ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Hello from future owner

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2018, 04:22 PM
LEGO Batman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from future owner

Hello, I have come to that point where I can no longer put off purchasing an Impreza. While not the oldest member I am possibly more senior than I would care to admit, I have always wanted and liked the Impreza with the exception of the recent hatch design which I'm not sure will ever grow on me.

Current situation is I have a lovely work horse provided through work for the day to day activities. I also have an RX-8 in the garage as a bit of fun for the weekend (waits for the oil and rotary comments) this car is great and for the last few years has been great fun, its loud, revs like billy'o and handles like a dream, it is not however what I really wanted. For my larger than average frame its squeeze for long trips and although has 4 seats, 4 "proper" doors are now preferred with a little one running around.

Always try to purchase cars through forums as you can generally get an idea of its history and the owner, also generally it will be an enthusiast. Looking to have around £5k to spend at the end of the summer so thought I would join to do my homework, do not have a particular model or year in mind will just see what I can get bang for buck wise when looking. If I can have some reasonable acceleration and suitable noise to accompany it I will be happy. I will look to get a good base and go from there. With the RX I am used to high tax, fuel etc, although having been driving for a while insurance isn't too bad. The Mazda is very limiting as to modification power wise.

I have been on forums for longer than I can remember so know to search first ask questions later ! I just wanted to say high before I take to the shadows and loom while taking it all in. Might be nice to attend some meets to get some more knowledge before committing, only if the Mazda would be welcome...

Well that's a little about me, Hi and look forward to hearing advice and tips as to what the best way forward for me.

Did look for buyers guide, understand with many models and generations it may not be that clear cut.<br /><br />