
Only getting back to this now, I've no set budget as i'm willing to pay for the right car for me. I see what you mean by asking prices there all over the place! Biggest factors for me is it MUST be sonic blue as it's the only colour for a classic impreza imo. I like the rarity factor and the looks of a P1 but nearly all pf them have seen a few winters of driving meaning rust could be a big factor on them thats why im leaning towards a fresh jap import.
Heard that these can be quite a firm ride though due to suspension ? Also do they need mapped to run on UK fuel with it being a different grade? Also whats the tuning like on them , what sort of power could be had from one with a decent exhaust system and remap ?
Old 05 September 2018, 03:35 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Look for a nice limited version on fresh import,or if you're brave import one yourself.
Pretty sure pete1964 paid top money for his recent car(Have a search for his pics/threads) but it looks like a stunning example of a limited in the blue,and 99% as from the factory(1% being the ecu and remap on uk fuel)
My money would be on something exactly like this or very similar.
saying that.....everyone knows the white cars are the best

Last edited by ossett2k2; 05 September 2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05 September 2018, 05:17 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

I believe reddish blue is the best colour for a classic.