ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Any WR1 owners club members?

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2017, 01:46 AM
Paulgeorge01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Any WR1 owners club members?

Sorry but a little of topic here on the WR1 owners club. Hope it's ok to post this content on Scoobynet but am a little stuck & not sure how to go about solving this problem. If I am not supposed to post this content about another forum on here then I apologise in advance but thought there would be a few WR1 owners club members on here.

I have been a Subaru enthusiast for many years. I presently own 3 of them, one being a WR1 number 427 with only 37k on the clock,very nice too!!!
I purchased it on 31.05.17. Since then I have been trying to join the WR1 owner’s forum with no success. Is anyone able to please help me out by pointing me in the right direction how to gain access to join? Here is where I am to date.

I went through the registration process on 16.6.17. & received the following email.

Your account has been created. However, this board requires account activation by the administrator group. An e-mail has been sent to them and you will be informed when your account has been activated.

I have never received that email. When I tried to go through the registration process again with a new user name I receive an error message stating that this email address is already in use due to my previous application. So now am in a catch 22 situationas can’t contact the administrator as haven’t been accepted yet & can’t re-register with another username as the forum system has picked up my email address is already in use. I don’t want to register with another email address either.

When I try & log in with my original username & password together I get this other message.

The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator.

Dead end again!!! I can access the forum to read only at his time but can’t get access to email the administrator’s.

My user name I registered onthe site with was Paulgeorge01. Same as my Scoobynet name.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Paul
Old 21 November 2017, 05:40 PM
Willowsdad
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

To be honest the forum is dead anyway. Apparently there’s more action on the Facebook page. If I remember correctly, I waited over a week to be approved. There’s so much spam going on there lately, maybe admin have just stopped bothering.
Old 22 November 2017, 05:28 PM
Paulgeorge01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Willowsdad
To be honest the forum is dead anyway. Apparently there’s more action on the Facebook page. If I remember correctly, I waited over a week to be approved. There’s so much spam going on there lately, maybe admin have just stopped bothering.

Thanks for letting me know Willows, much appreciated.

That's a shame.

Don't do Facebook as think it can become too intrusive on your life but that's just me probably being old fashioned.

You don't happen to know of any other descent Wr1 owners sites outwith Facebook?

Cheers Paul
Old 23 November 2017, 08:45 AM
Willowsdad
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don’t do Facebook either. Leave that to the other half. No other wr1 specific sites that I know of. I just go on here and the local forum for advice etc.
Old 23 November 2017, 05:28 PM
maxwr1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently bought another wr1, had one a couple of years back and had to sell it and the forum was a good place for information and help but now it has from what I can see had the lights turned off. Shame that everybody has gone to Facebook
Old 23 November 2017, 05:47 PM
Paulgeorge01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Willowsdad
I don’t do Facebook either. Leave that to the other half. No other wr1 specific sites that I know of. I just go on here and the local forum for advice etc.

Thanks for the replies Willows

Cheers Paul .
Old 23 November 2017, 05:51 PM
Paulgeorge01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by maxwr1
I recently bought another wr1, had one a couple of years back and had to sell it and the forum was a good place for information and help but now it has from what I can see had the lights turned off. Shame that everybody has gone to Facebook

Very true Max. Enjoy & all the best with the new WR1.

Cheers Paul