Hello...Scooby Newbie Here - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Hello...Scooby Newbie Here

Reply

 
 
 
Old 12 August 2018, 01:11 PM
  #1  
Panda15
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 28
Default Hello...Scooby Newbie Here

Hi All, so after owning a Honda Civic Type R FN2 for a while i had been on the lookout for an Impreza STI blobeye as I always wanted one as I was growing up. I finally found one and took delivery last week. So wanted to join the forum and say howdy.

Im based in the midlands and have an 04 Blobeye STI with mods that include black BBS wheels, exhaust, larger radiator, launch control, zensport grille and uprated fuel pump and love it.

I dont plan on doing much more have just added a clifford alarm and have purchased some pro sport boost and oil temp gauges to be mounted to the A-pillar.
Panda15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2018, 01:30 PM
  #2  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 6,636
Default

Welcome, get some pics up when you can.

has the car been mapped? If so who buy?

if your looking for a good specialist I highly recommend thwaites in Warwick. Get your car on the dyno to see if everything is ok is my advice and always use 99 Ron fuel like she'll v-power
the shreksta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2018, 01:53 PM
  #3  
Panda15
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 28
Default

Hi Shreksta will deffo get some pics up was planning on doing that this afternoon but the weather has been terrible. It is mapped to 350BHP but I have no receipts for whom has done the work although I have a dyno readout from 2012 from 'Wallace Performance Limited' and there are shed loads of receipts from a company called 'Pole Position' based in Wolverhampton.

I am its fourth owner but I think the previous owner was from the midlands too, weirdly as I bought the car from a company near slough!

Thanks for the advice, will deffo check them out, I am booked into Arden Bridge Services to get the gauges fitted as speaking to them on the phone they really seem to know their stuff!

Got caught out on the fuel, my honda is mapped for 95RON and I thought that the Super Unleaded was all 99RON so when I picked up the car and it was near empty I fueled up at a BP and they only had 97RON...my route to and from work will now include the passing of a Shell garage haha!
Panda15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2018, 02:18 PM
  #4  
rossyboy
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
rossyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Flying the Flag for the GC8A
Posts: 3,936
Default

Tesco Momentum is just as good and cheaper.
rossyboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2018, 02:32 PM
  #5  
ZANY
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: ....
Posts: 5,122
Default

Welcome looking forward to some pics

ďJust asĒ is not good enough for some..

Iíve always stuck to shell v power on All impreza s owned



ZANY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2018, 02:39 PM
  #6  
Panda15
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 28
Default

Thanks for the advice guys, here is a link to the advert which contains some photos of my new car. I must admit I did some homework but am a little nervous because I fell in love with the car and just going for a look turned into me putting a deposit down and buying it!

Car seems to drive fine, have a slight knocking noise when driving at slow speeds like when turning onto my drive but have taken that to be the suspension has the car is on coilovers and was slammed (i raised them 15mm this week to be able to get onto my drive without scraping the aftermarket skirt)
Panda15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2018, 02:53 PM
  #7  
rossyboy
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
rossyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Flying the Flag for the GC8A
Posts: 3,936
Default

Originally Posted by ZANY View Post
Welcome looking forward to some pics

ďJust asĒ is not good enough for some..

Iíve always stuck to shell v power on All impreza s owned



Iím running two at the moment. One has a 25 year old engine mapped to 1.5 bar and the other is mapped to 1.6 bar. The 25 year old one has a knock link and knock detection through the Apexi ECU... never a flicker.

Been using momentum for as long as itís been available and Iím very happy. People can spend more if they like, thatís up to them.
rossyboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2018, 03:25 PM
  #8  
Binny
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Rushden, Northants
Posts: 117
Default

Originally Posted by Panda15 View Post
Hi All, so after owning a Honda Civic Type R FN2 for a while i had been on the lookout for an Impreza STI blobeye as I always wanted one as I was growing up. I finally found one and took delivery last week. So wanted to join the forum and say howdy.

Im based in the midlands and have an 04 Blobeye STI with mods that include black BBS wheels, exhaust, larger radiator, launch control, zensport grille and uprated fuel pump and love it.

I dont plan on doing much more have just added a clifford alarm and have purchased some pro sport boost and oil temp gauges to be mounted to the A-pillar.
Hello and welcome.

What Clifford alarm did you go for? Thoughts on it so far? Finally where from and who fitted it? Thanks.

