Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

JEM Subaru

Old 13 October 2017, 10:41 AM
David26
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JEM Subaru

Any of you guys had any experience with these guys? They are based on edgeware road in London which is right near where I work so would be handy if they are any good for services etc..
Can only find 2 reviews online... 1 being good and the other slagging them off.

Thanks for any help 👍
Old 13 October 2017, 11:43 AM
rickybobby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know someone who works in Edgeware that has a hawkeye and he doesn't go there. Not sure why so I'll ask him and report back.
Old 13 October 2017, 01:15 PM
David26
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rickybobby
I know someone who works in Edgeware that has a hawkeye and he doesn't go there. Not sure why so I'll ask him and report back.
Please do... Cheers 👍
Old 14 October 2017, 07:34 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

i work locally i have not been aware of any issues
Old 16 October 2017, 09:21 PM
Ben88
Scooby Newbie

yeah they're ok, I used them for about two years for my servicing. They do fixed price servicing which is handy so you know how much to pay. They have a waiting room upstairs so you can see what's been done to your car and hear the lovely rumble of your scooby pulling in and out of their garage 👍
Old 23 October 2017, 01:23 PM
t79boy
Scooby Regular

Normally I wouldn't comment on things like this but I feel compelled to . Back in the day when I was younger and more stupid and getting my impresa serviced by main dealers I took it to JEM..... car gave an low engine oil alarm 1 mile down the road , I took it back and they argued with me.... bought some engine oil from local garage.... and took it to another mechanic who said nothing had been changed as far as he could tell.... sparks and oil filter were both old.... obviously not been back since......
Old 31 July 2019, 08:24 PM
jonas7911
Scooby Newbie

Default Jem Subaru OK ONLY IF you take things for granted and was born with a silver spoon

Originally Posted by Ben88
yeah they're ok, I used them for about two years for my servicing. They do fixed price servicing which is handy so you know how much to pay. They have a waiting room upstairs so you can see what's been done to your car and hear the lovely rumble of your scooby pulling in and out of their garage 👍
I have been going there for 3 years and decided to change when things went from bad to worse.

You will certainly be duped by the window show, free coffee, occasionally free car wash, only so they do what they did to me:
1/ my coolant gauge always was on half, after the repairs it has turned to 2/3 and they say OK, I have no other grounds to think of but they fitted the chinese/non-original parts, Subaru manula does not say 2/3 gauge reading is OK;
2/ the way they repair - you come to them for one small fault, but then they start inflating and if you say just please get on with the fault I came for, Jem Subaru will say NO they need to keep changing the parts and continue trouble shooting while you keeping shelling out more and more.

If you decide to say no i want to take my car elsewhere Jem Subaru will charge you for the non-repaired car for investigation or you may save your pocket and forget about them if you do the way I did, see below.

At my final visit to Jem Subaru when again they started their game 'first change that, then that, then we continue troubleshooting, on and on, as we can not tell you just yet what is wrong with the car' I said no James, the manager, at Jem Subaru, whilst AUDIO RECORDING. Only then James kindly asked me to leave the garage immediately and not require to pay for the investigation. I was lucky that I audio recorded after the bill estimate was kicking off at £1000 mark for a start. They claim they fit the original parts, but if the water gauge did not show as per Subaru manual straight after the coolant t-stat replaced when Jem Subaru OK'ed and after I was alerted to take to the garage in the first instance because of the t-stat high gauge reading, it can not be a well done job with the original parts for sure.

For authenticity of this post and so Jem Subaru is alerted theirs ex-clients will go and talk in public whenver they fail to public and it is a real client they may verify by the car number plate so they need to change one day - I am your ex-client and MY REG NO PLATE is RO06AEM.

Many thanks to you all who make yourself heard and make the likes of Jem subaru change theirs habits.
Old 01 August 2019, 10:37 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

2 years too late.

Search this Thread