ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Big up for Paisley Freight

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2017, 10:25 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts
Default Big up for Paisley Freight

So after UPS tried to charge me £20 extra as my parcel was slightly bigger than I'd put down. And there measurements were out. I was abit more cautious.

About a month later I booked a few things though Paisley Freight, and noticed I got one of parcels abit wrong on size.

I contacted Paisley Freight and they updated parcel and said not too worry about it lol that's kind of service you want.
Old 10 October 2017, 10:29 AM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

These delivery companies are a joke, if they say ur dimensions are out u don't have a leg to stand on, Basicly what they say goes I mean I had issues before with certain company's where I know everything Was correct but thy said other wise so bang we want another £20 £25 to cover it and unless u have photographic evedence to show size and weight there is nothing u can do. Bunch of clowns !
Old 10 October 2017, 07:27 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

That's because parsley use APC and they have a fixed price 'upto' a certain size and 'upto' a certain weight.
Old 10 October 2017, 07:29 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Most big companies charge for size as in space etc on vans as it's taking valuable room so hence more, the smaller companies use more of 'upto' size n weight prices.
Old 10 October 2017, 07:41 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Any awkward sizes/heavy items I always use Paisley - but it isn't always the same carrier.....
Old 10 October 2017, 07:56 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Nope I put the correct measurements into there website and came up a few pound extra. Most companies would have made a fuss over that.

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
That's because parsley use APC and they have a fixed price 'upto' a certain size and 'upto' a certain weight.
Old 10 October 2017, 09:35 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Nope I put the correct measurements into there website and came up a few pound extra. Most companies would have made a fuss over that.
That's because it's their way of making money of course via the generator, if it cost them more to resize your parcel then they would of done, but as said they will get a fixed price of 'upto' parcels.
Parsley is NOT a courier, but a middle agent, so they get deals with carriers.

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 10 October 2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11 October 2017, 10:36 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Nope I booked the UPS parcel though parceltogo. UPS contacted parceltogo and trying to charge them a extra £20 which they tried to pass on to me. But once confronted UPS dropped it,

That's because it's their way of making money of course via the generator, if it cost them more to resize your parcel then they would of done, but as said they will get a fixed price of 'upto' parcels.
Parsley is NOT a courier, but a middle agent, so they get deals with carriers.
Old 22 May 2018, 12:20 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Well it's happened again. This time UPS though interparcel. Want £50 extra as they say my parcel is a few cm longer than I said.
Old 22 May 2018, 04:17 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Was your parcel measurements wrong again?
Old 22 May 2018, 04:33 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Nope. Just need to prove it now. I asked for pictures of my parcel being bigger than i had measured. They said UPS doesn't take photo's and they need nothing to support there claim as they have the latest in lazer scanning device or something like that.

Well i have a tape measure

Its just crazy £50 extra, even if it was out.

Last edited by jaygsi; 22 May 2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 22 May 2018, 04:35 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Sure he's always a wee bit short
Old 22 May 2018, 06:44 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Nope. Just need to prove it now. I asked for pictures of my parcel being bigger than i had measured. They said UPS doesn't take photo's and they need nothing to support there claim as they have the latest in lazer scanning device or something like that.

Well i have a tape measure

Its just crazy £50 extra, even if it was out.
Tbf I can't understand why somebody will actually go to the lengths of stopping parcel, rechecking it, and then having someone contact sender to regards to incorrect measurements.
This takes a bit of time out and a separate member of staff to investigate 'if it wasn't correct'.
We work on this ethos and our machine weighs parcels upon processing, but we don't have a laser measuring device, the workers just look at screen and if parcels looks out of size by the eye then they just remeasure it and input correct dimensions and the sender just gets recharged. We don't stop or delay the parcel. If parcel has been over measured or overweighted then the sender get recharged again to the correct fee.
Is your parcel going abroad by any chance?
Old 22 May 2018, 06:47 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

And tbf I use ups for all my higher value item and have never once been contacted regarding my parcel for over 15 years or so. Mind sometimes I won't send owt for ages and then may use them regularly for a bit then go quiet again.
Something your not doing correctly, or buy a new tape measure lol.
Old 22 May 2018, 06:59 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

It's been delivered weeks ago. It was sent to the UK.

Do you work at a courier place? I could understand if it was way out. Put I always add extra length on every parcel I ever send just to cover my self. Even weight just incase the bathroom scales are out

Tbf I can't understand why somebody will actually go to the lengths of stopping parcel, rechecking it, and then having someone contact sender to regards to incorrect measurements.
This takes a bit of time out and a separate member of staff to investigate 'if it wasn't correct'.
We work on this ethos and our machine weighs parcels upon processing, but we don't have a laser measuring device, the workers just look at screen and if parcels looks out of size by the eye then they just remeasure it and input correct dimensions and the sender just gets recharged. We don't stop or delay the parcel. If parcel has been over measured or overweighted then the sender get recharged again to the correct fee.
Is your parcel going abroad by any chance?
Old 22 May 2018, 07:05 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ive been caught out by Myhermes, but to be fair, they just charge the extra to what weight category it should of been sent as BUT charge like £4 admin fee, but hey ho.