Binny

Ps. I had a EP3 for a few years. GREAT car IMO, shame to have sold it tbh but loved owning it.

Last edited by Binny; 12 August 2018 at 03:26 PM.
Binny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2018, 05:06 PM
  #9  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 6,636
Default

Originally Posted by Panda15 View Post
Hi Shreksta will deffo get some pics up was planning on doing that this afternoon but the weather has been terrible. It is mapped to 350BHP but I have no receipts for whom has done the work although I have a dyno readout from 2012 from 'Wallace Performance Limited' and there are shed loads of receipts from a company called 'Pole Position' based in Wolverhampton.

I am its fourth owner but I think the previous owner was from the midlands too, weirdly as I bought the car from a company near slough!

Thanks for the advice, will deffo check them out, I am booked into Arden Bridge Services to get the gauges fitted as speaking to them on the phone they really seem to know their stuff!

Got caught out on the fuel, my honda is mapped for 95RON and I thought that the Super Unleaded was all 99RON so when I picked up the car and it was near empty I fueled up at a BP and they only had 97RON...my route to and from work will now include the passing of a Shell garage haha!
pole position are well respected mate, drop in and see if they can shed any light on who mapped it. i think they use andy carr for there mapping

http://www.teamcarr.net/

car looks great mate, blob is about the best shape in my opinion.

the shreksta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2018, 05:27 PM
  #10  
sti_approved
Scooby Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dudley
Posts: 28
Default

Welcome, I live Dudley and always used RCM, but been using Pole Position for few years now, couldn't recommend them enough, they are great.
sti_approved is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2018, 11:06 PM
  #11  
Panda15
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by Binny View Post


Hello and welcome.

What Clifford alarm did you go for? Thoughts on it so far? Finally where from and who fitted it? Thanks.

Binny

Ps. I had a EP3 for a few years. GREAT car IMO, shame to have sold it tbh but loved owning it.
Hi Binny,

I went for the Concept 650 it comes with Blackjacks (you basically have to enter in a pin every time you drive/door is opened or it cuts the fuel), proximity sensor and the installer tweaked it to include a 'turbo timer' when the car is armed and I pull the key out, it stays running for about 30 seconds to let the oil run through the turbo. I have always had Clifford's fitted to my cars and have one on my Type R, cant recommend them enough they are pricey but they are worth it for the piece of mind.

As I am based in Birmingham, I went onto the Clifford website and searched for their approved installers that are close to me and in the end went with Motorite alarms and Audio https://www.alarmsandaudio.com Cost me £650 to install the alarm, rip out the old sigma and I they were great, offered me sound advise and came to my workplace to install
Panda15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2018, 11:12 PM
  #12  
Panda15
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
pole position are well respected mate, drop in and see if they can shed any light on who mapped it. i think they use andy carr for there mapping

http://www.teamcarr.net/

car looks great mate, blob is about the best shape in my opinion.
Thanks bud, am hoping the internals are just as good. I agree with you fell in love with the blob eye and as soon as I drove it I wanted it haha. Will deffo make a trip to Pole Position at some point weirdly I think one of my Ice Hockey team mates knows the owner or one of the guys that works there...such a small world
Panda15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 08:53 AM
  #13  
Binny
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Rushden, Northants
Posts: 117
Default

Originally Posted by Panda15 View Post
Hi Binny,

I went for the Concept 650 it comes with Blackjacks (you basically have to enter in a pin every time you drive/door is opened or it cuts the fuel), proximity sensor and the installer tweaked it to include a 'turbo timer' when the car is armed and I pull the key out, it stays running for about 30 seconds to let the oil run through the turbo. I have always had Clifford's fitted to my cars and have one on my Type R, cant recommend them enough they are pricey but they are worth it for the piece of mind.

As I am based in Birmingham, I went onto the Clifford website and searched for their approved installers that are close to me and in the end went with Motorite alarms and Audiohttps://www.alarmsandaudio.com Cost me £650 to install the alarm, rip out the old sigma and I they were great, offered me sound advise and came to my workplace to install
Thanks for the info, Iíll look into them.

Binny
Binny is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Lynn46
ScoobyNet General
12
05 January 2007 11:19 PM
flynnstudio
ScoobyNet General
15
03 January 2006 10:42 AM
Shy Muppet
The Muppet Room
11
30 September 2004 11:05 AM
Neverguess
The Muppet Room
15
28 February 2004 09:07 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello...Scooby Newbie Here


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.