Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

New Subaru but having issues 😞😞

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2017, 04:35 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were you I'd completely ignore anything the seller has said, not meaning that in a bad way but I'm doubtful that it'll be 270bhp, is there a print out to suggest this?

Especially if all cats were in place when the original map was done or at the very least a decat mid pipe which still wouldn't see 270bhp.

For peace of mind have it mapped for current mods by a reputable mapper and then hopefully the car will be running spot on.
Old 20 September 2017, 05:24 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

an induction kit normally needs a map or at least a map check , but you have put standard kit back on so in theory once ecu reset that should be ok , if decated or sports cat then a remap needed , if he is saying second cat removed then does he mean downpipe changed or centre section changed ,as a wrx has un up pipe cat and a downpipe cat , downpipe as above a map is needed , straight through centre pipe no map needed , so ecu read check maf boost solenoid and fuel pump
Old 20 September 2017, 05:30 PM
Bugeye79
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the help
And information everyone I do believe it was the Center section that he took the cat out of there is a a new pipe on .... I'm going to look to book it in somewhere to get checked can anyone recommend anywhere near to where I am ??? thanks
Old 20 September 2017, 06:22 PM
Wouldie
Scooby Regular

Contact Darren at TRW Auto & Performance, 3 Kellaw Road Darlington DL1 4YA, they have a mapping day once a month l believe with Bob Rawle a respect mapper doing the deed or google Bob Rawle and go through him.
Old 20 September 2017, 06:23 PM
Wouldie
Scooby Regular

that should be "respected".
Old 20 September 2017, 06:57 PM
Bugeye79
Scooby Newbie

Thanks a lot wouldie I'll have a run up there tomorrow and speak to darren is this a good garage to use aswell ??