Was when i sent a few light items, sent them upto 2kg, i think it weighed 2.3kg
Old 22 May 2018, 08:09 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

It's been delivered weeks ago. It was sent to the UK.

Do you work at a courier place? I could understand if it was way out. Put I always add extra length on every parcel I ever send just to cover my self. Even weight just incase the bathroom scales are out
Lol yes I work for DHL express. Just seems a whole load of work to chase incorrect sized parcels if they were right.
Old 22 May 2018, 08:12 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

I've never been recharged after for any parcels I've sent over the years and that's by using a few different companies.
But I get 50% off everything I send, but to be fair it still works out cheaper if I use ups lol.
Old 22 May 2018, 09:06 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Don't you get discount for DHL? I know I wonder if it's cus they think there getting money back of big company as I'm guessing that's how interparcel etc make there more get discount rates of big couriers.

So I'm thinking are they just making this up and charging an insane amount as they think the middle man companies will just pay up.

And they might not bother if an individual purchased direct from UPS.
Old 22 May 2018, 09:25 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Yes I get 50% but as said above, for the price Dhl charge it still works out cheaper going with ups lol. But I suppose you get what you pay for, dhl are very good at international stuff, get a parcel to America next day! As dhl are the only authorised agent in the world with customs and clear their parcels while still on the plane. Call it clear in air.

Probably the middle companies trying it on maybe? Or they undersized it to get their special deal? Either way it's a lot of fuss for a company todo if it wasn't majorly out. I can understand if going abroad as plane room and weight costs.
Old 23 May 2018, 07:26 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
But I get 50% off everything I send, but to be fair it still works out cheaper if I use ups lol.
Only 50% off? You're getting ripped mate. I never paid a penny to send anything when I worked at Ctiy Link.

Only time I ever had an issue was getting an EJ20 picked up for a mate, and the seller hadn't dropped the oil out of it so they wouldn't put it on the trunk.
Old 23 May 2018, 08:49 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Only 50% off? You're getting ripped mate. I never paid a penny to send anything when I worked at Ctiy Link.

Only time I ever had an issue was getting an EJ20 picked up for a mate, and the seller hadn't dropped the oil out of it so they wouldn't put it on the trunk.
So that's why 5hitty link gone under
Old 23 May 2018, 09:09 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Don't think so. Trying DHL a few times. Only problem I had with DHL was years ago I bought a load of stuff from China in car audio as I was kitting my hot hatch. And got billed import duty over 6 months later.

100's of pounds in one big bill.

Not sure what UPS are up to. Why so much. Cost me £40 fully insuranced. Then charge over £50. Crazy.

Yes I get 50% but as said above, for the price Dhl charge it still works out cheaper going with ups lol. But I suppose you get what you pay for, dhl are very good at international stuff, get a parcel to America next day! As dhl are the only authorised agent in the world with customs and clear their parcels while still on the plane. Call it clear in air.

Probably the middle companies trying it on maybe? Or they undersized it to get their special deal? Either way it's a lot of fuss for a company todo if it wasn't majorly out. I can understand if going abroad as plane room and weight costs.
Old 23 May 2018, 10:00 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

The import vat/duty has changed since then, dhl now email/text you when parcel has landed notifying you of import bill to pay, so you can then pay online prior to delivery (all us drivers prefer this method) or collect cash payment on door, which is a farce as we have to fill in paperwork at door, which I could be at my next delivery by then lol.
Quick tip, declare value at £1 to avoid duty etc but then that's at your risk lol.
The amount of time wasted on vat/duty where the receiver is confused on why they have more to pay when they receive their parcel is shocking, does my nut in.
I say I won't release parcel until paid lol.
But ideally it's best when folk pay it before the delivery attempt as it doesn't waste my time fecking about lol
Old 05 June 2018, 02:27 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Well I've just had an email back. Cheeky muppets, Avoid UPS.

I am writing to inform you that the carrier has reviewed the evidence provided relating to the weight of this shipment and has agreed to waive the additional surcharges.

I am pleased to confirm that there is no outstanding balance due for this order.

Thank you very much for your assistance and for working with us to resolve this issue.
Old 05 June 2018, 07:18 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

What evidence did you provide?
Old 05 June 2018, 10:09 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Measurements of the parcel. They asked for other things aswell but that all I have them.

What evidence did you provide?